Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 16 of 270
« First < 6141516 17182666116 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
Mr B 11:49 AM 03-19-2010
Very Nice Joe :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
kgoings 01:57 PM 03-19-2010
Got the rub on the ribs, and the smoker is a seasoning! An I bought a pork butt for Sunday!
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 02:05 PM 03-19-2010
I did a whole chicken and some apples. I cut the chicken down the breastplate and cracked the back to open it up. I smoked them for about 2 hours then it got windy and temp outside is dropping so I am finishing in the oven. I know I could finished with the smoker but I am to lazy to watch that and my 3 year old at the same time so into the oven they go.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
tuxpuff 02:23 PM 03-19-2010
Originally Posted by kgoings:
Got the rub on the ribs, and the smoker is a seasoning! An I bought a pork butt for Sunday!
Sounds like it's going to be a great weekend! Take some pics!
[Reply]
tuxpuff 02:24 PM 03-19-2010
Originally Posted by leasingthisspace:
I did a whole chicken and some apples. I cut the chicken down the breastplate and cracked the back to open it up. I smoked them for about 2 hours then it got windy and temp outside is dropping so I am finishing in the oven. I know I could finished with the smoker but I am to lazy to watch that and my 3 year old at the same time so into the oven they go.
Posted via Mobile Device
Apples you say? hmmm...do you prep them in any special way?
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 02:48 PM 03-19-2010
The apples I cut them in half and cored them. I basted them with a mixture of some brown sugar, some apple juice (just enough to make it pastey) and some cinnamon. I had enough to baste them before they went into the smoker with enough to put it on again when I moved them to the oven.
The only reason I got the apples was cuz my daughter saw them at the store and wanted them for cooking them on the fire as she calls it. I have to say I never done it before so I am looking forward to them. I am more of a make it up as you go along instead of a measurer.

For me cooking should be fun and less about exact amounts of things.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Steve 03:23 PM 03-19-2010
In the past, I have cored the apples and stuffed them with Carmel or chocolate and lightly oiled the outside and covered with Cinnamon. Tasty.

Originally Posted by leasingthisspace:
The apples I cut them in half and cored them. I basted them with a mixture of some brown sugar, some apple juice (just enough to make it pastey) and some cinnamon. I had enough to baste them before they went into the smoker with enough to put it on again when I moved them to the oven.
The only reason I got the apples was cuz my daughter saw them at the store and wanted them for cooking them on the fire as she calls it. I have to say I never done it before so I am looking forward to them. I am more of a make it up as you go along instead of a measurer.

For me cooking should be fun and less about exact amounts of things.
Posted via Mobile Device

[Reply]
leasingthisspace 03:29 PM 03-19-2010
Sounds good. Did you post a pic here of them? It was probably your post that fueled my thought. I remember seeing one somewhere.
Ask Knip23 if the apples were good he just ate one.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
marge796 03:37 PM 03-19-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
Smoked up some pastrami yesterday afternoon w/ apple and plum wood, sliced it up this morning.

Washed, coated w/ ground pepper, corriander and mustard seeds. About to go in the smoker.

All done, into foil and a cooler to contemplate life for a few hours, then straight to the refrigerator overnight.

First slices... Love the smoke ring.

Sliced - fat cap gets trimmed off as I use the slices.

Breakfast. Yum.

This looks outstanding!!!

Chris.....
[Reply]
Knip23 04:22 PM 03-19-2010
Ribs with Home made Honey BBQ sauce, with just a hint of Jack :-)
Attached: 0319101136.jpg (114.3 KB) 
[Reply]
tuxpuff 04:35 PM 03-19-2010
Originally Posted by Knip23:
Ribs with Home made Honey BBQ sauce, with just a hint of Jack :-)
Now I'm starving!
[Reply]
kgoings 09:23 PM 03-19-2010
My first attempt at smoking meat. It didnt get finished in time for dinner so I put it in the oven for 20 minutes to cook it to a safe temp.

Attached: ribs.jpg (112.6 KB) 
[Reply]
T.G 09:39 PM 03-19-2010
Looks good. :-)

No crime or shame about putting it in an oven to finish. A large number of restaurants do that all the time.

How did it taste?
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 10:55 AM 03-20-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
No crime or shame about putting it in an oven to finish. A large number of restaurants do that all the time.
I do it with chicken and beef roasts to crank up the temps for a crispy outside.

20 degrees before serving temp I'll move it into the oven around 400.
[Reply]
Steve 01:24 PM 03-20-2010
One of the great things to me about smoking meat is practice, practice, practice. I mean, really, however bad it comes out, it will always be better than the commerical stuff. Just learn from the mistakes and move on.

:-):-)

[quote=kgoings;799940]My first attempt at smoking meat. It didnt get finished in time for dinner so I put it in the oven for 20 minutes to cook it to a safe temp.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:43 AM 03-21-2010
5 lb brisket put on at 7:00 AM this morning. Kingsford Comp and a cup of soaked pecan shells.
[Reply]
eber 12:13 PM 03-21-2010
that pastrami looks awesome !!! I cant wait to fire up my smoker
[Reply]
Darrell 12:21 PM 03-21-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
5 lb brisket put on at 7:00 AM this morning. Kingsford Comp and a cup of soaked pecan shells.
:-)
[Reply]
kgoings 01:09 PM 03-21-2010
Put in an 8.5lb butt in this morning at 5AM...Sorry I didnt take a pic ahead of time. I will get one later
[Reply]
kgoings 04:53 PM 03-21-2010
Originally Posted by kgoings:
Put in an 8.5lb butt in this morning at 5AM...Sorry I didnt take a pic ahead of time. I will get one later
Just pulled it off the smoker and wrapped it in aluminum. I put too much rub on it and the outside looks (and tastes) charred...but the inside is fantastic!!! I guess I will just trim off all the outside
[Reply]
Page 16 of 270
« First < 6141516 17182666116 > Last »
Up