Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 139 of 199
« First < 3989129137138139 140141149189 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
icehog3 05:06 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by stearns:
That being said, I heard an unconfirmed story that HH will be letting certain groups (likely associated with charitable donations) pick 12 year barrels, those will be all sorts of secondary expensive if true,
Plus lots of extra $$$$ for the tater sticker. :-) :-)
[Reply]
stearns 06:38 AM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Plus lots of extra $$$$ for the tater sticker. :-) :-)
While they last! Four Roses has already started doing away with them, one of my groups did a pick recently and got a "non-mutilation agreement" after that we had to sign agreeing to not alter the bottle in any way (including adding any stickers). Seems like that could be a trend going forward, at least from the big guys
[Reply]
icehog3 08:35 AM 07-02-2021
While they last! Four Roses has already started doing away with them, one of my groups did a pick recently and got a "non-mutilation agreement" after that we had to sign agreeing to not alter the bottle in any way (including adding any stickers). Seems like that could be a trend going forward, at least from the big guys
Ah yes, I heard about that from Four Roses, Ben.

Easy work-around, give the buyer their own "novelty sticker" to do as they please with when they get home. Some of the guys on FB bourbon groups are even paranoid about that.
[Reply]
stearns 08:53 AM 07-02-2021
The guy that got the email from my group responded with "I will absolutely sign, and will be happy to take any barrels from stores that won't sign the agreement" :-)
[Reply]
big a 09:09 AM 07-02-2021
First one will probably be 200+, then people will see that a lot of stores are getting them and it will drop down

That being said, I heard an unconfirmed story that HH will be letting certain groups (likely associated with charitable donations) pick 12 year barrels, those will be all sorts of secondary expensive if true, but I think in general the 12 year barrels will go to regular ECBP releases for as long as they're still age stated
That was my thought too, similar to the OF BS stuff that has came out lately. I'm not the biggest ECBP fan, but a group I'm in picked a 10 yr- 141.3 that I'm excited to try it.

I have mixed feelings on this, guess I don't understand the reasoning behind it. However, There are always those that push the limits with some of the designs and i would guess that brand gets lumped into them because its their product its on. I do have a buzz light-year and woody New Riff that are my most tatered out bottles and pretty sweet :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:43 AM 07-03-2021
The guy that got the email from my group responded with "I will absolutely sign, and will be happy to take any barrels from stores that won't sign the agreement" :-)
Bingo. :-)

Originally Posted by big a:
I do have a buzz light-year and woody New Riff that are my most tatered out bottles and pretty sweet :-)
My latest tater bottle. MGP finished in tawny port barrels. I'm usually not a finished whiskey guy, but this was relatively cheap and hysterical.

[Reply]
big a 10:34 AM 07-03-2021

My latest tater bottle. MGP finished in tawny port barrels. I'm usually not a finished whiskey guy, but this was relatively cheap and hysterical.
I just had good times for the first time last weekend. I think it was the blackberry finish. It wasn't too bad, the finished part wasn't overpowering like I half expected. I feel that good times is definitely one of those brands benefiting from the tater secondary market
[Reply]
icehog3 03:20 PM 07-03-2021
I just had good times for the first time last weekend. I think it was the blackberry finish. It wasn't too bad, the finished part wasn't overpowering like I half expected. I feel that good times is definitely one of those brands benefiting from the tater secondary market
This will be my first foray into Good Times, Andrew. I wasn't expecting too much, you have definitely given me a little more hope. :-)

I wonder if some good whiskey is being consumed in Colorado right now? :-)
[Reply]
The camaro show 03:02 PM 07-04-2021
A few more from vacation
“Rye Berry”
Sagamore Rye

“Old Fashioned”
Noah’s Mill
[Reply]
jledou 10:12 AM 07-06-2021
Ah yes, I heard about that from Four Roses, Ben.

Easy work-around, give the buyer their own "novelty sticker" to do as they please with when they get home. Some of the guys on FB bourbon groups are even paranoid about that.
There is talk that some of this stems from the TTB and label approval.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:53 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by jledou:
There is talk that some of this stems from the TTB and label approval.
TTB? :-)
[Reply]
big a 01:41 PM 07-06-2021
TTB? :-)
I think TTB stands for Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (US Department of the Treasury)
[Reply]
jledou 02:53 PM 07-06-2021
I think TTB stands for Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (US Department of the Treasury)
Correct, they have to approve all labels that go on the bottles so there is some question around does the sticker violate their approved labeling.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:26 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by jledou:
Correct, they have to approve all labels that go on the bottles so there is some question around does the sticker violate their approved labeling.
Understood, Jay, but still think it's kinda lame in this context. :-)
[Reply]
jledou 07:53 AM 07-07-2021
Understood, Jay, but still think it's kinda lame in this context. :-)
I agree with you. Our friends from the government are always there ready to help us :-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 06:00 PM 07-07-2021
I finally busted open the GD15. I'm really enjoying it. The nose has baking spices, fresh bread, and plum. On the taste I get cinnamon, vanilla, orange, and caramel apple. The finish fairly coats the tongue, but dissipates rather quickly, with more orange and some clove.

I think I grabbed this for $63, and would grab another bottle without hesitation.

[Reply]
longknocker 06:09 PM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
I finally busted open the GD15. I'm really enjoying it. The nose has baking spices, fresh bread, and plum. On the taste I get cinnamon, vanilla, orange, and caramel apple. The finish fairly coats the tongue, but dissipates rather quickly, with more orange and some clove.

I think I grabbed this for $63, and would grab another bottle without hesitation.

:-) No "Flintstones Vitamins"???:-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 09:14 PM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by longknocker:
:-) No "Flintstones Vitamins"???:-)
LOL, nope, no Flintstones.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:05 AM 07-08-2021
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:

Just saw this at my local yesterday, right around $65 as well. For my previous Dickel experience, I'd try and find a pour before committing to a bottle.

Last night I had single barrel picks of 9 year KC and 5 year KC rye.

[Reply]
Jbailey 10:11 AM 07-08-2021

Love to hear what you think of these good times Tom. I had a chance to grab some awhile back but passed. kinda wished I grabbed a few.
[Reply]
Page 139 of 199
« First < 3989129137138139 140141149189 > Last »
Up