Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Pork Belly Whiskey
chachee52 05:06 AM 06-25-2012
I am a big advocate of the saying "Everything is better with bacon". That being said I thought that I met my demise when I saw this, but man was I mistaken.
I was at Saloon in Davis Sq Somerville, MA last night and they have a coctail there that is: pork belly whiskey, bitters and grenadine. At first I didn't want to try it because of the grenadine (not a big fan) but the waitress talked me into trying it with light grenedine. And I'm glad that I did!!!!!!
The first sip was strange. It started off sweet and then after a little over a second turned to BACON!!! It wasn't a strong flavor, but it was there. More of a smokey flavor. It was good.
I tried looking up Pork Belly whiskey, but most of what I found was "how to" sites. So I'm assuming that they make their own, but if anyone knows of any to purchase please let me know.
What a great drink:-):-)
[Reply]
blugill 05:11 AM 06-25-2012
I made bacon vodka once.
Meh...
[Reply]
chestrockwell80 04:21 PM 07-10-2012
Originally Posted by chachee52:
I am a big advocate of the saying "Everything is better with bacon". That being said I thought that I met my demise when I saw this, but man was I mistaken.
I was at Saloon in Davis Sq Somerville, MA last night and they have a coctail there that is: pork belly whiskey, bitters and grenadine. At first I didn't want to try it because of the grenadine (not a big fan) but the waitress talked me into trying it with light grenedine. And I'm glad that I did!!!!!!
The first sip was strange. It started off sweet and then after a little over a second turned to BACON!!! It wasn't a strong flavor, but it was there. More of a smokey flavor. It was good.
I tried looking up Pork Belly whiskey, but most of what I found was "how to" sites. So I'm assuming that they make their own, but if anyone knows of any to purchase please let me know.
What a great drink:-):-)
I gotta go there and try it :-)
[Reply]
Up