Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Good Eats>What are you eating & drinking for Christmas?
gomeitsmybday 01:50 PM 12-24-2018

So this year my family decided to go with something a little less conventional, but with good reason if you ask me. In past years my mother would go through the trouble of spending hours in the kitchen to make food that people hardly eat. (Not me, I love her cooking!)
But so we decided to go with a local chain of take & bake pizza. Will link at bottom of post if you care to check them out. We went with the “Moltansanti” a more traditional Italian style pie as well as the “Wing Ding” Which is essentially a hot chicken wing style pizza. Oh, and cheesy sticks for good measure. What I love about this pizzeria is that they use really top-notch ingredients, the Gorgonzola on the wing ding is stellar!
Oh and as if that wasn’t amazing enough, the location I frequent shares their property with a wine & beer shop! So naturally, I picked up a 6er of Brewdog Choco Libre, and a nice Chianti. Kill two deliciously drunken birds with one stone, I always say! (Okay, I never say that, except for right now.)
Decided to post the booze here as well instead of posting a whole separate thread in the wine & beer section, hope that’s okay!

https://www.mamamimis.com
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 01:51 PM 12-24-2018
I'll chime in for the other members of the Tribe here. Chinese food.
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 02:04 PM 12-24-2018
Haha I forgot about Chinese! I could always go for some Szechuan chicken...
[Reply]
icehog3 03:07 PM 12-24-2018
Tomorrow at the cousins, I';; be eating everything that is carb free. That means no mashed potatoes, no stuffing, no cranberry sauce, no gravy, no rolls.

But at least Imma drink well.....
[Reply]
markem 03:11 PM 12-24-2018
We do Mexican food for Xmas as Thanksgiving is the big family get together. Mexican drinks may be involved.
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 03:59 PM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Tomorrow at the cousins, I';; be eating everything that is carb free. That means no mashed potatoes, no stuffing, no cranberry sauce, no gravy, no rolls.
Bummer on the no carbs! Yeah I really decided to throw caution to the wind this year carb & calorie wise haha. But I figure if there is a good excuse to do so, Christmas might as well be one. Going to be going double time on the stationary bike in the coming weeks, that’s for sure...
[Reply]
Gabe215 07:52 PM 12-24-2018
Dinner tonight at my parents my Mom made Beef Bourguignon soooo good. Also made tsureiki which is a delicious sweet Greek bread. To drink Cab Sav and Local Craft IPA’s.
[Reply]
Fig_Nasty 10:10 PM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by gomeitsmybday:

So this year my family decided to go with something a little less conventional, but with good reason if you ask me. In past years my mother would go through the trouble of spending hours in the kitchen to make food that people hardly eat. (Not me, I love her cooking!)
But so we decided to go with a local chain of take & bake pizza. Will link at bottom of post if you care to check them out. We went with the “Moltansanti” a more traditional Italian style pie as well as the “Wing Ding” Which is essentially a hot chicken wing style pizza. Oh, and cheesy sticks for good measure. What I love about this pizzeria is that they use really top-notch ingredients, the Gorgonzola on the wing ding is stellar!
Oh and as if that wasn’t amazing enough, the location I frequent shares their property with a wine & beer shop! So naturally, I picked up a 6er of Brewdog Choco Libre, and a nice Chianti. Kill two deliciously drunken birds with one stone, I always say! (Okay, I never say that, except for right now.)
Decided to post the booze here as well instead of posting a whole separate thread in the wine & beer section, hope that’s okay!

https://www.mamamimis.com

Here in Miami there is plenty of Cuban style Lechon with rice/black beans and yuca to go around. Always my favorite time of year.

Michael brewdogs has some really good stuff out. Had the opportunity to taste their American Imperial Stout "Tactical Nuclear Penguin" coming in at a whoping 32% abv :-) The bottles of it don't come around too often and it was pretty intense to say the least haha
[Reply]
Tio Gato 07:33 AM 12-25-2018
Cajun red beans and rice for breakfast with a Wild Turkey eye openner.
Dinner will be glazed ham, chorizo and peppers, baked fish along with Veuve Clicquot. :-)
Supper will be heartburn with Alka Seltzer.:-)
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 08:48 AM 12-25-2018
Originally Posted by Fig_Nasty:
Here in Miami there is plenty of Cuban style Lechon with rice/black beans and yuca to go around. Always my favorite time of year.

Michael brewdogs has some really good stuff out. Had the opportunity to taste their American Imperial Stout "Tactical Nuclear Penguin" coming in at a whoping 32% abv :-) The bottles of it don't come around too often and it was pretty intense to say the least haha
Sounds tasty! I’ve always wanted to stay in Miami for a spell to sample some of the cuisine, but the closest I’ve been was driving right past it on my way to the Keys. One of these days I think I will plan a vacation so I can tour some of the cigar companies and drink lots of Cuban espresso!
Never had the tactical nuclear penguin but I’m definitely adding that to my to-do! By and large my favorite craft beer company is Founders, but I’m not thrilled that they are from Michigan. Trying to make an effort to sample more local brews lately!
@ Tio Gato haha yes I’m with you there, these days I always plan ahead with some Pepcid AC! I have to, otherwise I would be chewing on endless amounts of Tums like bubblegum. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:07 AM 12-25-2018
Originally Posted by gomeitsmybday:
Bummer on the no carbs! Yeah I really decided to throw caution to the wind this year carb & calorie wise haha. But I figure if there is a good excuse to do so, Christmas might as well be one. Going to be going double time on the stationary bike in the coming weeks, that’s for sure...
Hoping this is a short term thing for me, but you can't cheat on this particular one or you come straight out of ketosis and have to work to get there again.

I should be good for lots of potatoes by St. Patrick's Day. :-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 09:12 AM 12-25-2018
Frittata for breakfast.

Afternoon snack of sausage- and shrimp-stuffed mushrooms.

Ham and the fixin's for dinner.
[Reply]
Fig_Nasty 06:02 PM 12-25-2018
Mike whenever you decide to come down to Miami we’ll get together and hit up some shops. It’s defiantly a vibe down here! Cafecito is amazing, but dangerous! You have been warned...lol
[Reply]
kydsid 08:00 PM 12-25-2018
We tried taking down a Xmas brisket, it won

[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 08:02 PM 12-25-2018
That sounds awesome - the hitting up shops part, the Cafecito sounds a little intimidating, but I do enjoy my caffiene haha.
And thank you for the offer Nelson, I’ll definitely take you up on that once I manage to get back down there!
And wowww that brisket looks delicious.
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:08 PM 12-25-2018
Enjoyed the usual...spiral ham, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, corn, stuffing, rolls, and pumpkin pie. :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:37 AM 12-26-2018
Originally Posted by icehog3:
But at least Imma drink well.....
Never even got to try the 1792. My cousin decided to crack a bottle of Weller 12 year he received for his birthday in July.

I'm NOT complaining! :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
massphatness 10:36 AM 12-26-2018
We did sous vide tenderloins with kosher salt encrusted bake potatoes and a variety of sides.

Loads of wine throughout the day. Our go-to waiter at our favorite restaurant had given Grace a mulled wine recipe a few years back, and she spices a few bottles every Christmas. Started with that in the morning. Had a couple bottles of Caymus Special Selection with dinner, and downed some port with dessert.

Epicureanly speaking, 'twas a good day.

Here's the vino -- sous vide going in the background.

[Reply]
BigAsh 12:01 PM 12-26-2018
Originally Posted by massphatness:
We did sous vide tenderloins with kosher salt encrusted bake potatoes and a variety of sides.

Loads of wine throughout the day. Our go-to waiter at our favorite restaurant had given Grace a mulled wine recipe a few years back, and she spices a few bottles every Christmas. Started with that in the morning. Had a couple bottles of Caymus Special Selection with dinner, and downed some port with dessert.

Here's the vino -- sous vide going in the background.

Yum!
[Reply]
icehog3 02:39 PM 12-26-2018
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Didn't even have to use your AK. :-)

Merry Christmas, Vin and all.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up