Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Finally Getting A Cooler
Catfish 01:50 PM 01-10-2014
Ice Cube Max Cold 70 Roller

Recent purchases and a gratuitous bombing attack that decimated my Rubber-dor collection has forced my hand. Found this on Amazon. :-)

If anyone has found a better deal or knows a good reason I shouldn't get this please let me know. :-)
[Reply]
Remo 01:52 PM 01-10-2014
Sweet,,,,go bigger :-) that is about the size I am using David :-)
[Reply]
Remo 02:08 PM 01-10-2014

Attached:
[Reply]
Catfish 02:10 PM 01-10-2014
Sweet! Thanks! Awesome to know my instincts were good on this one.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 02:21 PM 01-10-2014
So David has an empty cooler!? :-)
[Reply]
big_jaygee 02:29 PM 01-10-2014
Originally Posted by emopunker2004:
So David has an empty cooler!? :-)
:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
MrClean 02:40 PM 01-10-2014
Nice David! Time to expand, that's always a good thing. :-)
[Reply]
Catfish 02:41 PM 01-10-2014
nope. buying a cooler because my tupperdors are already overflowing. This will get pretty filled immediately.
[Reply]
Remo 02:46 PM 01-10-2014
Originally Posted by Catfish:
nope. buying a cooler because my tupperdors are already overflowing. This will get pretty filled immediately.
So, you will have empty tupperdors!!!
[Reply]
Heavy_d 02:46 PM 01-10-2014
So then you'll have empty tupperdors, right???
[Reply]
Remo 02:47 PM 01-10-2014
David, put down the shovel!!! Stop digging :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 02:52 PM 01-10-2014

Recent purchases and a gratuitous bombing attack that decimated my Rubber-dor collection has forced my hand. Found this on Amazon. :-)

If anyone has found a better deal or knows a good reason I shouldn't get this please let me know. :-)
:-) This Warmed My Heart, David! Congrats, Brother!:-):-)
[Reply]
Dude Here 02:56 PM 01-10-2014
I've got a 70qt as well but not one with rollers. I didn't like that the wheel wells took up a good portion of the floor space in the cooler. Just my two cents.
[Reply]
pnoon 03:19 PM 01-10-2014
I recommend going with a cooler with a bigger footprint. Makes it easier to get things from the bottom with less rearranging. With a deeper/taller cooler and a smaller foot print, you have more to do to get to the bottom.

:-)

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-62-Qua...coleman+cooler
[Reply]
longknocker 03:24 PM 01-10-2014
Originally Posted by pnoon:
I recommend going with a cooler with a bigger footprint. Makes it easier to get things from the bottom with less rearranging. With a deeper/taller cooler and a smaller foot print, you have more to do to get to the bottom.

:-)

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-62-Qua...coleman+cooler
:-) Almost Exactly Like The One I Have. Peter Knows Things.:-):-)
[Reply]
Dude Here 03:32 PM 01-10-2014
Here's a pic of mine.

70qt as well. I can fit 9 boxes, a pound of beads and the hygro in there easily.
[Reply]
equetefue 04:40 PM 01-10-2014
So much room for bombs. This is excellent
[Reply]
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 04:46 PM 01-10-2014
another step down the slope... :-)

you'll be onto a 100 Qt model in no time :-)
[Reply]
bobarian 05:06 PM 01-10-2014
Originally Posted by Sweet_Leaf_PDX:
another step down the slope... :-)

you'll be onto a 100 Qt model in no time :-)
Larger is not necessarily better. :-) They are much harder to find place to store. Also, every time you want to locate a box you must expose your entire stash and your beads will take more time to acclimate. I prefer smaller 48-60qt units without wheels. They are easy to stack in a closet, much lighter to move around and the smaller units make it easy to organize. :-)
[Reply]
T.G 05:34 PM 01-10-2014

IIRC, that cooler isn't straight walled, when the back wall gets about 8"-10" from the bottom, it slopes inward at about a 30 to 45-degree angle to clear the wheels and create a drain well. This could make stacking boxes difficult.

Also, these are really deep and not very wide or long, you'll end up having to pull a lot of boxes out to get to the lower levels. They also don't stack, so if you ever get a second one, it'll have to be next to the first rather than above.

IMO, no need to pay extra for the "max cold" or "extreme" insulation, just get a regular cooler.

Peter and Bob give solid advice, I have a number of 48 quart coolers and some 27 gallon (102 quart) tool tubs for the troop cigars, and the 48 quart are easily accessible and easy to find stuff with the wider footprint. The 27 gal tubs only work because most stuff is in one gallon bags and I have a high turnover rate . I can pull a random gallon bag with 50 cigars in it easily, but finding anything specific is arduous at best.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up