Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Health and Fitness>Yoga?
Devanmc 07:42 PM 11-04-2013
I know for most here its all about lifting and all that shenanigans. Do any of you do yoga?

I've been doing it for a couple months now. It's not the crossfit work out I was doing but its still good for me. It helps calm me down and the meditation aspect really helps get my head in order. For those of you that know me, I can be a bit crazy. So its good so far.

ladies, gents, or am I odd man out on this?
[Reply]
icehog3 08:01 PM 11-04-2013
I have heard good things, I think Moses may dabble. The stretching aspect of it would be both would I would love and what I would loathe. I am just going to stick to my current stretching regimen, it is painful enough, Devan. :-)
[Reply]
T.G 08:17 PM 11-04-2013
Tom, the mere thought of you in yoga pants makes me cringe, brother.

Pass the mind bleach please.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:32 PM 11-04-2013
Think of the things I could show you in those yoga pants though, Adam.....

[Reply]
Steve 06:14 AM 11-05-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
:-)

A special kind of bro-mance right there folks!
[Reply]
shilala 06:33 AM 11-05-2013
Devan, my wife Yogas all the time. She has the fancy mat and goes to classes and everystuff. She does it at home, too.
She truly loves it. She runs, walks, and goes to the gym as well, but she says the yoga really relaxes her and she looks forward to it because it's so calming.
I'd tell ya to stick with it. Find some classes with a good instructor if you haven't already, that way you won't hurt anything. :-)
[Reply]
tsolomon 10:05 AM 11-05-2013
I have been doing yoga for a number of years and it keeps my back healthy and has improved the quality of my life. At 50 I was frustrated with how often I had back problems and after dealing with doctors, physical therapy and chiropractors which helped, but didn't give me long term relief I walked into a yoga studio. It took about 6 months to really get better, but I just turned 60 and I very seldom have back problems and I'm doing a lot of physical activities that I couldn't do 10 years ago. :-)
[Reply]
pektel 10:26 AM 11-05-2013

:-) Tom wins the internet today. :-)
[Reply]
Remo 10:35 AM 11-05-2013

That was funny as Hell :-) Win!!
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:01 AM 11-05-2013
I have heard good things, I think Moses may dabble. The stretching aspect of it would be both would I would love and what I would loathe. I am just going to stick to my current stretching regimen, it is painful enough, Devan. :-)
Yes, I have been in and out of Yoga for 15 years. I don't do much after I herniated a disk in my back (not from Yoga). A friend of mine owns the largest studio in the Boston area.

Yoga is a great exercise, helps build usable strength and flexibility. "You are as old as your spine is flexible" the saying goes. Tons of hot chicks in the classes and if you do one class a week for 10 weeks, you'll be transformed feeling or a cigar is on me...

All that being said, it is very easy to injure yourself in Yoga, especially in a heated room. Do not try to "compete" and don't try to be a hero. Take small progressive steps forward over time and there is no "goal" or end point; like golf. You just keep moving forward for ever.

With all that intro, I much prefer mat Pilates which does many of the same poses.

Keep up your practice! Namaste
[Reply]
tsolomon 12:38 PM 11-05-2013
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
All that being said, it is very easy to injure yourself in Yoga, especially in a heated room. Do not try to "compete" and don't try to be a hero. Take small progressive steps forward over time and there is no "goal" or end point; like golf. You just keep moving forward for ever.
At the studio I attend, this is called knowing your bus stop. It's not a competition to see who can go the deepest in the pose. When you're new to it, go slowly and work on improving your strength and flexibility over time.
[Reply]
Starscream 04:45 PM 11-23-2013
I do my DDP Yoga everyday, but it ain't your mama's yoga. Still, it incorporates a lot of positions, poses, moves and whatnot from yoga.
[Reply]
Blueface 06:56 PM 01-11-2014
I am getting ready to order former wrestlers program DDPYoga.
I have read nothing but good things.
Was featured on the show Doctors.
Anyone try this?
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:14 PM 01-11-2014
I have DDP yoga, but haven't used it yet. From what I've seen also, looks like it's the real deal. Very interested to hear how you like it.
[Reply]
Blueface 07:24 PM 01-11-2014
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
I have DDP yoga, but haven't used it yet. From what I've seen also, looks like it's the real deal. Very interested to hear how you like it.
I was trying to debate between ordering that now or the ab carver pro.
I figured DDP would be better for my back issues.
[Reply]
Blueface 01:38 PM 01-12-2014
Originally Posted by Starscream:
I do my DDP Yoga everyday, but it ain't your mama's yoga. Still, it incorporates a lot of positions, poses, moves and whatnot from yoga.
Heck, I missed this post.
How do you like it?
[Reply]
Starscream 08:57 AM 01-25-2014
It's great! I lost over 65 lbs with DDPYoga. I have a lot more flexibility, strength, and energy. It feels great! I haven't been on here in a while, so sorry for the late response.
[Reply]
yourchoice 09:07 AM 01-25-2014
I yoga once a week while doing p90x or p90x3. The first time I did it, I was surprised how challenging it was. Definitely improves balance and flexibility along with a kind of general, overall strength.
[Reply]
pektel 09:34 AM 01-25-2014
Huh, I guess I have done yoga a few times:

http://listcovery.com/drunk-yoga/
[Reply]
Mariareese 04:49 AM 11-25-2014
Although yoga does not need too much auxiliary appliance, the usefulness of yoga appliance cannot be doubted as it will make you much relaxed and safe. There are a few requisite yoga appliance that you cannot do without, specifically clothing such as upper body wear and pants.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up