Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Entertainment>Star Trek (2009)
Darrell 05:02 PM 05-08-2009
AMAZING is the first word that comes to mind when I think of J.J. Abrams adaptation of the timeless Science Fiction classic, Star Trek. This was a prequel since it took place during part of both young James T. Kirk and Spock’s young lives. This quickly jumps forward to their time in Starfleet Academy and their first mission aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise. I’m not going to go into so much detail about the plot as I do not want to give so much away.

Chris Pine was amazing as James Kirk, he was young and reckless and played the part to perfection. He was convincing as James Kirk and about as well rounded as possible. I cannot imagine anyone player a better young James T. Kirk. Zack Quinto played the young Vulcan/Human Spock and was amazingly convincing as an emotionless Vulcan Starfleet Commander, even in the face of danger and heartache. I have a feeling Leonard Nimoy is proud to Have him as Spock as he really went above and beyond and played Spock perfect. Simon Pegg was HILARIOUS as Scotty, I guarantee he will have you cracking up. They did not go much into his background and he was maybe only on screen a total of 30 minutes, but most of what he said made me and the rest of the theater laugh.

The action and CGI sequences in Star Trek were amazing. The U.S.S. Enterprise looked true to the originally just “prettier” for lack of better term. Modern CGI and technology was good to the Enterprise. The battle scenes looked like they were shot part with miniatures and CGI. I was really impressed with how well everything looked and was shot. It was true to the original series, but when a modern look and feel. The plot was solid as a rock in this, it was one of the best written Science Fiction movies I’ve ever seen, their was not a single plot hole anywhere in the movie — everything was well explained, drawn out to the correct length as to not make the movie slow, and executed with ease.

This was by FAR the best Star Trek movie and a real treat for anyone who loves both Science Fiction and Star Trek. It’s movies like this that remind me why I love film so much.
[Reply]
hotreds 05:16 PM 05-08-2009
I, likewise enjoyed the movie!:-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 05:33 PM 05-08-2009
For once I have to agree with Darrell!!!:-)

This is a fun, enjoyable, serious, and touching adventure movie that will have you on the edge of your seat and feeling a roller coaster range of emotions. This is not your father's Star Trek!!!
:-)
[Reply]
BMTA 05:40 PM 05-08-2009
Dangit I'm already dyin to see it, but got to much to do this weekend. Will probably have to sneek away and watch it alone anyway. Girlfriends not a Trekie!
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 05:41 PM 05-08-2009
My wife's work group all got taken out to see it. Now when I go to see it with her I get to hear her peanut gallery comments. "Oh, hear comes the good part!", "Just wait", etc.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 09:28 PM 05-08-2009
Thanks, Darrell!

I am an long-time Trek fan... haven't had the chance to see it yet. Your expertise has me really excited to see this film. :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 05:36 PM 05-09-2009
Not everyone liked it.
[Reply]
boonedoggle 05:38 PM 05-09-2009
I was somewhat dissapointed, and here is why: I like Star Trek because it had a sense of subtle cheesiness to it in the past...but it worked. I like big budget movies fine, like Terminator and Transformers and such...but not the Star Trek. Some things should not get CGI'd up. I think the franchise should look into the future, not the past. But, I suppose, they will get their big budget money...
[Reply]
TRicker 08:51 PM 05-09-2009
Awesome movie, I give it:-):-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:55 PM 05-09-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Not everyone liked it.
Everyone should check this link out!!! Hilarious!!!:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 10:40 AM 05-11-2009
Can't wait!
[Reply]
hoax 03:47 PM 05-11-2009
I loved it. In all honesty the plot was a bit thin but the movie was really about meeting the new crew. From start to finish it was massively entertaining.
[Reply]
landhoney 04:29 PM 05-11-2009
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
My wife's work group all got taken out to see it. Now when I go to see it with her I get to hear her peanut gallery comments. "Oh, hear comes the good part!", "Just wait", etc.
I hear duct tape works. :-) :-)
[Reply]
landhoney 04:32 PM 05-11-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Everyone should check this link out!!! Hilarious!!!:-)
And Bree is uber cute :-)
[Reply]
ca21455 05:46 PM 05-11-2009
Believe it or not the wife wanted the kids to bring her to see Star Trek for Mothers Day. So we went after dinner.

I thought it was really well done and enjoyed it a lot. Only bad thing was the lady behind us fell asleep and amazingly she snored so load you could hear her over the soundtrack. Someone finally woke her up, incredible.
[Reply]
JE3146 07:19 PM 05-12-2009
Went last night with some friends. Amazingly Ashley wanted to come with. Neither of us are Star Trek fans... in fact neither of us had ever seen anything even remotely Star Trek related. I mean we knew who William Shatner and we've heard the name Spock before.. but other than that... nada.

But in the end, we both loved it. :-)
[Reply]
CBI_2 08:00 PM 05-12-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Thanks, Darrell!

I am an long-time Trek fan... haven't had the chance to see it yet. Your expertise has me really excited to see this film. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
macpappy 09:19 PM 05-15-2009
Just got back from seeing it. WORTH THE MONEY!!!!!!
Can't wait to buy the DVD.
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:57 PM 05-16-2009
I took Heather to see it tonight!!!

She loved it!!!

This was my second time and I think this movie has something for eveyone!!! What a great mix of comedy, adventure, action, drama, and sci fi!!!

[Reply]
Starscream 07:36 PM 05-21-2009
Going to see this tomorrow:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up