Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>How do you know when you've bought too many?
cmitch 05:11 PM 03-16-2012
I ordered a new phone because I dropped and broke my old Motorola. I had already given the missus a heads up that my cigar order would be arriving soon. In comes the phone in an 8 x 6 x 6 box. Wife says, Cigars? I said, "phone." "Are you sure? It says Olva on the side."
"that's a shipping code prefix. If it was my cigars, the box would've been four times that size."
I got 'the look'. Time to go.
[Reply]
Chemyst 05:33 PM 03-16-2012
I had a witty reply but you got 'the look',
so you're already busted.

Chemyst :-)
[Reply]
cmitch 05:38 PM 03-16-2012
Originally Posted by Chemyst:
I had a witty reply but you got 'the look',
so you're already busted.

Chemyst :-)
Once you get the look, it's just best to get lost.:-)
[Reply]
Timbo147 06:54 PM 03-16-2012
Originally Posted by cmitch:
Once you get the look, it's just best to get lost.:-)
Or a P.O. box:-)
[Reply]
schollianmj 06:58 PM 03-16-2012
yup. P.O. box. or ship to a coworkers house. :-)
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 07:20 PM 03-16-2012
It rarely works, but I usually tell her buying cigars is cheaper than dropping fifty bucks at a bar and waking up with a splitting headache.
[Reply]
68TriShield 07:31 PM 03-16-2012
Was it the eye or was it the Stink Eye?

If the latter...forget about it.
[Reply]
thecatch83 07:57 PM 03-16-2012
Nothing wrong with it! Guys have vices, just like most women with shoes, shopping, getting manicures etc. If you're not out boozing and gambling away your retirement....I see nothing wrong with spending a little cash for a quality smoke from time to time. It's a great hobby, the tobacco is so much healthier than disgusting cigarettes, and man, it sure is a great way to spend a couple hours with some buddies!
[Reply]
Crownedone 09:07 PM 03-16-2012
Ha....I know the feeling. I have been working on the road for the last month, and unfortunately while in my hotel room alone and board I tend to shop.....! to date the wife has stacked 5 boxes(i think) for me when I return home. She has stopped questioning me about them. She just says in our nightly call " oh by the way you got another box today...." that "TONE" is there, however i'm not sure how that "TONE" is going to be when she gets the next 5 boxes I just ordered this weekend. :-):-)
[Reply]
lenguamor 09:16 PM 03-16-2012
"Too many?" What is this strange language? I do not comprehend it.
[Reply]
jluck 09:40 PM 03-16-2012
Originally Posted by lenguamor:
I think it translates to; Time for a larger humidor,coolidor,wineador or.....

Too many cigars= Too few of humidors
[Reply]
ApexAZ 09:45 PM 03-16-2012
When the credit card machine says "declined".
[Reply]
cigarsmoker2543 10:03 PM 03-16-2012
I know that look, next time have it marked Radio Active, that should keep her away
[Reply]
Big Maduro 11:15 PM 03-16-2012
Yeah, I got one of those looks when the wife found a receipt from CI. Now I shred those.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 11:35 PM 03-16-2012
Well Clayton..... At least she JUST gave you the look, and nothing worse!!! Let me know if you need a place to crash. I know I'm 2 hours away, but it's better than sleeping in a car! :-)
[Reply]
cmitch 11:39 PM 03-16-2012
I'll refrain from explaining to her that I bought 400 bucks worth for about 218. I don't think she'll 'get it'. I no longer frequent the B&M due to chronic douchebaggery so I go the only local all smoking sports cafe, play Buzztime poker and sip on a drink. No use explaining how much money is saved buying on line as compared to the former B&M. :-)
[Reply]
SvilleKid 11:41 PM 03-16-2012
Originally Posted by cmitch:
I'll refrain from explaining to her that I bought 400 bucks worth for about 218. I don't think she'll 'get it'. I no longer frequent the B&M due to chronic douchebaggery so I go the only local all smoking sports cafe, play Buzztime poker and sip on a drink. No use explaining how much money is saved buying on line as compared to the former B&M. :-)
So.... K still being a arsehole? A zebra doesn't change it's stripes, does it!!!!
[Reply]
cmitch 11:42 PM 03-16-2012
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
Well Clayton..... At least she JUST gave you the look, and nothing worse!!! Let me know if you need a place to crash. I know I'm 2 hours away, but it's better than sleeping in a car! :-)
She's not too angry especially since I never discuss amounts. She has her habits, too. Every time I come home, there's a new flower arrangement, knick knack or piece of decor stuffed in our home. I'll leave her to hers so long as she leaves me to mine.

We still need to hook up at Vitolas or somewhere in Birmingham.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:49 AM 03-17-2012
Originally Posted by lenguamor:

This. :-)

Originally Posted by jluck:
I think it translates to; Time for a larger humidor,coolidor,wineador or.....

Too many cigars= Too few of humidors
And this. :-)
[Reply]
Hem 01:34 AM 03-17-2012
Just make sure you order her something nice and when it shows up in a small box and she thinks its more cigars..have her open it and enjoy a nice gift from you! She'll love it. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up