Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Health and Fitness>Cataract Surgery Part II
ysr_racer 08:49 AM 02-09-2013
In late August of last year I had cataract surgery on my right eye. I was blown away by the results http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=57704& .

For the first time in years I could see again. Not to mention I could drive at night (without glasses)

Well, last Thursday I had the left eye done. Talk about a difference. My right eye was sore for a week, and I had to wear dark glasses for three weeks (even indoors and at night).

Left eye? No pain, and no dark glasses the next day. I've donated all my prescription glasses to the Lions Club, and got a cheap pair of readers from the local drug store.

A slightly different procedure for my left eye. This time I have to put in eye drops for a month. With my right one I was part of a study where they injected the medicine into my eye, and no post-op drops were needed.

It's great to be able to see again, and man, my wife is a dish !!

The only downside is no shooting or smoking for four weeks.
[Reply]
iaMkcK 10:39 AM 02-09-2013
Originally Posted by ysr_racer:
In late August of last year I had cataract surgery on my right eye. I was blown away by the results http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=57704& .

For the first time in years I could see again. Not to mention I could drive at night (without glasses)

Well, last Thursday I had the left eye done. Talk about a difference. My right eye was sore for a week, and I had to wear dark glasses for three weeks (even indoors and at night).

Left eye? No pain, and no dark glasses the next day. I've donated all my prescription glasses to the Lions Club, and got a cheap pair of readers from the local drug store.

A slightly different procedure for my left eye. This time I have to put in eye drops for a month. With my right one I was part of a study where they injected the medicine into my eye, and no post-op drops were needed.

It's great to be able to see again, and man, my wife is a dish !!

The only downside is no shooting or smoking for four weeks.
I want to get the surgery done.. Alas, I'm still far too spooked about the downsides.. There are legions of people who lost all ability to drive at night, and their QOL went to zero quick. Some people even committed suicide from it [I remember reading about a police officer who offed himself too]. I'm glad that everything worked out for you man, I would have been SOOOO scared going in to it!! Haha
[Reply]
bvilchez 02:45 AM 02-10-2013
Any pictures?
[Reply]
qwerty1500 06:07 AM 02-10-2013
I had both eyes done over a year ago. I needed glasses since I was a little boy and was VERY nearsighted. Now, 20-25 in one and 20-30 in the other. Amazing isn't it?
[Reply]
ysr_racer 12:20 PM 02-10-2013
Originally Posted by iaMkcK:
I want to get the surgery done.. Alas, I'm still far too spooked about the downsides.. There are legions of people who lost all ability to drive at night, and their QOL went to zero quick. Some people even committed suicide from it [I remember reading about a police officer who offed himself too]. I'm glad that everything worked out for you man, I would have been SOOOO scared going in to it!! Haha
I guess there are risks with all surgeries, but this one is relatively common these days, and Dr. Feinerman is one of the best in the country.

As far as "legions of people who lost all ability to drive at night, and their QOL went to zero quick" they only do one eye at a time, so I kinda doubt that.

As I said, I went in Thursday, and was fine on Friday. The rewards outweigh the risks BY A TON.

The surgery is quick, painless, and you'll have no memory of it.
[Reply]
hotreds 01:24 PM 02-10-2013
Due to have it done on the 10th of April. @Jarrett: You talking about Lasik? I would think cataract surgery is barely optional: w/o it you're blind!
[Reply]
Up