Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Health and Fitness>Cataract Surgery - WOW what a difference
ysr_racer 05:02 PM 08-23-2012
I had my right eye done this morning. I never realized my den had white walls, I thought they were yellow all this time.

I'm ready to do the left eye TODAY !!!
[Reply]
icehog3 05:10 PM 08-23-2012
Glad it worked well for you.
[Reply]
massphatness 05:15 PM 08-23-2012
Nice - I can relate to the experience somewhat as I had Lasic surgery in 99. Walked in wearing thick coke-bottle glasses. Walked out with better than 20/20 vision. It's as if the Divine Himself reached down, tapped my head and said "See"

Good luck with your newfound oculary joy!
[Reply]
irratebass 07:36 AM 08-24-2012
Very cool Brad, congrats!
[Reply]
BlkDrew 07:56 AM 08-24-2012
my father had both done, a week apart. his glasses were like coke bottles. now he only wears reading glasses.
[Reply]
14holestogie 08:05 AM 08-24-2012
Good for you, Brad, from another satisfied Lasik customer.
Those targets don't stand a chance now. :-)
[Reply]
Big Bert 08:06 AM 08-24-2012
That is great to hear.. :-)
[Reply]
Da Klugs 08:47 AM 08-24-2012
Congrats. Had both eyes done in the past 2 months. Not used to having to wear reading glasses but everything else is 20/20.

THe "happy juice" they give is like a date rape drug, not really under but have no recollection of the procedure.
[Reply]
ArgusP2 03:32 PM 08-24-2012
Glad to hear it went well!
[Reply]
LT_Blueshine 10:46 PM 08-24-2012
I got PRK (the Army's cheaper version of Lasik) last December and despite it being the most painful experience of my life it was worth it.
[Reply]
qwerty1500 07:25 AM 08-25-2012
Had both eyes done last winter. Amazing ... isn't it?
[Reply]
ysr_racer 09:37 AM 08-25-2012
The best way to describe how my vision has improved is with this picture

[Reply]
ysr_racer 12:17 PM 08-26-2012
A few people have asked me about the procedure, so here goes:

• Three days prior to the surgery I started putting in antibiotic drops in my eye, three times a day
• The day of the surgery I put in ten drops to dilate my eye
• Wifey drops me off for surgery at 6:30
• Fill out paper work until 7:00
• Go into pre-op at 7:05
• They put 15 or so more drops in my eye, as well as hook me up to a BP monitor
• They start an IV of Valium and Versed. Valium calms you down, Versed is an amnesiac.
• They wheeled me in at 7:45, and wheeled me out at 8:00
• By 8:15 I was awake and could already see better

You're awake for the whole thing, but you can't remember it because of the Versed.

I remember them turning on the music, and I remember the doctor saying, "Look directly into the light", and that was it.

If your doctor recommends it, go for it.

The worst part is no smoking or shooting for a month.
[Reply]
ysr_racer 07:30 AM 08-31-2012
If anybody is interested, I had Dr. Feinerman in Newport Beach, CA do my surgery.

http://www.feinermanvision.com/

My original eye Dr. was 150 years old, and was starting to scare me. Feinerman is a young guy, that keeps up on the latest techniques, and for some reason all the girls that work in his office are really "cute".
[Reply]
nikolina 08:43 AM 09-11-2012
Did you know that your eye takes 2-4 weeks to heal up from the operation. You will need to take prescribed eye drops during this time. These drops will be given to you upon leaving hospital. Make sure you use them as directed. They are easy to use and the nurse will show you how to put them in or a friend or relative can help.
[Reply]
ysr_racer 08:08 AM 09-14-2012
Originally Posted by nikolina:
Did you know that your eye takes 2-4 weeks to heal up from the operation. You will need to take prescribed eye drops during this time. These drops will be given to you upon leaving hospital. Make sure you use them as directed. They are easy to use and the nurse will show you how to put them in or a friend or relative can help.
nikolina, I'm actually part of a study group that had a drop of medication inserted in my eye, instead of using the drops.

The only downside so far is I have to go in for evaluations twice a week for four weeks. Other than that, so far so good.

As far as 2-4 weeks to heal up from the operation, yep, no smoking or shooting until NEXT weekend. It's killing me !!!
[Reply]
pnoon 08:17 AM 09-14-2012
Originally Posted by ysr_racer:
nikolina, I'm actually part of a study group that had a drop of medication inserted in my eye, instead of using the drops.

The only downside so far is I have to go in for evaluations twice a week for four weeks. Other than that, so far so good.

As far as 2-4 weeks to heal up from the operation, yep, no smoking or shooting until NEXT weekend. It's killing me !!!
I don't think she'll be reading your reply, Chief.
Check out her CUT.
:-)
[Reply]
Up