Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Victory Wild Devil: Review
thesmokeypint 01:35 PM 05-26-2011
Contributor Justin Rigoni takes on Victory Wild Devil!

Reviewed this [week, month, whatever] is Victory’s Wild Devil ale, an even more nefarious twist on their already dangerously hoppy Hop Devil IPA. The only discernable difference with this variation is the introduction of Brettanomyces yeast, a naturally occurring bacteria that imparts the brew with a crisp tartness and shameless sense of attitude. Brettanomyces is the star player in the notoriously idiosyncratic palates of Belgian Gueze and Lambic beers, amongst others. I hope this selection will live up to my lip-puckering expectations, or else be cast back into the fire from whence it came. Errrr, or just the trash bin, I guess.

I found this seedy-looking character in my local store’s selection, bottled in June of 2009. Apparently, a couple of years in the bottle can be a gamble for these IPA/Wild Ale hybrids, but I gave it a try anyway. The floral Beelzebub on the label beckoned to the mischief in me, and dared the other libations in my cart to make room. Of course, I gave in to sinfulness. A little gluttony never hurt, right?

View the full article:http://thesmokeypint.com/2011/05/26/...-devil-review/
[Reply]
pnoon 01:41 PM 05-26-2011
Is there a reason you are not posting the entire review?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
xlc12rf 02:09 PM 05-26-2011
I have comments on the beer, but I'm refusing to visit his site.
[Reply]
OLS 02:12 PM 05-26-2011
There's a couple of these persons around nowadays, they tease you with a piece of a review and point you to
their blog. All I can figure is it's some thing common amongst people who have advertisers to impress,
or monetized blogs of some kind. CLick, click, click. The click is me hanging up usually. I have no time for that
kind of business on MY FORUM. :-) Got any Guayabera's you want to sell me before I ignore you??
But perhaps I am too rash.
[Reply]
OLS 02:18 PM 05-26-2011
Same with the guy that posts the Hi-rez pictures of cigars on a white Background, a couple of lines and a
"visit my blog." I just lose interest as soon as I see that the review is from this person, no insult intended to
whoever it is, but I just don't have time for all that bait and switch BS. Are you a member HERE, or are you
a blog-spammer?
[Reply]
GoatLocker 02:22 PM 05-26-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Is there a reason you are not posting the entire review?
Posted via Mobile Device
I think it's called "Blog Pimping". :-) :-)
[Reply]
T.G 02:24 PM 05-26-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
There's a couple of these persons around nowadays, they tease you with a piece of a review and point you to
their blog. All I can figure is it's some thing common amongst people who have advertisers to impress,
or monetized blogs of some kind. CLick, click, click. The click is me hanging up usually. I have no time for that
kind of business on MY FORUM. :-) Got any Guayabera's you want to sell me before I ignore you??
But perhaps I am too rash.
I don't think you are too rash Brad.

The traffic numbers might impress the advertisers, but the barrage of advertisements don't impress me.

I have no desire to wade through the advertisements and garbage on someone's site to read a review that they are publishing solely for the purpose of generating revenue.

While I won't question the writer's fondness or love of cigars, booze or whatever they are blogging about, their motive is plain as day and it's not the enlightenment and sharing to a community, if it were, they would simply post the review here and all the other sites they spam, but rather, it's their bottom line traffic, which equals dollars and that is achieved by drawing people over to their site.
[Reply]
OLS 02:37 PM 05-26-2011
Hehe, I get just as much mileage out of saying 500 times, " I have no advertisers, look at me! " I will admit that, lol.
[Reply]
poker 03:49 PM 05-26-2011
meh
[Reply]
newcigarz 04:11 PM 05-26-2011
Originally Posted by poker:
meh
I concur.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:41 PM 05-26-2011
Pa-plow!!! :-)
[Reply]