Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>Holey shed. Rats.
Tikihut27 06:45 AM 06-16-2009
Originally Posted by rizzle:
Alright!
I'm NOT moving the gutters around. I am however, writing "In honor of rizzle" on the back of the downspout with a sharpie before reinstallation. :-)
[Reply]
rizzle 08:39 AM 06-16-2009
Cool. I'll even come over and sign it next time I visit my mother in law if you like.
:-):-)

Where you at in Rochester? Anywhere close to Webster?
[Reply]
Tikihut27 02:49 PM 06-16-2009
Pretty close. The other side of the river.
[Reply]
rizzle 08:48 AM 06-17-2009
Irondequoit? I'll PM you next time I'm headed that way.
[Reply]
BlackDog 08:59 AM 06-17-2009
Originally Posted by Tikihut27:
Day 3: Went fishing. Caught a dozen perch. Didn't look back.
Thatta boy. That's how I deal with home projects too. :-)
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 11:28 AM 06-17-2009
Originally Posted by Tikihut27:
I make a third (and possibly a fourth) trip to Home Depot for another little tiny part that I forgot, but without which the project is at a stand-still.
:-)
That's how I stretch my projects out too.
[Reply]
Tikihut27 02:53 PM 06-17-2009
Originally Posted by rizzle:
Irondequoit? I'll PM you next time I'm headed that way.
Greece. Definitely do so!

Day 4: Packed everything up and tarped over the damaged section on account of rain forcasted for Days 4-7. I LOVE Rochester. Raining now so time for a smoke.
[Reply]
Tikihut27 07:53 AM 07-05-2009
Some work done yesterday. I'll finish this eventually.

Squared out damaged area, replaced damaged rafter, installed nailers for patches.

[Reply]
rizzle 08:43 AM 07-05-2009
Heard it was a little chilly up that way yesterday. Prolly good shed working weather. :-)
[Reply]
Tikihut27 05:27 PM 07-21-2009
Godd day today. A little humid, but I had some time to work on the shed again. The tarp I tacked up over the hole really got a workout over the last few months, but I won't need it any more!

The good thing about this being a new shed and a small hole is that I kept the extra building materials, so I didn't need to spend a lot of dough to do this. But I didn't have any 5/8" plywood left over, so I needed to buy a sheet of that to patch with, and I did:

I also needed some flashing, but I had extra Tyvek, roofing felt, shingles, and drip edge.

And none of the siding was damaged so it went right back up. I use screws for almost everything I build, so it's easier to fix when I mess it up, and this came in really handy for this part.

Done! Only took 7 months! Now Mrs. Tikihut wants me to refinish the dining room...

Notice how dark the last pic is. Big T-storm hit minutes after completion. (It was already raining a little bit by the time the siding was finished.) Good weatherproofing test.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 06:06 PM 07-21-2009
You can't even tell it was ever smashed. Good job!
[Reply]
rizzle 09:02 AM 07-22-2009
Nicely done bro.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up