< 12 3 >
General Discussion>Holey shed. Rats.
BigFrank 07:00 PM 02-04-2009
The Gods have spoken...

Build the man den in the tree.
[Reply]
white_s2k 07:04 PM 02-04-2009
That'll buff right out!! :-)

Seriously though, sorry to hear about the shed. It's sweet lookin' :-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 07:42 PM 02-04-2009
Sorry about the damage! Glad it didn't deposit that bad boy through your house. :-)
[Reply]
dunng 07:42 PM 02-04-2009
That sure sucks... On a side note - there are no trees over my man-shed... :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:00 PM 02-04-2009
That sucks man. It shows how impressive mother nature is though. Be glad it was the shed and not your house. Good luck with the repairs.
[Reply]
darb85 08:09 PM 02-04-2009
sorry to hear it!

Just putting it out there, your homeowners insurance will cover that under your other structures coverage, might be one way to go...
[Reply]
rizzle 08:16 PM 02-04-2009
That's what us hillbillies call ventilation.
:-)
[Reply]
Tikihut27 08:51 AM 02-05-2009
Originally Posted by DBall:
I'll come over and help ya rebuild it if we can smoke in there......... :-)
Watch out. I might take you up on that.

Originally Posted by darb85:
Just putting it out there, your homeowners insurance will cover that under your other structures coverage, might be one way to go...
They did. And were very nice about it.
[Reply]
Tikihut27 08:57 AM 02-05-2009
Originally Posted by Cigarcop:
I'm more interested in why the downspout comes down in the center of the siding and not at the corner:-)

Just get some caulk fix it right up:-)
On account of it being a 12' shed and the gutters only came in 10' sections and Home depot was out of the connector pieces, but the downspout piece could be used as one, and I didn't want to leave it for any length of time without gutters, so this is how it ended up and I am just a wee bit defensive about it because I think the same damn thing every time I look at it.

But it is just a shed, after all.
[Reply]
rizzle 09:30 AM 02-05-2009
Originally Posted by Tikihut27:
On account of it being a 12' shed and the gutters only came in 10' sections and Home depot was out of the connector pieces, but the downspout piece could be used as one, and I didn't want to leave it for any length of time without gutters, so this is how it ended up and I am just a wee bit defensive about it because I think the same damn thing every time I look at it.

But it is just a shed, after all.
So why'd you put the downspout in the middle of the wall and not the corner?
:-):-)
[Reply]
Tikihut27 08:53 AM 02-06-2009
Originally Posted by rizzle:
So why'd you put the downspout in the middle of the wall and not the corner?
Cuz I had one 10' piece, one downspout, two endcaps, and one pice cut to bring the whole shebang to 12'. I didn't have a piece to connect the two gutter pieces other than the downspout. The endpieces didn't fit on the downspout, so it couldn't go on the very end anyway, at least without cutting another small section of gutter to use to connect them. So I used the downspout as the connector.

Now I definitely have to redo the gutter. And now it bothers me more than the hole in the damn roof. :-) AAARGH
[Reply]
rizzle 09:02 AM 02-06-2009
Originally Posted by Tikihut27:
Cuz I had one 10' piece, one downspout, two endcaps, and one pice cut to bring the whole shebang to 12'. I didn't have a piece to connect the two gutter pieces other than the downspout. The endpieces didn't fit on the downspout, so it couldn't go on the very end anyway, at least without cutting another small section of gutter to use to connect them. So I used the downspout as the connector.

Now I definitely have to redo the gutter. And now it bothers me more than the hole in the damn roof. :-) AAARGH
If I were you I would redo the gutter.

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Tikihut27 09:28 AM 02-06-2009
:-)
[Reply]
Cigarcop 11:05 AM 02-06-2009
See what I started!!!!
[Reply]
rizzle 11:54 AM 02-06-2009
Originally Posted by Cigarcop:
See what I started!!!!
[Reply]
Tikihut27 06:44 PM 06-13-2009
IMPORTANT SHED UPDATE

I had a free weekend where the weather was right so I have begun to fix my shed. Yes, I know it was damaged six months ago. That's how I roll.

Day 1- We Begin:

Mrs. Tikihut paints/protects the wood underneath the siding in preparation for the cross-hatch installation.

I look at the doorway and ponder steps.

Tomorrow: Steps are finished. Cross-hatch installed. Tear-down of damaged section begins. I make a third (and possibly a fourth) trip to Home Depot for another little tiny part that I forgot, but without which the project is at a stand-still.

Don't miss an episode.
[Reply]
hotreds 06:57 PM 06-13-2009
Good luck! Missed this- glad nobody was hurt! And, at least it was the shed, not the house!
[Reply]
rizzle 12:13 PM 06-15-2009
Alright!
[Reply]
Tikihut27 06:40 AM 06-16-2009
Day 2:

Finished steps using composite decking material. Added cross-hatching to the bottom so Mrs. Tikihut can put in flower gardens at her leisure. (This is NOT my man cave. That's the Florida Room.)

Removed the debris from around the puncture wound and exposed this:

[Reply]
Tikihut27 06:42 AM 06-16-2009
Day 3: Went fishing. Caught a dozen perch. Didn't look back.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up