Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
General Discussion>Blackberry or Iphone
goalie204 03:46 PM 04-02-2009
good info, thanks everyone, i'm strongly leaning towards the BB, are there any things i should know about it before going in, like features it may not have that i may need in business?
[Reply]
LeoM 04:03 PM 04-02-2009
Originally Posted by SilverFox:
Anything that is text heavy

Texting,

Emails

Documents

By far the BBerry

as for surfing capability of multimedia apps then Iphone.

Went to the Iphone when it came out, quickly learned that in my world the touch keypad was a source of extreme frustration so back to my curve.
:-)
[Reply]
floydp 05:21 PM 04-02-2009
Anita and I have the bb curve and really like em. We were leaning towards the Iphone but her LG crapped out before our plan was up and I wasn't going to pay out the tookus to opt out so we went with the Curve's and I gotta tell ya we ain't sorry. We don't use them for business but as I understand from the forums I belong to their quite functional.
[Reply]
ucubed 06:17 PM 04-02-2009
I love my Blackberry curve, however I kind of want the storm, I think the touch screen is great on the Iphone and other phones like it, however there is just something about the BlackBerry that I really really like.
[Reply]
Footbag 06:31 PM 04-02-2009
iPhone firmware 3.0 and the newest models are rumored to be coming out in June. There are a lot of new features that are coming out. The new firmware will have horizontal texting, MMS, Voice recorder, Cut and Paste, and possibly 3G laptop tethering.(Using your phone to give your laptop Internet)

So my vote goes to the iPhone if you couldn't tell.

For business, I use the schedule and E-mail. You can also E-mail yourself PDF's, Excel or Word Docs and view them.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 07:55 PM 04-02-2009
Someone explain why texting is so great on the BB? I have the iPhone and text alot with it????
[Reply]
goalie204 07:59 PM 04-02-2009
OH god, this is tuff.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 08:07 PM 04-02-2009
iPhone :-)
[Reply]
SilverFox 08:37 PM 04-02-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
Someone explain why texting is so great on the BB? I have the iPhone and text alot with it????

I don't think one is better than the other I think it is preference.

Personally I prefer the tactile feel of the buttons on the blackberry vs the Iphone. Nothing more nothing less.

with my jumbo fingers I cannot thumb type at even half the speed on my Iphone that I can on my bberry
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 08:56 PM 04-02-2009
Originally Posted by SilverFox:
I don't think one is better than the other I think it is preference.

Personally I prefer the tactile feel of the buttons on the blackberry vs the Iphone. Nothing more nothing less.

with my jumbo fingers I cannot thumb type at even half the speed on my Iphone that I can on my bberry
that I understand, even the samsung glyde was a little faster to type with but Im getting used to the iPhone, either way the OP can't lose with either choice :-)
[Reply]
King James 09:52 PM 04-02-2009
I think the iphone/ipod touch just take some time to get used to, but physical keyboards do allow for typing a bit quicker
[Reply]
ReggieFSULaw 09:53 PM 04-02-2009
If you are more business-minded, I recommend a blackberry. The email is great. Browser and media player is good too.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 09:56 PM 04-02-2009
Which media player does the blackberry use?
[Reply]
qwerty1500 10:42 PM 04-02-2009
The small buttons on the BB drove me crazy, so I went for the Iphone. Use it for business mostly and couldn't be happier. It does everything I need ... Outlook email, contacts, scheduling and tasks as well as an add-on mileage log application. From what I hear, the new upgrade is just going to make it even better.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 10:46 PM 04-02-2009
For email the iPhone is great!
[Reply]
floydp 11:08 PM 04-02-2009
Which media player does the blackberry use?
A pretty standard one really. Nothing like the Iphone or touch but I don't use it for that anyway. Got my Ipod Classic for music and a Creative Zen Vison M for video. Have to have some justification to have all these gadgets right? Well hell I'm goofing around with one of em all the time. Can't help that I'm such a geek for this chit. :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 11:15 PM 04-02-2009
Originally Posted by floydp:
A pretty standard one really. Nothing like the Iphone or touch but I don't use it for that anyway. Got my Ipod Classic for music and a Creative Zen Vison M for video. Have to have some justification to have all these gadgets right? Well hell I'm goofing around with one of em all the time. Can't help that I'm such a geek for this chit. :-)
:-) you're not alone fratello, tell me about the zen? Is it that good for video? For example the video in my sig the iPhone can't play.
[Reply]
goalie204 05:34 AM 04-03-2009
For email the iPhone is great!
I've read that the iphone doesn't have push email tho. I don't want to be sitting and waiting for an email, to know i have one, or have to check my email program every few minutes..
[Reply]
The Professor 05:55 AM 04-03-2009
Originally Posted by goalie204:
good info, thanks everyone, i'm strongly leaning towards the BB, are there any things i should know about it before going in, like features it may not have that i may need in business?
Here's my take. I got the BB Curve and LOVE it. My wife and I both made the switch about a week ago. IMHO, there are a lot more apps available for it than I ever thought. We even have Shazam now (google it). :-) If money were no object, I probably would have switched to a different carrier and gotten the iPhone; but I prefer to spend as much for 2 phones now as I would have been spending for just the iPhone. That said, I've really fallen for my Curve and use it for almost everything.

In terms of what software is available for your business needs, I'd recommend searching the store and forums at crackberry.com -- it's a very helpful website with a gigantic user community.

Best of luck to you!!!

PS, the push email on BB is rockin'!
[Reply]
longknocker 06:00 AM 04-03-2009
I've had both and definitely like the I-Phone better! Much more user-friendly, IMHO!:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up