Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Sports>NFL. what a difference a year makes
floydpink 06:41 PM 12-28-2008
Hard to believe that a 1-15 team from last year won the AFC East today and a 15-0 team from last year is sitting out.

I understand injuries and all that, but I doubt anyone could have imagined this would be the end result this year.
[Reply]
Yazzie 06:55 PM 12-28-2008
I think Bill Parcells is a genius. The guy is just a great evaluator of both playing and coaching talent.
[Reply]
floydpink 07:38 PM 12-28-2008
Originally Posted by Yazzie:
I think Bill Parcells is a genius. The guy is just a great evaluator of both playing and coaching talent.
no doubt. I knew he's turn the Fins around, just not this quickly...
[Reply]
Made in Dade 07:50 PM 12-28-2008
What a great day to be a Dolphins fan! Before the year I said Miami would win 8 games. I did not expect this. Tony Sparano deserves all the credit.
[Reply]
jaycarla 07:52 PM 12-28-2008
New England missing the playoffs at 11-5, I love it. Great job by Miami.

Dallas blew it and it looks like Denver is about to do the same.

GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
tedrodgerscpa 07:58 PM 12-28-2008
Originally Posted by jaycarla:
New England missing the playoffs at 11-5, I love it. Great job by Miami.

Dallas blew it and it looks like Denver is about to do the same.

GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Colts fans should PRAY that Denver wins the game tonight....

I see that team being much more 'defeatable' than the San Diego Chargers.

Just my :-)
[Reply]
silentjon 05:01 AM 12-29-2008
The Lions will still suck next year though.
[Reply]
MikeyC 06:30 AM 12-29-2008
It's just crazy that an 8-8 team makes the playoffs while an 11-5 team sits for the rest of the year. There hasn't been an 11 win team that didn't make the playoffs since 1985. Plus, the turnaround by the Dolphins is really amazing.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 08:17 AM 12-29-2008
Interesting year of football - Packers too have gone from 13-3 to 6-10.

Of course, the problem is that we don't have Favre. I am so sick and tired of hearing about how the Pack would have done in only we had kept Favre. Every game, the commentators had to talk about Rodgers and Favre. After about three games, it was just ridiculous.

When the number are in at the end of the season, Rodgers had better stats than Favre did - across the board.

The Packers had issues this year, all around. They stunk, but I believe that having Favre in GB would have made any difference.

SO glad this season is over.

Personally, I don't necessarily have a team that I want to win now that it is time for play-offs this year, but it should be fun to watch.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:20 AM 12-29-2008
Originally Posted by silentjon:
The Lions will still suck next year though.
The Lions will suck for a while. It took them about 3 years too long to realize that Matt Millen was an idiot and now it is going to cost them for even longer. :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 08:34 AM 12-29-2008
Crazy year indeed. If someone told me last year that this is how things would turn out, I would have thought he/she were smoking crack. I guess this is why they play the games. There’s still a lot of football to go. I can’t wait to see how it turns out.
[Reply]
Studebaker 11:25 AM 12-29-2008
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Interesting year of football - Packers too have gone from 13-3 to 6-10.

Of course, the problem is that we don't have Favre. I am so sick and tired of hearing about how the Pack would have done in only we had kept Favre. Every game, the commentators had to talk about Rodgers and Favre. After about three games, it was just ridiculous.

When the number are in at the end of the season, Rodgers had better stats than Favre did - across the board.

The Packers had issues this year, all around. They stunk, but I believe that having Favre in GB would have made any difference.

SO glad this season is over.

Personally, I don't necessarily have a team that I want to win now that it is time for play-offs this year, but it should be fun to watch.
I really thought the Pack would do better; so disappointing. I wanted Rodgers to have a successful first season.

But, living in NC, I still have my Panthers to follow into the playoffs! A top seed along with the Giants, Steelers, and Titans, and a first round bye!
[Reply]
Up