Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>C.A.O Maduro L'Anniversaire Belicoso
thecatch83 09:12 AM 03-30-2011
Received this stick from a Brother (thanks Negncic) in my NST few weeks ago. Very nice looking 6x54 box press, smooth wrapper, minimal veins, tight seems. Great smelling cigar, nice sweet earthy barnyard aroma.

First third, very smooth with nice semi-sweet cocoa, coffee, hint of pepper with a long finish. Burn was perfect as was the draw, and the ash held on for a good 2 inches. Good amount of smoke output. So far, the best C.A.O I have smoked!

Midway point, perfect burn, same tasty flavors as the first third. First ash finally fell off, nice long/smooth finish. What a great tasting Maduro!

Last third, and spice and strength kicked up a bit, but nothing too strong. Still great tasting coffee, dark chocolate, and rich earthy tobacco. Burn is excellent, only had to ash it twice, and copious amounts of thick white smoke.

By far the best C.A.O I have ever smoked. I have had several burn issues with previous C.A.O's, and this was a pleasant surprise. By far one of the tastiest Maduro's I have smoked this year, with a total smoke time of over an hour and a half. Easily a 91-92 pointer for you score keepers....and I would definitely smoke one of these again.
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:51 AM 03-30-2011
Great review Ty!! Best CAO you've smoked? You've got to try the CAO MX3. :-) :-)

Just snagged a 5er myself. :-) :-)
[Reply]
kickerb 12:35 PM 03-30-2011
great review, thanks! great pics tooooo!!!
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 03:23 PM 03-30-2011
Great review!
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 04:53 PM 03-30-2011
nice review :-)
[Reply]
thecatch83 10:34 PM 03-30-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Great review Ty!! Best CAO you've smoked? You've got to try the CAO MX3. :-) :-)

Just snagged a 5er myself. :-) :-)
I have a couple Cuban Box Press MX2's in my humi, but I haven't smoked one yet nor have I tried the Triple Maduro......yet
[Reply]
Up