Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Avo LE09 vs LE10
vzontini 10:03 PM 03-25-2011
Prelude: I haven't written many reviews. I smoke a lot of cigars but I'm not an expert.

I tried the Avo Classic and Heritage cigars at an event with Mr. Avo Uvezian in attendance. He even played the piano for us (and is quite good), but back to cigars.

I picked up some LE10's and LE09's and let them rest in the humi for a few months. The Avo LE10 is a 5.5x55 and the LE09 Companero is 6.0x54. Today I decided to taste them head to head.

Here they are side by side:

The LE10 is on the left and the LE09 on the right. Both cigars are very well constructed with nice caps and wrappers.

I started with the LE09 and it was medium bodied, creamy, and smooth. Notes of wood and leather. The finish is clean. The cigar burned evenly and required no touch-ups. Some people said this cigar is full bodied and maybe mine was an exception but it was medium to me.

After a couple hour break I smoked the LE10. It is a bit stronger with a touch of spice. Earthy and again smooth. A hint of pepper through the nose. Again an even burn and no touch-ups. I'd call this one on the full side of medium.

At a price of about $16 a piece, while tasty they are not a good value.

I have several more of each left to try and if my opinion changes I'll update the thread.
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:46 PM 03-25-2011
Nice side by side comparison. :-) I bought a box of the AVO LE10 and was initially disappointed with this stick. After a few months rest, I was very happy that I had purchased a box. :-)
[Reply]
scottdurand 01:50 PM 03-29-2011
I thought the 10 was much better than the 09 for my tastes. I tried the 85th 2011 LE yesterday and also found the 10 to be a much better stick. I will add though, that even with the 2010 being a good smoke a Davidoff Milllenium blend is a much better cigar at the same price.
[Reply]
papajohn67 02:37 PM 03-29-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Nice side by side comparison. :-) I bought a box of the AVO LE10 and was initially disappointed with this stick. After a few months rest, I was very happy that I had purchased a box. :-)
I broke the top of my box on the LE-10's while trying to open it....I'm old an demented. Found it amusing that on the inside of the box they had included instructions on how to open it. :-)

IMHO the LE-09 can go in the dust bin. Have enjoyed the LE-10.
[Reply]
Up