Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Goviado Blue lancero
Cornrow_Wallis 04:35 PM 03-23-2011
Let me preface this by saying that I've never done a review before and I didn't plan to write this one. This review was an after thought, so I didn't take any notes or anything. I also make no real effort to pick out individual flavors while smoking. I'm more of the 'like' or 'dislike' type. All of the above contribute to my lackluster description of flavors.

The lancero sized Goviado Blue has an Ecuadorian wrapper with Nicaraguan binder and filler. While nice looking, it is definitely not the most attractive stick out there. Just below the band was some sort of greenish discoloration that looked like some ink had run off and stained the wrapper in inch long streaks.

I clipped it with a double guillotine and the pre-light draw was perfect. The cigar lit quite easily and from the first few puffs produced an impressive amount of smoke. Through out the 90 minute(ish) smoking time I didn't touch the burn up once, and it required only one relight. The burn became slightly crooked twice but quickly corrected itself each time.

I have a difficult time describing exactly what I taste, but to say the least, it was a very pleasant smoke. It was creamy and delicious. The finish reminded me of a bottled, mocha flavored Starbucks Frappuccino.

My favorite part of any review, the pictures. Sorry I didn't take any action pics. I'm also sorry about the big pictures, I'm resizing them in photobucket, but it's not helping.

I almost hate to try and grade this cigar because I really like most everything I smoke. But I will anyways.

(Rating system jacked from another member's reviews cause I'm not gonna be able to come up with a better one)
Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 9 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 9 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10

I'm going to be sad when I run out of these, as I've read that when they are all sold, they'll have gone the way of the dinosaur.
[Reply]
markem 04:40 PM 03-23-2011
All of Andy's cigars (andymadera is a member here who is an owner of the Goviado and other lines) are in my wheelhouse.

I'm like you, like or dislike. Nuanced flavors are kinda beyond me.
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:22 PM 03-23-2011
Nice review and great pics. :-) :-)
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 08:16 PM 03-23-2011
Thanks for the review...
[Reply]
Up