Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Cain Daytona robusto
Don Fernando 01:18 AM 03-20-2011
Another Cain Daytona review, the third in a row. This time I smoked the Cain Daytona robusto, a 5x50 Cain with ligero from the Jalapa valley in Nicaragua. I smoked the short robusto and the #4 yesterday and the day before, tomorrow I will review the corona, then the torpedo and the double toro.

The latte colored wrapper has a few veins. The construction feels good and I smell a barnyard smell. The predraw is fine and I taste some raisin.

I taste spicy earth with some pepper in the aftertaste, jalapeno pepper with a nice build up. After half an inch I taste wood with spicy herbs and pepper. The flavors are dry and I also taste some toast. The herbs are getting stronger, the flavors are dry and spicy on the back of my throat. After a third I taste more herbs and more toast with a little bit of chocolate on the background. The flavors are spicy and full and the pepper has left the building.

Halfway I also get some citrus, the toast gets stronger and I even taste some caramel with a little bit of dark chocolate on the background. After two thirds I taste a lot of spices and the pepper returns, this is definitely a chili pepper flavor.

I smoked this cigar for an hour and fifteen minutes, but I must say that halfway thru the cigar I got a call from a girlfriend, she was coming over so I smoked faster than usual to finish the review before she came around. The draw is great, but like the burn. The smoke is thick and plentiful. The light colored ash is coarse but firm. This cigar is full flavored and full bodied. Because I smoked faster than normal, I got a little light headed.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes I will

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
[Reply]
emopunker2004 01:33 AM 03-20-2011
all these Cain Daytonas with that sexy orange band....i think i might have to buy 1 or 5

oh and, thanks for the review.
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 06:13 AM 03-20-2011
Another great review...thanks Ferdinand
[Reply]
thebayratt 09:42 AM 03-20-2011
Nice review.
I had the same cigar yesturday. I will be getting a box of either this or the corona.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 08:56 AM 03-23-2011
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
I smoked this cigar for an hour and fifteen minutes, but I must say that halfway thru the cigar I got a call from a girlfriend, she was coming over so I smoked faster than usual to finish the review before she came around...
:-)... Maybe some old girlfriends would call me if I smoked some of these:-)

Thanks for the review Ferdi...

[Reply]
TheStatsGuy 10:29 AM 03-23-2011
Thanks for the review Ferdie, can't wait to try some of these!
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 10:46 AM 03-23-2011
Great review, makes me want them even more... :-)
[Reply]
ArgusP2 12:21 PM 03-23-2011
Fantastic review! My B&M is having a pre-release this Saturday. I was on the fence about going but your review convinced me to check it out!
[Reply]
Aero95 12:50 PM 03-23-2011
I have one in my humidor that I will try this weekend! Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
Up