Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Vengeance Series 93 Toro
MajorCaptSilly 07:31 AM 08-10-2010
I really like the Kristoff line and got a couple of the Vengeance Series 93 Toro in the samplers I purchased. Here's my review:

Oh my God! This is a terrible, awful cigar!! It tasted like it was dipped in kerosene. I haven't had a cigar make me this angry for a very long time. I managed to get to the halfway point then threw it at my shed and scared the neighbor's dog. I am not kidding. This cigar is Cremosa bad. I think I may have included one of these in a bomb or something. If you were the recipient, I am truly sorry and hope you never smoke it.

MCS
[Reply]
bigdix 07:47 AM 08-10-2010
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
I really like the Kristoff line and got a couple of the Vengeance Series 93 Toro in the samplers I purchased. Here's my review:

Oh my God! This is a terrible, awful cigar!! It tasted like it was dipped in kerosene. I haven't had a cigar make me this angry for a very long time. I managed to get to the halfway point then threw it at my shed and scared the neighbor's dog. I am not kidding. This cigar is Cremosa bad. I think I may have included one of these in a bomb or something. If you were the recipient, I am truly sorry and hope you never smoke it.

MCS
Holy crap, I love the raw honesty here. I may never buy a Kristoff cigar based simply on this one post. I'm RUINED!! :-):-):-)
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 08:05 AM 08-10-2010
Originally Posted by bigdix:
Holy crap, I love the raw honesty here. I may never buy a Kristoff cigar based simply on this one post. I'm RUINED!! :-):-):-)
The Kristoffs are very good for me. Totally different cigar.

MCS
[Reply]
the MacDonald 08:08 AM 08-10-2010

MCS
I love the Kristoffs, I was close to grabbing the Vengeance just on the Kristoff name alone. It sounds like I dodged a bullet there, or maybe a dog rocket.
[Reply]
ripper 02:01 PM 08-10-2010

MCS
Weird, isn't it? I agree with the Major Captain.
Kristoff line is wonderful in all phases, especially the yummy maduros. Vengeance lives up to its name - a strange smoke with bitter tinge.
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 02:03 PM 08-10-2010
They were good when they were made by RP.
[Reply]
wayner123 02:49 PM 08-10-2010
Did you mean the 98? or the 93?

I had one last night and I thought it wasn't bad. Not the greatest, but certainly smokeable.
[Reply]
timj219 03:13 PM 08-10-2010
I had a 98 over the weekend. Maybe not worth the $7 or so it usually sells for but not a bad smoke IMO. I got mine in a kristoff/vengeance sampler of 6 for $20 and for that price it was a good cigar.
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 03:51 PM 08-10-2010
Originally Posted by wayner123:
Did you mean the 98? or the 93?

I had one last night and I thought it wasn't bad. Not the greatest, but certainly smokeable.
I didn't have my reading glasses on so it could be a 98? It was quite acrid.

MCS
[Reply]
Salvelinus 04:18 PM 08-10-2010
Thanks for the review. I liked the kristoff maduro and had been interested by these. I still may try... might have just been a bad stick eh?
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 04:31 PM 08-10-2010
Originally Posted by Salvelinus:
Thanks for the review. I liked the kristoff maduro and had been interested by these. I still may try... might have just been a bad stick eh?
It's certainly possible but I get the feeling this one is made to taste like that. Puros Indios comes to mind except even worse.

MCS
[Reply]
timj219 09:23 PM 03-18-2011
I had a chance to try more of these - result of more kriven samplers from famous. I liked my first OK. I liked tonight's even better. The smoke was good and the flavor of the tobacco on my lips was excellent too. I caught myself chewing it as it got short and I kept it in my mouth for awhile even after I let it die out. Kind of windy tonight and maybe that was part of it but it does seem like I get more burn problems with the kristoff/vengeance than with other smokes. I still like the Kristoffs better but this is worth checking out. I would recommend the sampler to anyone. Even if the vengeance doesn't work out for you I bet the kristoff will.
[Reply]
Up