Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 280 of 285
« First < 180230270278279280 281282 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>I had a great cigar today thanks to......
The Poet 03:39 PM 05-03-2020
I just nubbed a RA Club Corona '07 CC from a recent spanking from out friendly neighborhood Icehog, enjoyed on my front porch in 80* weather with an adult beverage (vodka an cranberry in a styrofoam Chick-Fil-A cup, though a random zephyr did blow it over a spill my last few sips onto the step) while listening to Papa Haydn symphonies streamed via Bluetooth from my Dell Inspiron laptop to the JBL Flip 4 speaker I acquired a a bargain price through the internet thanks to a CNet deal alert in my inbox, whilst sitting on an old Kodalux cushion to ease my bony butt a bit, and wearing my NY Yankees cap and one of the Picasso t-shirts (a burgundy one) which I bought at the massive exhibit in 1980 at MOMA in midtown Manhattan, as well as a ratty old pair of New Balance sneakers and the Levi's Signature jeans purchased through Walmart online thanks to a gift card I received from a nephew for Christmas 1999, over some Prana knitwear I normally don in lieu of more standard underwear. All in all, a very enjoyable 45 minutes or so.

TMI? Well, excuuuuse me, but the combination of the Cuban lithium and the alcohol has me even more loopy than is normal for me. Besides, I often get busted for not posting pictures, so I am doing my best to provide you with those thousand words instead. :-)
[Reply]
massphatness 04:29 PM 05-03-2020
Punch Super Finos RE Italia thanks to croatan ... a gorgeous smoke
[Reply]
icehog3 09:26 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by The Poet:
I just nubbed a RA Club Corona '07 CC from a recent spanking from out friendly neighborhood Icehog, enjoyed on my front porch in 80* weather with an adult beverage (vodka an cranberry in a styrofoam Chick-Fil-A cup, though a random zephyr did blow it over a spill my last few sips onto the step) while listening to Papa Haydn symphonies streamed via Bluetooth from my Dell Inspiron laptop to the JBL Flip 4 speaker I acquired a a bargain price through the internet thanks to a CNet deal alert in my inbox, whilst sitting on an old Kodalux cushion to ease my bony butt a bit, and wearing my NY Yankees cap and one of the Picasso t-shirts (a burgundy one) which I bought at the massive exhibit in 1980 at MOMA in midtown Manhattan, as well as a ratty old pair of New Balance sneakers and the Levi's Signature jeans purchased through Walmart online thanks to a gift card I received from a nephew for Christmas 1999, over some Prana knitwear I normally don in lieu of more standard underwear. All in all, a very enjoyable 45 minutes or so.

TMI? Well, excuuuuse me, but the combination of the Cuban lithium and the alcohol has me even more loopy than is normal for me. Besides, I often get busted for not posting pictures, so I am doing my best to provide you with those thousand words instead. :-)
I feel like I was there with you, Thomas. Gee, your hair smells terrific. :-)
[Reply]
Weelok 12:47 AM 05-10-2020
Continuing through my trade with Gomeitsmybday.

601 Blue - fantastic. Maybe even better then the Don Pepin days!!! Holy get them Batman.

601 Red tonight. As good as the DPG for sure. Excellent cigar.

[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 09:05 AM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by Weelok:
Continuing through my trade with Gomeitsmybday.

601 Blue - fantastic. Maybe even better then the Don Pepin days!!! Holy get them Batman.

601 Red tonight. As good as the DPG for sure. Excellent cigar.

Excellent!! So happy to hear you like them both! For quite a while now I've been wanting someone who had smoked the DPG era 601s to compare them to the new 601s. I had heard quality plummeted after the split from DPG, not sure exactly where they were coming out of at that point, maybe La Zona directly? But from this article, it appears they are being made at AJs San Lotano Factory these days.

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/arti...01-brand-19153

Particularly for the price, they are spectacular cigars imo & I highly recommend that folks that used to like DPG 601s reconsider trying the new ones again!

Btw Dave I don't know about you, but the 601 Red reminds me a lot of the RASS. Of course, not completely identical, but it seems to me that if someone was to blend a NC cigar that was inspired by the RASS, the 601 Red would be a worthy attempt!
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 04:11 PM 05-12-2020

BBF thanks to Weelock! I'm a big fan of Bolivar as a brand, consistent & flavorful and imo it shines best in the BF format. I know a lot of folks like the RCs and they are great too, but for my money, BF > RC.
[Reply]
Weelok 11:29 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by gomeitsmybday:

BBF thanks to Weelock! I'm a big fan of Bolivar as a brand, consistent & flavorful and imo it shines best in the BF format. I know a lot of folks like the RCs and they are great too, but for my money, BF > RC.
Glad you enjoyed it and probably my favorite CC although they are all good but the Bolivar’s seem to be pretty consistent year over year in my limited experience with them.
[Reply]
Weelok 10:59 PM 05-20-2020
Another 601 from Gomeitsmybday, the 601 La Bomba Atom.

Ok, last La Bomba I’d smoked was an ICPCR release gifted to me by a cigar shop owner.

This Atom does NOT match my recollection at all. The OR was more of a woodsy Corojo medium body cigar if memory serves me correctly and was unremarkable.

This cigar was full bodied and a little over my head LOL. Wow. This was a strong cigar!!

Definitely pays to revisit cigars.

[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 05:50 AM 05-21-2020
Excellent! I had a feeling you'd like that one, definitely a powerful smoke. However, just to be clear, that one in your photo is a special release, the 601 La Bomba Warhead Maduro...here is a Halfwheel link to that release:

https://halfwheel.com/601-la-bomba-warhead-iv/279221/

Boxes of 10, a bit pricier and harder to come by, but worth it imo! Now, I did also include an original 601 La Bomba blend in your sampler as well (It's probably either a corona or toro) which has the yellow label on the foot and yeah that one has more of a corojo profile so I suspect that's the one you have had before. Will be curious to see what you think of that one as well!! :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:19 AM 05-21-2020

Crusty old RyJ Corona Grande thanks to AdamJoshua! :-)
[Reply]
Weelok 10:48 AM 05-21-2020
Thanks for clearing me up!!! This makes so much more sense, wow.

This cigar was so dramatically different then I recollect but I didn’t think to check on Maduro. The construction was really interesting on the PIF tail fuse hah.

Thanks for letting me try this cigar!!

Excellent! I had a feeling you'd like that one, definitely a powerful smoke. However, just to be clear, that one in your photo is a special release, the 601 La Bomba Warhead Maduro...here is a Halfwheel link to that release:

https://halfwheel.com/601-la-bomba-warhead-iv/279221/

Boxes of 10, a bit pricier and harder to come by, but worth it imo! Now, I did also include an original 601 La Bomba blend in your sampler as well (It's probably either a corona or toro) which has the yellow label on the foot and yeah that one has more of a corojo profile so I suspect that's the one you have had before. Will be curious to see what you think of that one as well!! :-)

[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 07:26 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Weelok:
Thanks for clearing me up!!! This makes so much more sense, wow.

This cigar was so dramatically different then I recollect but I didn’t think to check on Maduro. The construction was really interesting on the PIF tail fuse hah.

Thanks for letting me try this cigar!!
Sure thing! Just glad to see that you've been enjoying the 601s in general, great cigars as of recent!
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 01:34 PM 05-23-2020
Okay my turn!

Blackbird Cigar Co/Cubra Raven - thanks to Weelock for this one! Very rich, but surprisingly smooth for how strong it is, almost no pepper except for a light zing on the finish which is nice! The profile is a little nondescript but despite that, very enjoyable and it burns like a charm, not a single relight or touch up! Thanks again for the tasty stogie Weelock!
[Reply]
Weelok 03:09 AM 05-24-2020
Okay my turn!

Blackbird Cigar Co/Cubra Raven - thanks to Weelock for this one! Very rich, but surprisingly smooth for how strong it is, almost no pepper except for a light zing on the finish which is nice! The profile is a little nondescript but despite that, very enjoyable and it burns like a charm, not a single relight or touch up! Thanks again for the tasty stogie Weelock!
Your welcome!!! Glad you enjoyed it. They are good but not sure I would buy again but I’m happy I tried them and I’m happy you got a chance to try before buying hah.
[Reply]
Weelok 03:16 AM 05-24-2020
From Hippi3Slay3r the first up from his MAW / PIF package he sent me. This is ROTT and as predicted, it never made it to the humidor. The Viaje Satori in a size I’ve never tried. I have smoked two or three boxes of the toro size and this is from the good years of Viaje, I can tell!!!!

Rich, smooth, sweet, pepper, charred cedar, oh my. Honestly a perfect cigar for me and my palate. Viaje just doesn’t make a cigar like this anymore but the new release Oro is as good as any I remember so maybe he is getting things in order.

A wonderful cigar And a rare HTF so thank you very much!!!! This cigar brings back so many memories.

[Reply]
Hippi3Slay3r 03:45 AM 05-24-2020
Glad you enjoyed it. I'll have to head back to the shop I picked it up from if I remember they were still sitting on about a dozen of them plus a few 2018 LE skull and bones and full moons.
[Reply]
massphatness 09:10 AM 05-24-2020
A really nice PSD4 to kick off a relaxing Sunday morning by the fire courtesy of jdakine. Mahalo, my friend!

[Reply]
icehog3 10:21 AM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by massphatness:
A really nice PSD4 to kick off a relaxing Sunday morning by the fire courtesy of jdakine. Mahalo, my friend!

Ditto and all that besides the fire. Mahalo, Jay!
[Reply]
massphatness 12:38 PM 05-24-2020
Great minds and what not ...
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
icehog3 01:35 PM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Great minds and what not ...
Posted via Mobile Device
And great friends from off te mainland! :-)
[Reply]
Page 280 of 285
« First < 180230270278279280 281282 > Last »
Up