Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>Broke for the next 30 years - and loving it!
Skywalker 11:57 AM 09-05-2010
Congratulations!!!:-)
[Reply]
357 08:57 AM 09-07-2010
Congrats on the purchase! I'm sure you and your family will treasure it for generations to come. I will pray that you are always able to make ends meet. I know the Lord always provides, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 09:21 AM 09-07-2010
Sounds Great, Todd! Glad You Decided To Do It, Brother!:-) Thoughts & Prayers Sent For Your Continued Success, Prosperity, & Health!:-)
[Reply]
gvarsity 09:52 AM 09-07-2010
Congratulations! Best of luck to everything.
[Reply]
tchariya 11:06 AM 09-11-2010
Awesome!!!! Sounds like another swell location for a weekend herf! :P
[Reply]
RevSmoke 05:22 PM 09-11-2010
Well, spent a day and a half up there. Ouch! A quick walk through of the mobil home didn't tell me much when we visited the property. I learn a lot in a day and a half.

New rule - even if buying property only for the propery, and the mobile home isn't even figured into the appraisal of the property - do a serious walk-through of the mobile home.

Thankfully, we had a serious rain and I can say that the roof doesn't leak. But, there are other problems - lotsof them.

Let's just say that it is a hunting "shack," just as we'd figured. Only it is about a 1/4 step up from that - there is electricity, runing water w/plumbing, and the ceiling doesn't leak. I've been in worse... but they were intended to be that way.

The up side is that we set up some cameras and we have a place to sleep where we're hunting.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
ahc4353 05:44 PM 09-11-2010
Sounds awesome Todd. Congratulations.
[Reply]
Cigarcop 06:06 PM 09-11-2010
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Well, spent a day and a half up there. Ouch! A quick walk through of the mobil home didn't tell me much when we visited the property. I learn a lot in a day and a half.

New rule - even if buying property only for the propery, and the mobile home isn't even figured into the appraisal of the property - do a serious walk-through of the mobile home.

Thankfully, we had a serious rain and I can say that the roof doesn't leak. But, there are other problems - lotsof them.

Let's just say that it is a hunting "shack," just as we'd figured. Only it is about a 1/4 step up from that - there is electricity, runing water w/plumbing, and the ceiling doesn't leak. I've been in worse... but they were intended to be that way.

The up side is that we set up some cameras and we have a place to sleep where we're hunting.

I've been in worse places during fishing tournaments!!!!

Lets hope its loaded with wildlife for yah:-)
[Reply]
Coach Deg 06:40 PM 09-11-2010
Don't know how I missed this. Congratulations Todd and family!!!! The place sounds awesome!!!! Great investment!!!! You can even rent out when you know the family can't get up there!!! I know guys down here that pay a lot of money to hunt on camps for a weekend!!!
Every house is a lot of work til it is the way you want it!!

Congratulations again!!! And Prayers for many many Happy Years there for you and your family!!!
[Reply]
Chingas 10:20 AM 09-12-2010

This needs to be done...

[Reply]
RevSmoke 07:35 PM 09-14-2010

Originally Posted by Chingas:
This needs to be done...

They are game cameras - hopefully taking pictures of monster bucks this week while nobody is there.

So, you want pictures of the property? Hmmm, let's see.

OK, I got it go to google maps and type in;
n698 Soumi Rd. Ogema, WI
hit the + sign to zoom in 3 times
hit the up arrow to scroll up 3 times

Soumi Rd will be in the middle of the screen (left to right), and going off to the right will be a winding two-track (looks like a road). On the left of that road is a woods with three sections obviosly divided (an over grown Christmas tree plantation). The east edge is about the west edge of my property and it the goes almost to Linden Rd. (scoll right arrow 1x). That driveway is about the dividing line - 40 acres north and south.

Hope that gives some of you an idea. Will try and takes some pictures next time I'm up there. It is about 2hrs 25mins away.

[Reply]
Chingas 09:53 PM 09-14-2010
They are game cameras - hopefully taking pictures of monster bucks this week while nobody is there.

So, you want pictures of the property? Hmmm, let's see.

OK, I got it go to google maps and type in;
n698 Soumi Rd. Ogema, WI
hit the + sign to zoom in 3 times
hit the up arrow to scroll up 3 times

Soumi Rd will be in the middle of the screen (left to right), and going off to the right will be a winding two-track (looks like a road). On the left of that road is a woods with three sections obviosly divided (an over grown Christmas tree plantation). The east edge is about the west edge of my property and it the goes almost to Linden Rd. (scoll right arrow 1x). That driveway is about the dividing line - 40 acres north and south.

Hope that gives some of you an idea. Will try and takes some pictures next time I'm up there. It is about 2hrs 25mins away.

I think your camera pics will be much more satisfying!
That's a lot of land Brother! Best of luck to you!:-)

[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:55 AM 09-16-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:
I think your camera pics will be much more satisfying!

Actually, you need to go north and east a bit to get our property.

Yes, I will get some pictures to post when I am up there next.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 01:59 PM 09-21-2010
[quote=Chingas;989125]I think your camera pics will be much more satisfying!

[quote]

As I said, the shack will need some serious work.

[Reply]
RevSmoke 02:00 PM 09-21-2010
Here is the stream at the closest access - water is a little high. It is going off to the east-northeast here.

And this is off to the south.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 02:04 PM 09-21-2010
Here is a pic of some of the open land, looking north.

And here is another section of open land.
[Reply]
357 02:05 PM 09-21-2010
[quote=RevSmoke;996097][quote=Chingas;989125]I think your camera pics will be much more satisfying!

Originally Posted by :

As I said, the shack will need some serious work.

Looks like a fix-er-upper....sorry Todd I couldn't resist. :-)

In all honesty I envy you. Looks like a great place. Love to see more.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 02:18 PM 09-21-2010
This is the shed/garage.

And no, the first picture isn't the "hunting shack," here is a picture of the mobile home.

I don't know that they're the best pictures, but they are what they are. The last picture shows the back door (to nowhere). The frame around it is spongy, to glass in the window has a crack, there is water damage in the floor near the door, and who knows what else. I am not a carpenter, and I can bohemian-rig stuff, but not very well. So, I covered the whole door - and frame) so that at least it won't get any more wet and maybe the cracks will be sealed against any breeze.

There isn't a window in the place that is in good condition or not jerry-rigged in some $#!t-@$$ way, so that they will definitely leak heat & cold like a sieve.

So, as you can imagine, this could quickly become a sinkhole of cash to get the mobile home up to snuff.
[Reply]
timo 02:21 PM 09-21-2010
Congratulations Todd. I'm really happy and excited for you!
[Reply]
Chingas 06:04 PM 09-21-2010
Rev! Those pictures are beautiful! Best of luck with everything.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up