Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
General Discussion>UPS Rant......
Remo 04:49 PM 08-07-2014
Does anyone here ship anything UPS and if so why? I have someone sending me something that I bought (not here or cigars) USPS could have it here possibly Sat. but Mon. for sure, UPS is Wed. WTF!

Ranting, sorry
[Reply]
longknocker 05:03 PM 08-07-2014
Originally Posted by Remo:
Does anyone here ship anything UPS and if so why? I have someone sending me something that I bought (not here or cigars) USPS could have it here possibly Sat. but Mon. for sure, UPS is Wed. WTF!

Ranting, sorry
Never Had A Problem With Either, Mike. Maybe I'm Just Lucky, There?:-)
[Reply]
equetefue 05:04 PM 08-07-2014
Those unmarked boxes make deliveries hard.
[Reply]
Remo 05:10 PM 08-07-2014
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Never Had A Problem With Either, Mike. Maybe I'm Just Lucky, There?:-)
Not really a problem, just a lot slower than USPS.
[Reply]
longknocker 05:17 PM 08-07-2014
Not really a problem, just a lot slower than USPS.
Sometimes The Shipper "Says" UPS. Starts Out UPS Then Switches To USPS. Cheaper, But Takes Forever!:-)
[Reply]
Remo 05:20 PM 08-07-2014
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Sometimes The Shipper "Says" UPS. Starts Out UPS Then Switches To USPS. Cheaper, But Takes Forever!:-)
I just looked it up, $22 to send UPS to get here on Wednesday, $11 to send USPS to be here Saturday or Monday...I guess I don't understand why someone would use UPS to ship small items. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 05:55 PM 08-07-2014
What sort of small item? If it is, say, liquid or "hazardous" in some way USPS is supposed to refuse acceptance.

Just sayin'.
[Reply]
Remo 06:02 PM 08-07-2014
Originally Posted by The Poet:
What sort of small item? If it is, say, liquid or "hazardous" in some way USPS is supposed to refuse acceptance.

Just sayin'.
Nope, not at all.
[Reply]
icehog3 06:03 PM 08-07-2014
Some people have work accounts with UPS, some have more convienent pick up, and some just prefer UPS. Me, I use USPS exclusively.
[Reply]
Remo 06:09 PM 08-07-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Some people have work accounts with UPS, some have more convienent pick up, and some just prefer UPS. Me, I use USPS exclusively.
I think this is the case.....I am just impatient I guess.
[Reply]
Conch Republican 06:29 PM 08-07-2014
Ya think?:-)
[Reply]
The Poet 06:30 PM 08-07-2014
Well I am old enough to remember times before UPS and Express Mail, when Parcel Post (which adjusted cost in real terms was more expensive) would take weeks. I don't baitch about three-day delivery. :-)

True story. I once worked at a place that shipped out stuff UPS, and my job was taking internet and phone orders, processing, and dealing with customer service. One morning a customer placed a web order, and that afternoon called up screaming that she had not yet received delivery . . . of her yoga meditation pillow. :-)
[Reply]
Remo 06:39 PM 08-07-2014
Originally Posted by Conch Republican:
Ya think?:-)
I need compassion, not mockery......ass!! :-)
[Reply]
EricF 06:50 PM 08-07-2014
I need compassion, not mockery......ass!! :-)
I prefer the mockery!!! :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Remo 07:07 PM 08-07-2014
Originally Posted by EricF:
I prefer the mockery!!! :-) :-) :-)
Maybe i'll send something to you via UPS :-)
[Reply]
Weelok 08:29 PM 08-07-2014
UPS seems to have changed their delivery model to attempt to ship premium delivery times and artificially slows the cheapest rate to attempt to get you to upgrade for a faster delivery.

IMHO USPS is better for cheap and fast
[Reply]
Remo 08:44 PM 08-07-2014
Originally Posted by Weelok:

IMHO USPS is better for cheap and fast
Exactly!
[Reply]
The Poet 09:02 PM 08-07-2014
Cheap and fast, eh? Got her number?
[Reply]
jsnake 10:03 PM 08-07-2014
All shippers have issues. I had a USPS package leave the east coast, arrive in Kansas City (where I live), then shipped to Washington, south to Kentucky, back to the shippers state and finally back to KC. Nothing sucks more then waiting on a package you are excited about.

Recently I had a box coming and didn't know they shipped with a signature required. USPS leaves a note card but it says I have to wait 2 weekdays to pick it up. WTF? I live in a small town and drove around the neighborhood and found the USPS truck. Go figure 2 streets over in a small town and it is a different driver and route. This driver tells me all pacakges have to go back to a main post office before they will be dropped back at the local office.

UPS on the other hand is on my street the same time every day. USPS is always cheaper and faster though.
[Reply]
Remo 10:21 PM 08-07-2014
Pro's and con's to both I guess, just wish it was faster.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up