Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 58 of 159
« First < 848565758 596068108158 > Last »
General Discussion>What are you reading?
MedicCook 01:23 PM 11-23-2010
I finished Vince Flynn's 'Seperation of Power' last night. Have now moved onto the next book in the seres, 'Memorial Day'.
[Reply]
hotreds 02:13 PM 12-04-2010
Rangers at Dieppe: The First Combat Action of U.S. Army Rangers in World War II by Jim Defelice
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 02:26 PM 12-04-2010
Rereading "Omnivore's Dilemma" by Michael Pollan.
[Reply]
yourchoice 07:42 PM 12-08-2010
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Just finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. A great book. Prompted me to reserve The Girl Who Played with Fire at the library. I also put a hold on Foreign Influence by Brad Thor and American Assassin by Vince Flynn.

Since none of those are currently available, I'm picking up A Drink Before the War by Dennis Lehane, tomorrow. Thanks Marianne for the Lehane recommendation (from your best of 2009 list :-)). Well...I guess thanks, as I haven't read one of his novels yet, but loved The Wire (HBO) for which he wrote a few episodes.
Well...the three books I put on hold all came in rather quickly, and I've already finished them.

The Girl Who Played with Fire was exceptional. I'm anxious to read the final installment.
Foreign Influence and American Assassin were also both very good, but reading them back to back could lead to confusion. Scot Harvath and Mitch Rapp are too similar to keep straight! :-) If anyone is the fan of one author, I strongly suggest the other as well.

I now plan to read A Drink Before the War. I don't think I'll have a lot of time to read over the next week though.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 07:58 PM 12-08-2010
Re-reading (from my teen years) "Riders of the Purple Sage" Zane Grey
[Reply]
TheFool 08:21 PM 12-08-2010
Just finished "Crime and Punishment" (for school), "Apology, Crito, and Phaedo of Socrates" and starting "Theaetetus" also by Plato.
[Reply]
hotreds 08:56 PM 12-08-2010
Originally Posted by TheFool:
Just finished "Crime and Punishment" (for school), "Apology, Crito, and Phaedo of Socrates" and starting "Theaetetus" also by Plato.
They lose a lot in translation FYI.
[Reply]
rebelknight 09:01 PM 12-08-2010
Currently reading Predictably Irrational. Can't wait for my finals to be over so I can get back to actually reading it though. I have a huge list of books that I would like to read but I am always open to suggestions.
[Reply]
TheFool 10:27 PM 12-08-2010
Originally Posted by hotreds:
They lose a lot in translation FYI.
Plato's works? Yeah I remember reading two different translations of the cave I Hated the first disagreed with everything it said, but loved the second. But, I gotta deal with what I've got. Not to mention I can't read or speak or read Greek (which I assume they were originally written in), maybe on of these days. . . :-)
[Reply]
jmsremax 06:51 AM 12-09-2010
Just started Keynes: Return of the Master.
[Reply]
Pat1075 07:03 AM 12-09-2010
The Diamond Age by Neil Stephenson
[Reply]
Ranger_B 05:42 PM 12-09-2010
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Rangers at Dieppe: The First Combat Action of U.S. Army Rangers in World War II by Jim Defelice
Great book! One of the first Ranger books my dad sent me after I joined the Army!
[Reply]
Ranger_B 05:44 PM 12-09-2010
Im currently reading: Decorative Fusion Knots: A Step-by-Step Illustrated Guide to New and Unusual Ornamental Knots by J. D. Lensen. I have always liked tying knots but mostly it was because they kept me safe and alive. These are not as useful but sure are pretty!
[Reply]
Starscream 07:10 AM 12-10-2010
Batman: Gotham Knight
[Reply]
mikethegoalie32 01:20 PM 12-10-2010
Moneyball
[Reply]
Bunker 01:26 PM 12-10-2010
I just ordered the Memoirs of Ulysseys S. Grant and the complete works of Mark Twain for my Kindle - both for $.99 ea.

That should keep my busy for awhile.
[Reply]
TheFool 04:07 PM 12-10-2010
Originally Posted by Bunker:
I just ordered the Memoirs of Ulysseys S. Grant and the complete works of Mark Twain for my Kindle - both for $.99 ea.

That should keep my busy for awhile.
Mark Twain is amazing, (so is the kindle), Just watched part of a documentary about him the other night, crazy life from nothing to wildly rich to nothing and back. Also smoke about 40 cigars a day!
[Reply]
Savvy 02:44 AM 12-11-2010
Currently reading George W.'s autobiography "Decision Points." Written in a very interesting style for an autobiography, focusing on the major decisions he made in office and what lead him to make those decisions. It's an interesting read, and truly shows what the reality of Washington politics is. Also, just started Keith Richard's autobiography "Life" enjoying it as well.

Recently just finished "In Search of Pipe Dreams" by Rick Newcombe, a great book on insight into the pipe smokers industry and a lot of focus into high grade manufacturers. I read through it in two days. Was a nice, interesting read. Recommended if you have an interest in that part of our forum here.
[Reply]
Savvy 04:31 PM 12-16-2010
Finished "Decision Points" by George W. Now onto "Life" by Keith Richards.
[Reply]
Mugen910 07:22 AM 12-17-2010
Not sure if I should post this here or in the "What are you listening to" thread but I just finished "City of Thieves" which I very much enjoyed.

I just started an audio book called "Hunger Games"
[Reply]
Page 58 of 159
« First < 848565758 596068108158 > Last »
Up