Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 159 of 199
« First < 59109149157158159 160161169 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
icehog3 08:25 AM 05-11-2023
I had a craving for that Beam "peanut funk" last night so I cracked open a bottle of the most peanut forward Booker's I've tried, Granny's Batch. Pure peanut brittle!

[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:16 PM 05-11-2023
So I said I was done buying bottles for now. Well….stopped by the a store with some friends on our way back from dinner. Talked with the guy behind the counter. Asked if they had Larceny Barrel Proof. “I might.” Sold me the bottle at msrp. It’s good, hoping it gets better now that the bottle is open.
[Reply]
stearns 05:58 AM 05-12-2023
Nice grab! I wasn't a fan of the first release a couple years ago but have heard they've gotten better and better with each release since then. Cask strength wheaters are always a good bet :-)

I usually blow my tri-annual HH release money on Elijah Craig Barrel Proofs, 2022 was a great year for them I'm pretty sure I bought a backup of each. A123 was pretty good but not a standout, I'll be curious to see how the new variable age statement goes
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:31 AM 05-12-2023
Ben, this bottle is C922.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:07 AM 05-12-2023
Stopped in a store that had their private barrel of ECBP. 9 years, 129 proof, $79 but you had to buy another store pick top buy it. Not sure I would have bought in alone at that price, but none of their many picks enticed me enough to consider it. And they had a table full of the ECPB, so I wasn't the only one passing.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 09:47 AM 05-12-2023
Got a text from a friend of mine, actually an old boss. One of his workers at the plant in Louisville has a friend that gets use bourbon barrels on occasion. And sometimes they still contain some liquid. I guess this guy recently got a barrel of 1792 full proof, and was able to bottle 70 L for himself.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 09:58 AM 05-12-2023
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Got a text from a friend of mine, actually an old boss. One of his workers at the plant in Louisville has a friend that gets use bourbon barrels on occasion. And sometimes they still contain some liquid. I guess this guy recently got a barrel of 1792 full proof, and was able to bottle 70 L for himself.
:-)
[Reply]
jledou 10:54 AM 05-12-2023
Wow 70 L would be a little over 93 750ml bottles or almost half full .... maybe someone set that on the back dock a little to early in the dumping process
[Reply]
icehog3 01:01 PM 05-12-2023
Originally Posted by jledou:
Wow 70 L would be a little over 93 750ml bottles or almost half full .... maybe someone set that on the back dock a little to early in the dumping process
Yeah, that is crazy. You sure on that figure, Bob?
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 01:33 PM 05-12-2023
Yup. I asked that myself.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 04:42 PM 05-12-2023
Ok, I had the brand wrong. It was 4 Roses. Here’s the text.

So one of the guys who works for me in Louisville has a friend who delivers used bourbon barrels. He often will get a barrel on his load that will not be completely empty. On Monday, he got a barrel that was almost half full. It was a four roses. He bottled 70 liters of full proof for himself ��
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 07:58 PM 05-12-2023
Ok, I had the brand wrong. It was 4 Roses. Here’s the text.

So one of the guys who works for me in Louisville has a friend who delivers used bourbon barrels. He often will get a barrel on his load that will not be completely empty. On Monday, he got a barrel that was almost half full. It was a four roses. He bottled 70 liters of full proof for himself ��
I still say :-)

[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:24 AM 05-13-2023
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
I still say :-)

Agreed!

Yesterday’s acquisition and subsequent pour. Delicious. Very much vanilla on the nose. Carries over to the taste, where I also got small hints of chocolate covered cherries, even once what I thought was butterscotch. The burn hits you right at the back of the throat, in a good way.
Attached: IMG_0499.jpg (10.7 KB) 
[Reply]
icehog3 08:50 AM 05-13-2023
Corsets, Whips and Whiskey? Bourbon for the B&D enthusiast, Bob? :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:54 AM 05-13-2023
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Corsets, Whips and Whiskey? Bourbon for the B&D enthusiast, Bob? :-)
I’m not saying. :-)

It’s named after what used to be produced in the building now housing the distillery. It’s a 100% wheat whiskey.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:00 AM 05-13-2023
I’m not saying. :-)

It’s named after what used to be produced in the building now housing the distillery. It’s a 100% wheat whiskey.
Well, whip it. Whip it good. :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 09:05 AM 05-13-2023
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Well, whip it. Whip it good. :-)
Who said that? I can’t see you. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:07 AM 05-13-2023
Who said that? I can’t see you. :-)
[Reply]
G G 06:22 PM 05-13-2023
I aint much of a bourbon drinker. I have tried some Makers Mark and a couple other somewhat better brands. I figured I would tell a story real quick and it's not about bourbon, but here goes. My Dad was born and raised in a little town just over the Georgia line called St. George. It's in that part of Georgia that dips down into Florida that we call the Georgia Bend. In the late 50s early 60s there wasn't much to do for work and Dad's family was very poor so he turned to making the product that NE Florida and SE Georgia was pretty well known for, Moonshine. So he was working across the Florida line in Nassau County making shine one day when he became aware that a revenue man was sneaking up to catch him. So he somehow splashed some of the product on him while readying to run, and the burner he was using caught it on fire. He didn't know it at first, and he ran away from the little branch he was on. He got some ways away and realized he was on fire. The shine burns a very dim blue so it's not easy to see. He had to turn back and run back past the revenue man to jump in the branch to put the fire out. He was caught and sentenced to 5 years. He was 16 years old and sent to Raiford Prison, where death row is at. he did a couple years there and was transferred to Appalachiacola where he served out his sentence. Shine aint bourbon but there are people still making it and it's good when it's good and very bad when it's bad. Dad can swirl it in a mason jar and tell you what proof it is just by looking at the bubbles.
[Reply]
Brian D. 06:00 AM 05-14-2023
I like your story, GG. I'm sure nobody here objects. After all, they let me post up about which gas station I got my tumbler filled at, in the thread about fancy coffee. :-)
[Reply]
Page 159 of 199
« First < 59109149157158159 160161169 > Last »
Up