Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Thank you, 4WheelVFR
markem 01:15 PM 12-11-2019
In the troop support auction, I was fortunate to win pumpkin bread that Ray makes. Over the top good. He also sent me a fiver of cigars.

No one will believe this.

He sent me a The King is Dead Small Batch (Sleeping Beauty, I think). Very very beautiful cigar. The pre-light was strong and full bodied. Did I mention strong?

The cigar has an amazing flavor. It isn't complex but it also isn't simple. A nice sweetness. The reviews claim pepper, but I didn't find any. I was so impressed that I smoked it like a CC, retrohaling every puff and felt sad when it was over.

Thank you, Ray. Now I need to buy a box or two of these. Simply amazing. Right up there with Short Stories for about the best NC that I have ever had.

Never thought that a Dominican puro could be so good. I'm sold.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:58 PM 12-11-2019
First off, Ray is about as generous as they get. Glad you were the "victim" of this one.

I recently have tried a few of the Caldwell cigars... Long Live the King, The King is Dead, Eastern Standard among them. I really was impressed with each, especially the LLtK. I plan to order a sampler or 2.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 02:40 PM 12-11-2019
Nice hit on a okish guy :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 07:16 PM 12-11-2019
Nice hit, Ray!
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 08:01 PM 12-11-2019
Mark, that's awesome you enjoyed it so much. I've had 5 or 10 of these resting in my humi for 6 mo to a year I think, so they might've had time to smooth out some of the pepper. I think I know what I'm getting ready to smoke tonight.
As for the pumpkin bread, I can't take the credit for how good it is. That is my Grandma's recipe, which is a pretty simple recipe actually......but oh so good lol.
[Reply]
Up