Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Club Macanudo In New York City
LPFerrante 07:53 AM 11-27-2019
I just wanted to put out for any NYC local members here.

In January 2020, I'd like to do a locker share at Club Macanudo in NYC.

The yearly fee is $1,500. It would be $750 a piece. This waives there $20 cutting fee and $20 order minimum. And they give a 10% discount on food and drinks.

If you know of any BOTL or SOTL, I'd be grateful and send the stick of your choice to you.

Wishes for a smokey and happy Thanksgiving.
[Reply]
The Poet 08:10 AM 11-27-2019
Good luck finding a "partner" for this. I was there once, many years back, for a holiday herf with some internet friends. Nice place, but a bit snooty for a poor country boy like me. :-)
[Reply]
LPFerrante 08:20 AM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Good luck finding a "partner" for this. I was there once, many years back, for a holiday herf with some internet friends. Nice place, but a bit snooty for a poor country boy like me. :-)
I've been there several times, and I didn't get that vibe at all. In fact, a few times they waived the cutting fee.

I may end up just pulling the trigger myself to lock in. The manager there told me if I find someone after, he'd update my membership.

Thanks for your feedback.

Are you around NYC?
[Reply]
The Poet 08:32 AM 11-27-2019
Not any more. I lived in Madison NJ for 40 years, which is about 25 miles due west of Central Park as the crow flies. Worked in Midtown for several years too, mainly for Ermenegildo Zegna when they were based in 9 West. So hanging around with those Italians in that neighborhood . . . well, I learned what "snooty" is. :-)

And the staff at the Club was friendly and helpful, but any place that denies entrance to A-Rod because he is wearing sneakers has some snooty tendencies. :-)
[Reply]
LPFerrante 09:03 AM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Not any more. I lived in Madison NJ for 40 years, which is about 25 miles due west of Central Park as the crow flies. Worked in Midtown for several years too, mainly for Ermenegildo Zegna when they were based in 9 West. So hanging around with those Italians in that neighborhood . . . well, I learned what "snooty" is. :-)

And the staff at the Club was friendly and helpful, but any place that denies entrance to A-Rod because he is wearing sneakers has some snooty tendencies. :-)
At Zenga, my Landsmann (to mix languages) were snooty? I guess that's why I only buy Canali. :-) On A-rod, if everyone else is adhering to the code, and he is not, then his being allowed access would be because of the entitlement that comes from his ability and celebrity. I would think that would be snooty? Orother P.O.V could be the fact they turn him away shows they are snooty because of his celebrity. They, "I'll show you" P.O.V.

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”
[Reply]
The Poet 10:13 AM 11-27-2019
Most of the folks at Zegna, employees and customers, were both nice and grounded. Yet some most definitely held high opinions of themselves. For instance, young (then) Gildo Zegna, grandson of founder Count Zegna, seemingly thought his waste products had no odor. And buyers like Fred Hayman of Giorgio's or Bijan were total rectums.
[Reply]
kgoings 01:14 PM 11-27-2019
Ive looked at lockers before at different clubs, but the RH always seems way to high for my tastes.
[Reply]
Up