Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Reviews>c & d 's best tobacco ?
Slow Triathlete 07:55 AM 10-28-2010
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Back Porch (yours truly came up with the initial blend idea).

Another one of my favorites...I haven't had it in a while so it slipped my mind.

That's cool Rev about helping come up with it. I really like it because the burley just evens out the rough edges that can sometimes be found in true VaPers.

I'm actually heading up I-95 this evening and I'm going to stop in at JRs and grab a few tins of this.
[Reply]
OLS 08:18 AM 11-08-2010
I like Bow-Legged Bear and Junkyard Dog, bu Ol' Joe Krantz is the Shizzle..
[Reply]
gijoey959 12:53 PM 11-20-2010
Anyone know where to find C&D online somewhere with decent shipping costs? I found a few sites, but the shipping is around $9 at its cheapest and I can't afford enough tins to make it worth while

Really interested in trying a few of the blends, back porch especially :-) it sounds awesome based on a few descriptions I've read
[Reply]
Curly Cut 03:09 PM 11-20-2010
smokingpipes.com
if you order enough, shipping is free.
[Reply]
hammondc 07:21 AM 12-02-2010
Originally Posted by gijoey959:
Anyone know where to find C&D online somewhere with decent shipping costs? I found a few sites, but the shipping is around $9 at its cheapest and I can't afford enough tins to make it worth while

Really interested in trying a few of the blends, back porch especially :-) it sounds awesome based on a few descriptions I've read
Why not call Cornell & Diehl and have them ship it direct from them. Thats what I do. SUPER nice folks. Shipping is usually pretty cheap as they do actual cost + $2. 5 think it usually ends up around $7. They have a great 5 blend sampler for like $30.
[Reply]
R.J. 11:08 AM 12-28-2010
I love C&D and 3 of their blends make up the backbone of my regualr rotation.

Old Joe Krantz; Very strong dark burley, red VA and heavy perique. This is a great satisfier that I'd think anyone with even a passing interest in cigars would enjoy. Very bold and strong like a full cigar and enough oomph in the last 3rd of the bowl to make even the most degenerate nic fiend feel it.

Night Train: A really nice VABurPer. Heavy in bright VA and has a super sweet (naturally) flavor with plenty of strength to satisfy. Comes in a cool pressed cake that is fun to work with. And hey I see above Slow Triathlete digs it and he's smoked about every VaPer out there!

Star of the East: 50% Latikia 50% VA. I see this as a working mans English blend. To me it smoke like some of the GLP blends. Maybe a tad more rough around the edges. But I crave it and it makes my mouth water.

I order all my C&D by the pound from smokingpipes. They have the lowest per pound price I've found, including direct from C&D. I think last I checked they were at 28 bucks a pound.
[Reply]
Cornrow_Wallis 01:06 PM 12-28-2010
I'm just getting back into smoking pipes after trying my hand at it around a year ago. I ordered a sampler directly from C&D to start up again and they were great to deal with. Very good customer service.

About to smoke my first bowl of Habana Daydream as a matter of fact. :-)
[Reply]
jdawg 09:00 AM 02-03-2011
Originally Posted by Cornrow_Wallis:
About to smoke my first bowl of Habana Daydream as a matter of fact. :-)
I'd be interested in hearing your opinion on that one.
[Reply]
jdawg 09:01 AM 02-03-2011
I really like Tuskegee Airmen. Good stuff!
[Reply]
TheRuckus13 09:37 PM 02-04-2011
The only C&D blend I have had is Billy Budd and I really really enjoy it. I wish I had more of it, but I need to finish this one pound bag of Squadron Leader before I buy anything else.
[Reply]
alfredo_buscatti 04:26 AM 03-28-2011
C&D makes so many blends that I think your question needs qualification: about which tobacco genre are you enquiring?
[Reply]
keith_mahoney 02:14 PM 05-03-2012
Ok with the sale going on C&D products at pipesandcigars does anyone have anything else to add to this list after a year of reflection?
[Reply]
DaBear 03:42 PM 05-03-2012
I'll reiterate Bayou Morning Flake. Haven't tried many C&D blends, but Bayou Morning Flake really hits the spot for me when I want a VaPer that accentuates the spicyness of the perique
[Reply]
mariogolbee 03:49 PM 05-03-2012
I can add Pirate Kake, First Responders, and Blue Cow.
[Reply]
keith_mahoney 10:03 PM 05-03-2012
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
I can add Pirate Kake, First Responders, and Blue Cow.
Cool I was planning on getting Pirate Kake because my 2 favorite toby's both have Latakia in them and First Responders because I am one. I'll look into what Blue Cow is.
[Reply]
keith_mahoney 10:10 PM 05-03-2012
Originally Posted by DaBear:
I'll reiterate Bayou Morning Flake. Haven't tried many C&D blends, but Bayou Morning Flake really hits the spot for me when I want a VaPer that accentuates the spicyness of the perique
This looks good as well. I have plenty of VaPers right now but really like them (although only in the first half of the day) so I will pick up a tin of this for my vacation in August.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 11:35 PM 05-03-2012
Originally Posted by keith_mahoney:
Cool I was planning on getting Pirate Kake because my 2 favorite toby's both have Latakia in them and First Responders because I am one. I'll look into what Blue Cow is.
Oops! Purple Cow, my bad. It has BurVaLat and maduro cigar wrapper.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 07:32 AM 01-08-2013
Originally Posted by Slow Triathlete:
Another one of my favorites...I haven't had it in a while so it slipped my mind.

That's cool Rev about helping come up with it. I really like it because the burley just evens out the rough edges that can sometimes be found in true VaPers.

I'm actually heading up I-95 this evening and I'm going to stop in at JRs and grab a few tins of this.
(Just read this again - and a thought struck me)

Originally, there was no burley in it. In fact, I like it better without the burley. So, your comment is intriguing.

Interestingly, this blend was an accident. I had originally ordered 4 oz each of their military history blends #456 Winchester, #457 Yorktown, and #458 Poplar Camp. After 3 bowls of each, none of them really spiked my interest. So, I weighed out equal portions of each, put it in a big mixing bowl, throughly mixed it together, and put it into another mason jar. WOW!!! Loved it! I did the same with what remained. Even ordered another 1/2 pound of each and did it again.

When I was on the Yahoo Pipe Smoker's Club, I suggested it as one of our blends. I even sent samples to a few guys who concurred. Bob Runowski got a hold of it though and added the burley - Bob cannot do anything without leaving well enough alone and adding too much burley. In this case, even though the burley is done with a light hand, it isn't the same. I do not order Back Porch anymore. I will however order the 3 other blends and make my own - as it was intended by Todd to be smoked. :-)

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:23 PM 03-22-2013
Purple Cow has me interested. I've liked most of the Cornell tobaccos I've smoked recently.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up