Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 270
« First < 456 781656106 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
Smokin Gator 05:50 PM 11-08-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
You must spend an ungodly amount on meat, Brent. :-)
Way less than many of you spend on sticks:-) Sam's is my friend.
[Reply]
tuxpuff 01:58 PM 12-21-2009
Cornish game hens. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic.

[Reply]
Opusfxd 09:53 PM 12-21-2009
No pics, but just got done knocking off a batch of moink balls for a pot luck tomorrow.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 04:53 AM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by Opusfxd:
No pics, but just got done knocking off a batch of moink balls for a pot luck tomorrow.
What are those?
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 04:54 AM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by tuxpuff:
Cornish game hens. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic.

Those look like some tasty little yardbirds!
[Reply]
tuxpuff 11:23 AM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
What are those?
I've never heard of them either...apparently it's moo+oink (cow+pork)...meatballs wrapped in bacon. They sure do look daaaayum good!

[Reply]
T.G 11:35 AM 12-22-2009
I've never heard of them either...apparently it's moo+oink (cow+pork)...meatballs wrapped in bacon. They sure do look daaaayum good!

DO WANT! :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 12:24 PM 12-22-2009

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN I want this for lunch!
[Reply]
MadAl 04:22 PM 12-22-2009
In my smoker? SNOW! :-)
[Reply]
LooseCard 12:42 PM 01-04-2010
Originally Posted by MadAl:
In my smoker? SNOW! :-)
Here too. :-)

Although, I've got a tupper of Pulled Pork in the Freezer that my get thawed this week......
[Reply]
marge796 01:01 PM 01-04-2010
I tried to do 4 slabs of baby backs this past Saturday and failed miserably. The frigid temps with the high winds killed any attempts I made. I did wrap them in tin foil and finished them in the oven still pretty tastee. Pain in the arse in my neck of the woods this time of the year to smoke meat.
[Reply]
T.G 02:10 PM 01-04-2010
Between the rain, wierd schedules and being sick, I haven't really done anything on the grill or smoker in a long time. Seems like whenever I had a break and could have done something, it was freaking raining... :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:19 AM 01-06-2010
Originally Posted by marge796:
I tried to do 4 slabs of baby backs this past Saturday and failed miserably. The frigid temps with the high winds killed any attempts I made. I did wrap them in tin foil and finished them in the oven still pretty tastee. Pain in the arse in my neck of the woods this time of the year to smoke meat.

Ah man, that sucks. What kind of smoker are you using? My WSM works in any weather, but my barrel smoker was not as accomodating.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:49 AM 01-08-2010
Just got 15 lbs of pecan shells from Texas to mix in the the charcoal. Friggin' outstanding! Just an amazing smoke to cook with and I recommend all ya all to pick up some!
[Reply]
kugie 07:57 AM 01-08-2010

Those look like little bites of heaven that have been dipped in love.:-):-)
[Reply]
T.G 08:14 AM 01-08-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Just got 15 lbs of pecan shells from Texas to mix in the the charcoal. Friggin' outstanding! Just an amazing smoke to cook with and I recommend all ya all to pick up some!
I've thought about doing that with almond shells, but never really bothered.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:36 AM 01-08-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
I've thought about doing that with almond shells, but never really bothered.
Go for it! Not many nuts are easily available in New England for me except for Chestnuts, and even those are usually imported at the supermarket. It took a lot research to find a place that sells pecan shells.

I could see that with MiddleEastern or Indian food perhaps?

I throw in cinamon sticks all the time and that works well.
[Reply]
krevo 12:25 PM 01-08-2010
I smoked a nice size standing rib roast last night. Heavenly.
[Reply]
Mr B 02:57 PM 01-09-2010
I got a BIG Pork Shoulder rubbed and loved, just waitin' to go in the smoker. I will probably put it on around 9pm tonight and let it go all night.

I will try to remember to take pics this time.

mmmmmmmmmmmm pulled pork
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:56 AM 01-10-2010
I smoked a 2.5 lb eye roast and half a chicken. It was 20 out and I had the WSM cranked with no water and never got out of smoke range!

Diggin' those pecan shells. Next time I want to soak the shells and see how it is different.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 270
« First < 456 781656106 > Last »
Up