Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Discussion>Recommend some Baccy to me
The camaro show 04:55 PM 05-08-2019
So I’ve been piping for a little now with my cob and have the hang of it I feel like. I have 3 blends that were sent to me cao toasted, stonehaven, g&b gold flake which all I can pipe but I don’t absolutely love them all the time. I want to try some different ones to find my thing. Kinda want to try aromatics maybe fruity? So what’s some good ones to try?
[Reply]
icehog3 06:06 PM 05-08-2019
Mac Baren Gold of Denmark

Samuel Gawith 2014 Limited Edition

Balkan Sobranie

MacBaren's Plumcake

Sail Black Cavendish
[Reply]
The camaro show 06:21 PM 05-08-2019
Thanks Tom!
[Reply]
markem 06:22 PM 05-08-2019
My experience with pipes may differ substantially from yours.

My local tobacco shop is more than willing to let me come in and try a pinch of a tobacco. This has served me well since some tobaccos with a "cherry flavor" are fine for me while others are not. Your mileage may vary. btw, I do not like cherry flavor. I look for bourbon, mostly.

My advice is to push the local resources to the extreme since they are more likely to be flexible with you, and, if you find something you like, buying local is always a good way to go. DO NOT PISS OFF THE LOCALS.

I wish you luck. I have found a few pipe tobaccos that I really like, but I do not talk about them much because almost all my smoking friends are into cigars. We have some really good purveyors of pipe tobacco here; let me know if you want some phone numbers.
[Reply]
Brian D. 07:17 PM 05-08-2019
The shops around here will usually let you sample a bowl of something new to you, before purchase, as markem said. Be a loyal customer, they'll treat you as such.
[Reply]
The camaro show 08:28 PM 05-08-2019
Must be nice to have nice tobacco shops. I’m about 99% my shop does not do that as it’s more a cheap cigarette and beer world and head shop type place. Their walk in humidor is pretty nice honestly though but they keep it at 74 rh. They have one small wall of pipe tobacco I’ve never looked that hard but it’s all run of the mill stuff like captain black and all closed up pouches and bags so no house blends or anything. Unfortunately that’s the only store in town sells cigars and pipe tobacco. The staff also isn’t very knowledgeable.
[Reply]
The camaro show 04:47 PM 06-23-2019
I’ve slowly been getting more and more into pipes these last few months and can say I got the hang of it pretty good now!
[Reply]
RevSmoke 08:59 AM 06-24-2019
Excellent blends thich I keep in stock.
Samuel Gawith: Full Virginia Flake, St. James Flake
Gawith & Hoggarth: Louisiana Flake, Bright CR Flake, Cherry Cream Flake
Dan: Hamborger Veermaster
Escudo
Astley's 109

Of course, there are other blends that are very good, but a bit more economical, you can get a few Peter Stokkebye blends in 24 oz packages for reasonable prices, but there are only a few that I'd suggest. Luxury Navy Flake, Luxury Bullseye Flake, and to a lesser extent Luxury Twist Flake.
[Reply]
rharris 11:17 AM 06-24-2019
If you like cherry, Try the following
Cult blood red moon.
Lane Dark Red- Dark red is one of my absolute favorite aromatics

The Villager blends are very good too
New world export
Original Export
These are both awesome and are very inexpensive in pouches.
The tropical export is decent as well and has a coconut type flavor.

Any of the Boswell aromatics are also great.
Boswells best
Blackjack
Christmas Cookie
Berry Cobbler
These are all awesome.
[Reply]
The camaro show 09:20 PM 07-05-2019
Thank you
[Reply]
cigarmonkel 01:40 PM 07-08-2019
What blends are you liking so far?
[Reply]
Curly Cut 10:30 AM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by The camaro show:
I want to try some different ones to find my thing. Kinda want to try aromatics maybe fruity? So what’s some good ones to try?
fruity ones? i dunno. when i was a noob i grabbed some from the local shop called "peach cobbler".

if you want something with quality tobacco that won't gunk up your pipe with all the gooey toppings, look toward Gawith & Hoggarth's blends, like Bosun Cut Plug or Coniston cut Plug, or Dark Flake Scented (pretty strong in nicotine as well).
[Reply]
Up