Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar Preferences
icehog3 09:44 AM 05-25-2011
I likes 'em all. I smokes to the finish, 'cause I eats me spinach, I'm Popeye the Sailor Man.
[Reply]
Apoco 10:12 AM 05-25-2011
It's not the size of the boat...it's the motion of the ocean

(I don't make a conscious decision based on RG/length. I just reach for what I want - and my collection spans the gambit :-))
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 10:22 AM 05-25-2011
I like the Toro & Torpedo size... :-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 10:25 AM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by Apoco:
It's not the size of the boat...it's the motion of the ocean

(I don't make a conscious decision based on girth/length. I just reach for what I want - and my collection spans the gambit :-))
Posted via Mobile Device
If we weren't talking about cigars, that would sound pretty slutty.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 11:16 AM 05-25-2011
Time may affect my decision, but normally I smoke what I want to based upon what flavors and/or aroma I am looking to enjoy.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
NoahBDH 11:22 AM 05-25-2011
I have to go by flavor first. and usually stick to a belicoso or a robusto. But ill go with any size if its the flavor i want
[Reply]
OLS 11:55 AM 05-25-2011
My favorite size is corona.
[Reply]
kuzi16 08:45 PM 05-25-2011
i have no idea what i want to smoke before i open one of the humidors.

whatever looks good.

in general i like cigars that are longer and thinner. my ideal shape is a lonesdale-ish. 6.75 x 45 would be about right. I also like figurado shapes given the complexity they provide. i go for a med-full smoke more often than not but the strength does not influence the decision too much.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 08:53 PM 05-25-2011
I'll smoke anything 50rg and under. Sometimes a 52rg and very, very rarely anything larger. I prefer any vitola 38-42rg.

I never pre-plan what I'll smoke, just whatever jumps out at me when I look for one. And as the Rev mentioned, time can be a factor.
[Reply]
akumushi 08:57 PM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I likes 'em all. I smokes to the finish, 'cause I eats me spinach, I'm Popeye the Sailor Man.
I want Tom's life:-)
[Reply]
Bill86 09:03 PM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
I'll smoke anything 50rg and under. Sometimes a 52rg and very, very rarely anything larger. I prefer any vitola 38-42rg.

I never pre-plan what I'll smoke, just whatever jumps out at me when I look for one. And as the Rev mentioned, time can be a factor.
DING DING DING WINNER! I couldn't have said it better. :-)
[Reply]
gbum 09:07 PM 05-25-2011
rg over length ,50 rg and above...
but
price make me go for corona... :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 12:13 AM 05-26-2011
Originally Posted by akumushi:
I want Tom's life:-)
Nuts, Clayton, at first I thought you said "I want Ton's wife". My reply was "SOLD!!". :-)
[Reply]
alfredo_buscatti 03:09 AM 05-28-2011
I'm gravitating toward the smaller ring sizes as I keep hearing that they have a better flavor. I ordered the Tatuaje Brown Label Especiales yesterday.

Time doesn't play a factor for me as I only smoke when I have the time to finish a bigger cigar, but even here I draw the line at a 54 ring, for the same reason as above.
[Reply]
smokepuff 08:22 AM 05-28-2011
Well my only preference is for tobacco to taste like tobacco, not some cheap perfume, kool-aid or other crap. :-)

As for size I love the corona size smokes.
[Reply]
big a 08:56 AM 05-28-2011
Neither really matter to me, I am on a smoke time preference. I go for cigars I can smoke in 1.5 hours or less. Depending how much time I have makes the decision of the cigar I smoke that day.
[Reply]
piperman 02:22 PM 05-28-2011
I like Churchills, they last the whole movie.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 02:28 PM 05-28-2011
For me, its all about the flavor profile. It 100% dictates what type of cigar I will choose to smoke. My mood regarding flavors and taste changes day to day so I make my choice based on that.

Length and RG don't come into play when deciding what to smoke on a particular day. I don't light up a cigar if I don't have time to sit and enjoy it. Purchasing however is a whole different story. RG is definitely a factor in that arena.
[Reply]
Ervsuperb 06:31 PM 05-28-2011
Originally Posted by akumushi:
I don't seperate the two in my decision making, they are equally important parts of a two step process.
Step One: How long do I have to smoke? This determines the length of the cigar I will choose.
Step Two: What kind of flavor profile am I in the mood for?
This determines both the ring gauge/shape and the marca of the cigar I will choose.

This...
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up