Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: Are they changing the cellos?
Wait for the people in white to pick you up. 21 37.50%
It's happening but the don't want you to notice. 9 16.07%
My cigars don't come in cello. 26 46.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Change in Cello
jwillm 07:45 AM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Wait.... your Cuban's have cello on them?
No...I don't care for CCs, so I don't get them often. But I know the majority of the folks here do, so I was just asking. But now that you mentioned it, I can't think of a single CC I've had with cello. Please excuse my ignorance. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:46 AM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by jwillm:
No...I don't care for CCs, so I don't get them often. But I know the majority of the folks here do, so I was just asking. But now that you mentioned it, I can't think of a single CC I've had with cello. Please excuse my ignorance. :-)
Ok. I was going to say that if your Cuban's had cello on them, then you need to PM me because you are getting fakes. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 07:49 AM 05-25-2011
Ok. I was going to say that if your Cuban's had cello on them, then you need to PM me because you are getting fakes. :-)
Really?
That is totally wrong, Dan.
[Reply]
wayner123 07:53 AM 05-25-2011

Some Cubans do have cello. Just for clarification. Also some shops in the UK put cello on the Cubans sold as singles.
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:55 AM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Really?
That is totally wrong, Dan.
Originally Posted by wayner123:
Some Cubans do have cello. Just for clarification. Also some shops in the UK put cello on the Cubans sold as singles.
Which current production cigars have cello on them?
[Reply]
pnoon 07:57 AM 05-25-2011
Which current production cigars have cello on them?
La Flor de Cano immediately comes to mind
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:58 AM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:
La Flor de Cano immediately comes to mind
Ahhh... totally forgot about those. Thanks for the clarification :-)

The current production cigars don't have cello on them. Discontinued ones do though. http://cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.a...#Petit_Coronas
[Reply]
T.G 08:18 AM 05-25-2011
But what Trevor's site doesn't tell you is that there is still quite a bit of the cello'd stock available.
[Reply]
massphatness 08:25 AM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
But what Trevor's site doesn't tell you is that there is still quite a bit of the cello'd stock available.
And I'm waiting for some. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:26 AM 05-25-2011
Correct. But the OP was talking about cello changing recently.
[Reply]
T.G 08:28 AM 05-25-2011
Correct. But the OP was talking about cello changing recently.
Seemed pretty obvious that he was talking about NCs.
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:31 AM 05-25-2011
Seemed pretty obvious that he was talking about NCs.
Yeah, I knew that. I was just trying to help out jwillm and then we got on this discussion. Sorry for the thread jack OP.
[Reply]
T.G 09:58 AM 05-25-2011
It's not a bad thing Dan, hopefully some of those who are newer to CCs who might run across this thread will gain something from the conversation. :-)
[Reply]
MidnightMonkey 10:42 AM 05-25-2011
I think the main difference I've noticed is whether or not they're using true cellophane made from cellulose which is a natural material or whether they use cheap plastic wrappers.
[Reply]
bobarian 11:44 AM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by MidnightMonkey:
I think the main difference I've noticed is whether or not they're using true cellophane made from cellulose which is a natural material or whether they use cheap plastic wrappers.
I have never seen a plastic wrapper on any cigar in the shops I frequent. Please elaborate.

FWIW, although there are still some Cuban cigars available in cello, these are primarily pre-2002 machine mades. There are no machine made cigars currently being made in Cuba, even LFDC are hand made and without cello.
[Reply]
tedrodgerscpa 11:55 AM 05-25-2011
Last H.Upmann Puritos I smoked had cello on them. Who knows, they may have been vintage, but I doubt it.

I admit, I am splitting hairs here :-)

Otherwise, I concur. Hand made Cuban cigars of recent production do not have cello that I know of (can't remember if the LDFC Selectos do, but the LFDC PCs do not)
[Reply]
bobarian 12:01 PM 05-25-2011
Originally Posted by tedrodgerscpa:
Last H.Upmann Puritos I smoked had cello on them. Who knows, they may have been vintage, but I doubt it.

I admit, I am splitting hairs here :-)

Otherwise, I concur. Hand made Cuban cigars of recent production do not have cello that I know of (can't remember if the LDFC Selectos do, but the LFDC PCs do not)
You may be right Ted. I have never smoked a club or purito.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 12:01 PM 05-26-2011
Originally Posted by sikk50:
But is it just me or have a lot of manufacturers started using cello that feels a lot thinner and chinsier recently?
So, I purchased a San Lotano Habano robusto and Padron 3000 Nat (don't ask me why I purchased the Padron. Guess I was just hoping it would've been better that the last time I tried one) a couple a days ago that were both cello'd. Cello on both appeared to be thick from these two different companies. Maybe the same vendor services both regarding the sales of the cello?...:-)

[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up