Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 151 of 225
« First < 51101141149150151 152153161201 > Last »
Sports>Red's Fans Check in
elderboy02 09:36 PM 02-07-2012
Originally Posted by Starscream:
Once again I was the last caller on McAllister's Hot Stove Show. I think it might have been actually Mark Amazon. I discussed Oswalt's WAR vs. Bailey's WAR and the price for each. Oswalt's WAR has gone down each year, while Bailey's WAR has improved each year (although by not much), but if I'm gonna spend 10-16 million, I want a big name player, not another broken down maybe pitcher. We've already got enough maybe's and has-beens. I'm mad enough at keeping Rolen at third, a has been as back-up/maybe starting SS out of Valdez, and Arroyo. Why add Oswalt?

BTW, I was supposedly ED from NC. The last caller, if you want to go back and listen. I waited so long, he finally answered my call when I was taking a p!$$ and was caught off guard. :-):-)
LOL. "Hey, can you hold on, I am seeing a man about a horse" :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 02:40 PM 02-08-2012
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
LOL. "Hey, can you hold on, I am seeing a man about a horse" :-)
I was half lit when I called in last night.:-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:39 AM 03-08-2012
Andy, I bet Adam a 5'er that the Reds will make it to the NLCS. Crazy or not?
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:51 AM 03-08-2012
I thought it was to win the World Series. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:04 AM 03-08-2012
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
I thought it was to win the World Series. :-)
LOL. You crack me up. You wouldn't bet the division b/c you said they will win that, but you did bet that the reds wouldn't make it the NLCS.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 01:12 PM 03-08-2012
LOL. You crack me up. You wouldn't bet the division b/c you said they will win that, but you did bet that the reds wouldn't make it the NLCS.
I know, I remember. Just funnin' ya. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 09:55 AM 03-19-2012
NLDS is a safer bet.:-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 11:45 AM 03-19-2012
Adam was too chicken to bet that :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 04:25 PM 03-19-2012
They should win this weak division, so the NLDS is almost a guarantee. Dan swears they are going to make the World Series, but he was to chicken to bet that. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:32 PM 03-20-2012
Rumors of straight up trade being laid on the table: Phillips for Cole Hamels. Not sure if this is legit or not.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:10 PM 03-20-2012
Rumors of straight up trade being laid on the table: Phillips for Cole Hamels. Not sure if this is legit or not.
I don't like it. I like Hamels, but can they sign him long term? Who will play 2nd base? They can't be as good at defense as Phillips and Hamels only helps out every 5 days.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 11:56 PM 03-20-2012
Good trade, considering the Reds biggest hole is pitching. They have a bunch of #3-5 starters and one true starter. They can score runs, and keeping Phillips when this contract expires, is a big question once Votto leaves. Phillips Gold Gloves are well deserved, but last year was a product of home score keeping and having one the year before. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 04:59 AM 03-21-2012
Good trade, considering the Reds biggest hole is pitching. They have a bunch of #3-5 starters and one true starter. They can score runs, and keeping Phillips when this contract expires, is a big question once Votto leaves. Phillips Gold Gloves are well deserved, but last year was a product of home score keeping and having one the year before. :-)
Ok, so lets say this trade happens. Who will be our second baseman?
[Reply]
Stephen 06:39 AM 03-21-2012
That move reeks of panic by the Phillies. Fear of not being able to resign Hamels, and fear that Utley's not coming back. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 09:02 AM 03-21-2012
Ok, so lets say this trade happens. Who will be our second baseman?
That's why I don't like this idea. Frazier is about our best option right now.:-)
Valaika?
Gregorius?

We've got a good cast of not ready guys, but nothing that will provide Phillips style defense and offense.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:06 AM 03-21-2012
...Phillips Gold Gloves are well deserved, but last year was a product of home score keeping ...
You are aware that he does play half of the season on the road and there is no home score keeper to help him out?
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:45 AM 03-21-2012
You are aware that he does play half of the season on the road and there is no home score keeper to help him out?
I have seen multiple plays at GABP where he should have gotten errors, not saying he should have 20 more, but at least 5 balls that he got a pass on. One he booted it, and then threw it in the dirt past Votto and no error. :-) :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:48 AM 03-21-2012
I have seen multiple plays at GABP where he should have gotten errors, not saying he should have 20 more, but at least 5 balls that he got a pass on. One he booted it, and then threw it in the dirt past Votto and no error. :-) :-)
I don't know, I feel it is a wash. He doesn't get a positive mark when he makes a play that not many other 2B's could even get to.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:17 AM 03-21-2012
Even so, he's still worth a sh!t ton of money, and he deserves it. I just hope he doesn't sign that big contract (for us or any other team) and wind up like Uttley.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:54 AM 03-22-2012
I don't know, I feel it is a wash. He doesn't get a positive mark when he makes a play that not many other 2B's could even get to.
Come on, take off the glasses. He makes a lot of good plays, but he doesn't make a lot of plays that other 2B's can't. Its like saying that Stubbs gets to more fly balls than other CF's. You need to stop listening to the Reds home broadcast team. :-)
[Reply]
Page 151 of 225
« First < 51101141149150151 152153161201 > Last »
Up