Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Do your tastes change with the weather?
Sanitariumite 02:44 PM 10-31-2008
It's getting cold here in Ellensburg. It's been below 32 when I've woken up for the past week or so, and sweaters and jackets are becoming more and more necessary. I've been out of cigars for a while (Time between jobs, only working 20-25 hours a week, car payments/rent/etc. has kept me from being able to re-stock for the past 3-4 weeks. In another 3-4 weeks I should be able to refill my empty humidor, and so I've been thinking a lot about what I want to fill it with. So as I sit here and think about it, I'm really craving some good spicy/bold cigars. Some Pepin Blues, a few Tatuaje Reds, etc. Now I've always liked spicy cigars, but when it's warmer out I like something a little sweeter, or creamier. I've never really thought about it before now, but my tastes in cigars definitely change seasonally. Do any of you notice a distinctive change in your flavor preferences with the weather?
[Reply]
Parrotheadduff 03:28 PM 10-31-2008
My taste doesn't change just the size. Shorter ones for the colder weather.
[Reply]
jechelman 04:04 PM 10-31-2008
As it gets colder I tend to move toward more full bodied cigars.
[Reply]
AdamC 04:13 PM 10-31-2008
I was smoking a Oliva V yesterday and I was freezing my anus off. So I would think I might start moving to smaller cigars for the colder weather. Probably would change my tast due to weather though.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 04:18 PM 10-31-2008
I am smoking smaller cigars from the same manufacturers...
[Reply]
webjunkie 04:41 PM 10-31-2008
I actually tend to smoke slightly larger than normal since winter forces me inside to the local B&M. When I go there I normally have a few hours off so I go with some larger than if I was just outside.
[Reply]
Nimbus 05:04 PM 10-31-2008
My taste does not change with the weather, just the length of the cigar. It is not fun to smoke at 30 degree weather :-)
[Reply]
brigey57 10:46 PM 10-31-2008
Originally Posted by Sanitariumite:
It's getting cold here in Ellensburg. It's been below 32 when I've woken up for the past week or so, and sweaters and jackets are becoming more and more necessary. I've been out of cigars for a while (Time between jobs, only working 20-25 hours a week, car payments/rent/etc. has kept me from being able to re-stock for the past 3-4 weeks. In another 3-4 weeks I should be able to refill my empty humidor, and so I've been thinking a lot about what I want to fill it with. So as I sit here and think about it, I'm really craving some good spicy/bold cigars. Some Pepin Blues, a few Tatuaje Reds, etc. Now I've always liked spicy cigars, but when it's warmer out I like something a little sweeter, or creamier. I've never really thought about it before now, but my tastes in cigars definitely change seasonally. Do any of you notice a distinctive change in your flavor preferences with the weather?
No, since our weather here today was in the 60's. It is just one of the many things I like about living in the South East United States.:-)
[Reply]
groogs 10:48 PM 10-31-2008
Originally Posted by Parrotheadduff:
My taste doesn't change just the size. Shorter ones for the colder weather.

:-) I tend to smoke the same cigars, just smaller sizes.
[Reply]
duckmanco 10:58 PM 10-31-2008
Pretty much the same with everybody, just smaller smokes. I find that I am constantly on the prowl for PC's and robustos, regardless of the weather. I typically am forced to smoke alone, so I get bored smoking some massive torp. on my own. But they are nice when the time is right.
[Reply]
dannyboy 11:17 PM 10-31-2008
We don't get colder weather here, unless you count the drop from upper 80s to lower 80s colder. When I lived in VA, though, I would tend toward more full bodied cigars that had a heavier smoke and lots of coffee and chocolate flavors. In warmer weather I like that, but also enjoy the more floral and sweet flavor profiles.
[Reply]
Spect 12:45 AM 11-01-2008
My cigar preference doesn't change, but my food/beer preferences definitely do.
[Reply]
Up