Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 14
< 12 3412 > Last »
Sports>NHL '17- '18 Season Thread
Bruins Fan 05:03 AM 12-20-2017
The Bruins young talent are very impressive,still got a ways to go.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:21 AM 12-20-2017
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
Pastrnak, McAvoy, Heinen, Spooner, etc....they have some serious talent in their youth.
[Reply]
E.J. 11:20 PM 12-21-2017
That was a tough one for the Avs. That said, a point and playing better than last year.
[Reply]
nutcracker 09:32 AM 12-22-2017
That darn Rask isn’t playing his normal game....
[Reply]
shilala 09:36 PM 12-27-2017
I've been trying to watch as much Antti Raanta as I can. Lots of YouTube.
I really like watching his style. He's standing on his head for Arizona with absolutely no help.
He doesn't tie up the puck really well, but that's because he's not real soft with his blockers. But he controls his kicks to where his boys SHOULD be. (Coming to cover the freakin net and stopping second shots with their face.)
I'd trade Matt Murray and our soda machine for him even up. Right now. I'd probably even let go the Primanti Brothers concession and a cotton candy machine if they push back.

I know the Blackhearts let him go and so did the Rangers (or was it the Islanders?), but they're stupid.

If I have to watch another game full of Murrays crippled and unmovable glove hand, I'll choke myself out with green bungie cord.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:57 PM 12-27-2017
Originally Posted by shilala:
I've been trying to watch as much Antti Raanta as I can. Lots of YouTube.
I really like watching his style. He's standing on his head for Arizona with absolutely no help.

I know the Blackhearts let him go and so did the Rangers (or was it the Islanders?), but they're stupid.
Yeah, the Blackhearts sent him to Rockford, brought up Scott Darling, and won the Stanley Cup that year. Stupid like Edison. :-)
[Reply]
nutcracker 06:46 PM 01-10-2018
https://photos.app.goo.gl/DUoInNNuuzY2MJS93

Like the look off this.....
[Reply]
shilala 02:08 PM 01-11-2018
Originally Posted by nutcracker:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/DUoInNNuuzY2MJS93

Like the look off this.....
Was that a rub on Chicago, Neil? :-)
[Reply]
nutcracker 04:05 PM 01-11-2018
Nah - just my boys on top for the moment.
They do have a history of giving Chicago a run though......
[Reply]
icehog3 08:13 PM 01-11-2018
Why would it be a rub on Chicago? Just the facts. Right now Winnipeg is good, and Chicago is average. Especially without Corey Crawford.
[Reply]
nutcracker 04:43 AM 01-12-2018
Showdown tonight in your barn Tom.
Hope it’s a good one.....
[Reply]
icehog3 09:26 AM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by nutcracker:
Showdown tonight in your barn Tom.
Hope it’s a good one.....
I have 6 Hawks on my fantasy team (temporarily for a few of them), and am playing against Byfuglein and Conner.....so I am double rooting for my Boys, Neil....Good luck to yours, but yours are already pretty solid in the playoff hunt, so maybe a huge victory for the Hawks tonight wouldn't be too much to ask? :-)
[Reply]
E.J. 07:00 AM 01-14-2018
Game 42 for Colorado last night. With the win over the Stars, the AVS got their 23rd win & 49th point of the season, both 1 more than they finished last season with.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:45 AM 01-14-2018
Originally Posted by E.J.:
Game 42 for Colorado last night. With the win over the Stars, the AVS got their 23rd win & 49th point of the season, both 1 more than they finished last season with.
Amazing!
[Reply]
E.J. 06:41 AM 01-17-2018
Funny how a team can lose(trade away) what many would consider their best player and get better. Team sports and chemistry, crazy how that works.

AVS win 7 straight for the 1st time in over 10 years(12), MacKinnon is playing as well as anyone in hockey & this team is working for a playoff spot.

GO AVS!!!
[Reply]
icehog3 08:26 AM 01-17-2018
On the other side of the coin, E.J., looks like the Blackhawks may be without Crawford for the rest of the season with vertigo issues. I predict they miss the playoffs for the first time in a decade. :-)
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 05:13 PM 01-17-2018
Should be a good one tonight Bruins- Habs on Rivalry Night.
[Reply]
E.J. 05:58 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by icehog3:
On the other side of the coin, E.J., looks like the Blackhawks may be without Crawford for the rest of the season with vertigo issues. I predict they miss the playoffs for the first time in a decade. :-)
Is it concussion related or just weird vertigo onset? (Guess I can go google)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 06:52 AM 01-18-2018
Should be a good one tonight Bruins- Habs on Rivalry Night.
I was a little worried when Montreal got that fast, early goal. But the Bs dominated most of the rest of the game.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:43 AM 01-18-2018
Originally Posted by E.J.:
Is it concussion related or just weird vertigo onset? (Guess I can go google)
He had the problem a couple seasons ago, E.J., but the Hawks aren't saying if it's related. Hell, they weren't saying anything until day before yesterday. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 14
< 12 3412 > Last »
Up