Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Health and Fitness>Crossfit
bvilchez 10:46 AM 11-06-2011
It's the latest thing within the last 3-4 years in the military, in the Marine corps and Navy at least.

Wondering who's really into it and why. A plus I see is that. Of everything is repetitive. It can be months before you do the same workout.

Any others in here with there pros/cons?
[Reply]
CigarNut 11:25 AM 11-06-2011
My wife is really into it. I do personal training there. Seems to work.
[Reply]
mexi-CAN 12:08 PM 11-16-2011
Love crossfit, I am in the best shape of my life because of it. I've never been this strong, flexible, and had this much endurance. Great full body workout and really time efficient. Super fun also! Highly recommended.
[Reply]
safariguy 02:05 PM 11-16-2011
My wife started going there 3 years ago. She became an adict, and now has become a personal trainer and works there too. I like the results :-)
[Reply]
pearson 09:11 PM 04-20-2012
my wife and I are both members at the local crossfit gym. Its great fast paced work out and hard friggen core.

Lots of crossfitters also reccomend the paleo diet, I switched to that 2 weeks ago and am feeling great.
[Reply]
Goldie 07:07 PM 06-13-2012
Bringing this thread back from the dead so it seems, but I have been doing cross fit since May and cannot get enough. For the first time, I actually look forward to exercising.

It's hard, hard work, but it hurts so good.
[Reply]
pearson 08:58 PM 06-14-2012
yeah, squats today... I can barely walk an hour later. It burns so good!!!!!
[Reply]
Joneser172 07:09 PM 07-19-2012
I have been on a pretty heavy crossfit regimen since last year. I don't go to a local affiliate but follow some pretty good online programming. I have cycled through quite a few variations and have been doing crossfit football for the past few months. Great stuff. Most the benefits of normal crossfit but it's focus is on speed and strength. My gains are pretty noticeable. I also eat mostly paleo and would recommend it for nearly anyone. I guess we shall see what all these smokes do to my fitness!

A word of caution though... Watch your form and lift for quality over quantity. Many crossfitters, including myself, have experienced some pretty nasty injuries due to poor form and education.
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 07:32 PM 07-19-2012
Originally Posted by Joneser172:

A word of caution though... Watch your form and lift for quality over quantity. Many crossfitters, including myself, have experienced some pretty nasty injuries due to poor form and education.

This is the only thing I have against cross fit. I see too many injuries at the gym because people are trying to lift way too heavy. good form will get you better results than lifting heavy and having bad form. I've been thinking about getting into cross fit, I just don't think I have the self control to lift light enough to keep my form up.(I really like to show off):-)
[Reply]
hammondc 07:57 PM 07-19-2012
I would love to do it, but the closest gym is $150/mo. Crazy talk.

I also echo Earls advice. I have seen a few friends go into it straight off the couch and get injured quickly. It is not a program for folks that do not work out regularly.
[Reply]
LT_Blueshine 08:06 AM 08-09-2012
I dabbled in CF back in the States but when I deployed and found the Kandahar CF Box I became addicted to it. The camaraderie after a sick WOD in the morning is like having a family overseas. I would suggest anyone to give it a shot at least once but to do so carefully. Scale back if need be and enjoy the suck.
[Reply]
area51 08:14 AM 08-09-2012
I did it for a while but it's not for me, I prefer regular strength training over CF.
[Reply]
Devanmc 08:23 AM 08-09-2012
I was doing it until surgery and am on doctors orders of no running or lifting so currently out of it.

Love doing crossfit and love the people at the gym. Best workout program I have done.
[Reply]
Devanmc 05:51 AM 08-21-2012
One more week for me until I am back at the gym. Crossfit really kicked my ass before surgery.

Snatching 130, I weighted in at 143 That morning. this was 3 months into working out again.
[Reply]
Shawn hines 01:54 PM 08-21-2012
I lift weights, but I have done a couple mud runs and i enjoy the Cross fit side of things.

I have been looking at doing a couple workouts a couple times a week when i am not lifting.
[Reply]
dannyboy 01:16 AM 03-23-2013
Started crossfit about 4 months ago. Missed a month due to back injury (bad form on dead lifts, clean and snatches) but am back into it now. Trying to keep my form solid and add weight slowly after the injury. I love the workouts. It reminds me of high school sports with the camaraderie and competitiveness. I feel stronger and have more endurance than I did before and I have become addicted to it. I have tried many exercise programs over the years and this is the first that I have ever been excited to go to and been able to maintain for more than a moth or two.
[Reply]
czerbe 02:05 PM 06-26-2013
I took 3 classes of Crossfit and feel in love then I hurt my back (well re-injured) a back problem I'm working with a chiro. to get my back in line again and I have been back to the local gym to start strength training.. I hope one day soon I'll be back to CF it was great.
[Reply]
Samsquanch 10:53 AM 07-01-2015
This is an old thread but thought I would see if anyone out there is still doing Crossfit? I just signed up for my first class. It's a Fundamentals class 2 days a week for 4 weeks. I'm lucky to have a CF gym in my neighborhood, just a couple blocks from my house.

I've never done CF before, what can I expect my first few weeks?
[Reply]
Samsquanch 10:10 PM 07-06-2015
Well, completed my first fundamentals class...holy **** it hurts but I like it ��
[Reply]
czerbe 07:02 AM 07-07-2015
you will be tired, but love it, Get your rest and diet in line and all will be good!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up