Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 96
1 231151 > Last »
Entertainment>Games thread!
VirtualSmitty 09:27 PM 10-14-2008
Figured we needed a thread about video games since there are so many great titles on the horizon. To start:

Dead Space: i'll be picking this up tomorrow. Space survival horror? A_W_E_SO_M_E!

Next week:
LittleBigPlanet - game looks awesome. Platformer with crazy physics, a 3d place, and the ability to create some crazy levels of your own.

Fable II: This game will own. You have a fog and a musket. Nuff said!

So what are you looking forward too?
[Reply]
zemekone 09:40 PM 10-14-2008
Spiderman: Web of shadow looks ****ING SICK! waiting for that!
[Reply]
King James 09:41 PM 10-14-2008
can't wait for LBP...... will be there for midnight release (if they do one)
[Reply]
Sean9689 09:41 PM 10-14-2008
Left 4 Dead is on my must-buy list as a zombie genre freak.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 09:42 PM 10-14-2008
Originally Posted by zemekone:
Spiderman: Web of shadow looks ****ING SICK! waiting for that!
I thought for sure you'd say Street Fighter 4 Gerry :-)
[Reply]
Sean9689 09:43 PM 10-14-2008
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Dead Space: i'll be picking this up tomorrow. Space survival horror? A_W_E_SO_M_E!
http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/10/...-dead-spa.html
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 09:44 PM 10-14-2008
Originally Posted by Sean9689:
http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/10/...-dead-spa.html
I cannot wait.
[Reply]
King James 10:32 PM 10-14-2008
also looking forward to new CoD...although the current one is still awesome
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 10:42 PM 10-14-2008
Originally Posted by King James:
also looking forward to new CoD...although the current one is still awesome
Yea, i'm a bit of a CoD junkie. I was a little down they went back to the WW2 theme though. CoD4 was just so perfect.
[Reply]
King James 10:45 PM 10-14-2008
Yea, i'm a bit of a CoD junkie. I was a little down they went back to the WW2 theme though. CoD4 was just so perfect.
I agree... ww2 has been done again...and again...and again...and again..... bueller..... bueller
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 10:48 PM 10-14-2008
Originally Posted by King James:
I agree... ww2 has been done again...and again...and again...and again..... bueller..... bueller
Yep. have you tried the new Brothers in Arms game? It's another WW2 shooter, but your guy sucks at shooting. More tactical squad based stuff. Pin and flank, no super soldiers in that game lol.
[Reply]
zemekone 10:55 PM 10-14-2008
I thought for sure you'd say Street Fighter 4 Gerry :-)
thats a given...
[Reply]
Mugen910 07:17 AM 10-15-2008
The newer street fighters don't have quiet the same feel..:-) I'm still hammering away at my Tekken5 Skills...
[Reply]
Volt 08:33 AM 10-15-2008
Fallout 3 is on my horizon. Even if it's only 1/2 as good as 1 and 2 I'll be happy. Many days of my life lost playing those games.

The next COD for FPS...
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 08:36 AM 10-15-2008
Originally Posted by Volt:
Fallout 3 is on my horizon. Even if it's only 1/2 as good as 1 and 2 I'll be happy. Many days of my life lost playing those games.

The next COD for FPS...
Agreed, Fallout 3 is on my radar as well. Bethesda is making it, i'm sure it will be good.
[Reply]
Volt 08:42 AM 10-15-2008
Agreeded - they have high standards there - no release and let the buying public do the beta testing. Not that all games don't need some tweaking, but a polished version ought to hit the shelves.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 08:48 AM 10-15-2008
Agreeded - they have high standards there - no release and let the buying public do the beta testing. Not that all games don't need some tweaking, but a polished version ought to hit the shelves.
Their games are always top notch. i'm not worried. Oblivion kept me occupied for a loooooong time :-)

Also, coming next year, Empire: Total War. I'm a big fan of the total war series, been playing it since Shogun. Having watched a few trailers I hafta say this game looks fantastic. Mix of turn based empire building with RTS battles and for the first time ship combat!
[Reply]
Volt 08:53 AM 10-15-2008
I used to do RTS back in the Orc Craft and C&C days... But the click rush of grab the resources got old and a good player with Tanya could rule the game. If you like the turn based then try the Combat Mission games:

http://www.battlefront.com/

Replay isn't good but sometimes even knowing the scripted actions still isn't enough. I have yelled at the screen many a time when morale got low the my yelow cowards ran from the fight.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 08:56 AM 10-15-2008
I used to do RTS back in the Orc Craft and C&C days... But the click rush of grab the resources got old and a good player with Tanya could rule the game. If you like the turn based then try the Combat Mission games:

http://www.battlefront.com/

Replay isn't good but sometimes even knowing the scripted actions still isn't enough. I have yelled at the screen many a time when morale got low the my yelow cowards ran from the fight.
I'll have to give it a go when i'm finished with Dead Space, thanks for the link :-)
[Reply]
kgoings 09:56 AM 10-15-2008
Figured we needed a thread about video games since there are so many great titles on the horizon. To start:

Next week:
LittleBigPlanet - game looks awesome. Platformer with crazy physics, a 3d place, and the ability to create some crazy levels of your own.

Fable II: This game will own. You have a fog and a musket. Nuff said!

So what are you looking forward too?
Are these PC games?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 96
1 231151 > Last »
Up