Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Flavours you don't like in a cigar?
Skywalker 12:37 PM 11-03-2008
Tuna Fish... not in a cigar anyway!!!:-)

Only in a Tuna Sandwich!!!:-)

Seriously, I don't like a flavor I can only describe as Powdered Milk or luggy (snot from a sinus infection in the back of your throat)!!! Yuck!!!:-)
[Reply]
dccraft 12:37 PM 11-03-2008
I agree that too much spice just makes the tongue feel too hot and wrecks the smoke. I don't mind a little spice in the flavor though.
[Reply]
Benwoo 01:03 PM 11-03-2008
Another newb jumping on the too much spice bandwagon.... Also on of the New Macanudo's was gifted to me for my birthday. I smoked it reminded me so much of walking through my parent's dusty hay filled barn. So yeah, guess I'm not into the barnyard/hay-like cigars either.
[Reply]
RGD. 01:06 PM 11-03-2008
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Soap! :-)
Had that happen to a box of Partagas 898 Varnished. Had a couple when the box was new - set it aside for like 8 months and then tired another - felt like I had just had my mouth washed out.

Disgusting.

Haven't tried them again - been over a year or so now so.

Ron
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:07 PM 11-03-2008
I do not know how ass tastes, I don't want to find out either.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 02:07 PM 11-03-2008
7-year-old burnt Madagascar vanilla.:-)

All you nOObs who hate spice, send them to me.:-)

Seriously, wet dirty ashtray, dead fish, ammonia, nothing (like you can't taste anything).
[Reply]
lightning9191 02:11 PM 11-03-2008
I'd have to go with overly bitter or salty cigars.
[Reply]
rrplasencia 02:57 PM 11-03-2008
Originally Posted by Scottw:
Poop.
:-)
[Reply]
tnip23 03:06 PM 11-03-2008
grass for sure. the best way to describe it is how a sommelier once described the difference between a good and bad sauvigion blanc. If it tastes like fresh cut straw, that is good, hay, not so good. that hay taste is the taste i do not like, Davidoff ncs have it and for that price, i can easily avoid them.
[Reply]
TripleF 03:09 PM 11-03-2008
straw.

nothin' like bland tasting straw.......:-)
[Reply]
CigarDood 06:03 PM 11-03-2008
I hate the flavor of feet typically found in gurkhas :-)
[Reply]
groogs 06:39 PM 11-03-2008
Originally Posted by dccraft:
I agree that too much spice just makes the tongue feel too hot and wrecks the smoke. I don't mind a little spice in the flavor though.

:-) I like a little pepper on the tongue, and some spice through the nose, but when a cigar is just a pepper bomb, the smoke is ruined for me.
[Reply]
AD720 06:43 PM 11-03-2008
Pepper. I like spice in my cigars, but not a peppery spice.

Also not a fan of ammonia or whatever the flavor is that makes me say "harsh". I can't put my finger on what that is, like burning grass.
[Reply]
Pipe&Cigar 06:53 PM 11-03-2008
ROFL... I think it depends on who was wearing the Leather jacket back in the 80's!

I'm with those that hate the metal taste, but my biggest turnoff is long walks on the beach, I would rather walk a short distance then lay down (Sorry wrong forum) on occasion I get that Thick gunk on the back of my throat that I try to remove with the back of my tounge... all I can describe it as is very bitter and Ashy.

I'm still looking for a Consistently "Creamy" Cigar.
[Reply]
silentjon 05:04 AM 11-04-2008
I am not a big grassy fan.
[Reply]
sofaman 05:15 AM 11-04-2008
I can appriciate all flavors, Some more than others
[Reply]
spincycle 07:54 AM 11-04-2008
Originally Posted by Pipe&Cigar:
ROFL... I think it depends on who was wearing the Leather jacket back in the 80's!

I'm with those that hate the metal taste, but my biggest turnoff is long walks on the beach, I would rather walk a short distance then lay down (Sorry wrong forum) on occasion I get that Thick gunk on the back of my throat that I try to remove with the back of my tounge... all I can describe it as is very bitter and Ashy.

I'm still looking for a Consistently "Creamy" Cigar.
It was this guys jacket.. :-)

Have you tried a Taboo Twist? My favorite creamy cigars. Actually, one of my favs - period.
[Reply]
markem 01:51 PM 12-29-2018
Originally Posted by jman6609:
yeah
The last two bots were so much better programmed than you. I suspect that you are programmed in python. Any idiot can program a bot in python.
[Reply]
golfman18 01:44 PM 01-09-2019
don't a fan of woody cigars but like pepper.
[Reply]
Weelok 02:01 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by bobarian:
I dont like metallic tastes. Dead fish(Cremosa) and rotting grass(Angry Elf) are also low on my pleasure meter. :-)
Ditto. Although I’ve never tasted dead fish in a cigar but I might be good with a sushi cigar or I may vomit. Not sure?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up