Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Tea Discussion>So I started drinking tea
wavescrashing 01:08 AM 01-07-2010
Because I came to the conclusion while pounding my usual 4 cup mug of coffee that I had become completely immune to caffeine. I mean, once that's gone, how many cool points does the coffee retain? So, I decide, well if I'm gonna drink a flavored placebo in the wee morning, might as well make it more flavorful.
I'm no friggin aristocrat by any means, but Henry's Market is as far as I'll go for tea. So I bought some lemon ginseng tea and tried it out this morning. Good stuff. Added honey....that's about it.
[Reply]
wavescrashing 07:41 AM 01-07-2010
Maybe this isn't for me. All I'm sayin' is I've never had a cup of coffee that tasted like piss.
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:46 AM 01-07-2010
The only tea I can drink is sweet tea. Otherwise, yes it tastes like piss.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:29 AM 01-07-2010
Drink some black tea, some Earl Grey.
[Reply]
T.G 08:52 AM 01-07-2010
Originally Posted by wavescrashing:
Maybe this isn't for me. All I'm sayin' is I've never had a cup of coffee that tasted like piss.
Try raising your pinky when you sip. It makes it taste better.
[Reply]
Zanaspus 10:01 AM 01-07-2010
I can see how you would get "piss" from ginseng scented tea. As others have stated, start with small samples of good black tea. Adagio and SpecialTeas are fine online sources (no travel necessary). FWIW, I can't stomach most "scented" teas. In reality, they are the Acid cigars of the tea world.
[Reply]
elderboy02 11:02 AM 01-07-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
:-)
[Reply]
wavescrashing 07:16 PM 01-07-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
I thought Andy was the friggin aristocrat!

Originally Posted by Zanaspus:
I can see how you would get "piss" from ginseng scented tea. As others have stated, start with small samples of good black tea. Adagio and SpecialTeas are fine online sources (no travel necessary). FWIW, I can't stomach most "scented" teas. In reality, they are the Acid cigars of the tea world.
I'll check it out and share my tea endeavor with you gents
[Reply]
T.G 08:30 PM 01-07-2010
I thought Andy was the friggin aristocrat!
I'm assuming you mean the Lapsang Souchong slurping AndyTV.

Ick. The one I tried tasted like nothing but charcoal, burnt pine pitch and creosote, no amount of pinky lifting could have helped that tea.
[Reply]
cort 08:38 PM 01-07-2010
Tea:-):-)
[Reply]
perogee 08:44 PM 01-07-2010
For myself, I have a blend made at a local (kind of) tea shop. It is 50% really good Earl Grey, with other things for the kind of flavours I like. But like the others have said, black teas are the way to go for flavour.
[Reply]
Volcodom 11:03 PM 07-07-2010
Ok I know you said you won't go past Henry's market, and I know this is gonna seem like an expensive pain, but I wanna suggest you go to teavana and please try a Mate tea. it takes a while to brew, but it has all the zing of coffee and less jittery reaction.
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:15 PM 07-07-2010
Tazo, black tea is the sh@t!!!
[Reply]
DocLogic77 12:06 AM 07-14-2010
If you believe tea tastes like pee...you are probably drinking the wrong kinds of tea. I never put any sweetner in tea (though I must admit the sweet tea at Chick Fil-a is tasty). Try some properly brewed oolong it might change your guys minds. :-)
[Reply]
ridenlive 12:13 PM 07-14-2010
i really enjoy sun brewed tea that the arizona sun can deliver.
[Reply]
Jack1000 01:42 PM 07-14-2010
+1 on the black tea idea. It's got a lot more flavor than green.
[Reply]
Mugen910 02:08 PM 07-14-2010
Try Thai Iced Tea from your local Thai Restaurant. That should keep you going for the day. :-)

Side note...I don't think Green Tea or Chrysanthemum tastes like warm piss but then again I've never had warm piss. :-)
[Reply]
ridenlive 12:11 AM 07-15-2010
[quote= but then again I've never had warm piss. :-)[/QUOTE]
agreed
[Reply]
Mr.Erskine 03:45 AM 07-15-2010
I'm a fan of licorice, chamomile, and green teas.

I take honey in the chamomile and green teas, and a bit of sugar in the licorice.
[Reply]
bigdix 05:18 AM 07-15-2010
Hot Chai with a little milk.....and a snifter of Meyer's Dark Rum....more of a dessert type thing, but delicious!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up