Page 4 of 350
« First < 234 561454104 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
The Professor 08:26 AM 10-23-2008
Originally Posted by zemekone:
nice workout...
Really? Thanks.
King James 08:49 AM 10-23-2008
got class late, but ganna try to hit the gym tonight. Legs are killing me from squating on tuesday
DavenportESQ 08:52 AM 10-23-2008
125x8 PR? are you serious? no disrespect, but i thought it would be more like 155x8ish :-)

G, I usually dont do much rep work above 6's sry I guess I will need to come out and train with you to get stronger in my DB Incline:-):-):-)

1 m/s is pretty much the target goal for me for most of the presses, I try to work close to 2 m/s in all pulling/olympic exercises. If you have a tendo unit at any of your gyms they are a really good piece of equipment. During summer training I have a test I do before every workout and measure and see what power production I am at, and that dictates the workout, we also do this in season to avoid over training. Plus it just makes sense, if you can't pull at maximum efficiency why do that workout?
replicant_argent 09:02 AM 10-23-2008
Originally Posted by The Professor:
The Admiral ALWAYS hits it hard. :-)
:-)

:-)
zemekone 09:06 AM 10-23-2008
Originally Posted by DavenportESQ:
G, I usually dont do much rep work above 6's sry I guess I will need to come out and train with you to get stronger in my DB Incline:-):-):-)

1 m/s is pretty much the target goal for me for most of the presses, I try to work close to 2 m/s in all pulling/olympic exercises. If you have a tendo unit at any of your gyms they are a really good piece of equipment. During summer training I have a test I do before every workout and measure and see what power production I am at, and that dictates the workout, we also do this in season to avoid over training. Plus it just makes sense, if you can't pull at maximum efficiency why do that workout?
ok forget it... i thought you were just doin 1m/s for the warm ups, but if your doin that with the dumbells too, then im the dumbell :-)

how much do you weigh?
DavenportESQ 09:09 AM 10-23-2008
Im at my lean fighting weight of 260 ish
zemekone 09:50 AM 10-23-2008
Im at my lean fighting weight of 260 ish
gotcha... im a lil kid compared to you... :-)
DavenportESQ 09:53 AM 10-23-2008
We are even because I am the little kid when it comes to cigars!
zemekone 09:58 AM 10-23-2008
We are even because I am the little kid when it comes to cigars!
so am i...
Mustang1 10:02 AM 10-23-2008
OK fellas, I'm gonna stick my head up finally after reading this thread here and on the other board. I never really lifted before. I was more of a push-up, sit-up kind of guy.

Well I'm trying to come off of a long sedentary period of about seven years. I drank alot of beer and ate alot of food. I was about 180 Lbs, for my height that is damn fat, bordering on obese. So for the past 2 almost 3 months I've been monitering my diet and doing some light upperbody weights. I dropped down to about 145 Lbs.

When is a good time to start bulking up? I heard from some website that you should get down to below 10% body fat before you start consuming more calories to start putting on more lean muscle. I still have some belly fat, should I lose as much of the gut as possible before?

Also, is the whole 1g of protein per pound of lean muscle mass formula effective?

And Zemekone, you are the pull-up king. I am up to three with good form and happy. Sure I can do five but after the third, it gets dodgey quick. :-)
zemekone 10:09 AM 10-23-2008
Originally Posted by Mustang1:
When is a good time to start bulking up? I heard from some website that you should get down to below 10% body fat before you start consuming more calories to start putting on more lean muscle. I still have some belly fat, should I lose as much of the gut as possible before?
in my opinion winter is the perfect time to bulk up cuz you can wear sweaters, and jackets plus you have all the big eating holidays...

Also, is the whole 1g of protein per pound of lean muscle mass formula effective?
i like 1.5 g of protein per pound, and 2.0 grams per pound of carbs

And Zemekone, you are the pull-up king. I am up to three with good form and happy. Sure I can do five but after the third, it gets dodgey quick. :-)
when i started doin pullups i couldnt do 5 to save my life, so i started doin 12 everyday, didnt matter how long it took just get to 12, then 15, then 20, then skys the limit...

now i do weighted pullups 50 with at least 45 every other day...
Mustang1 11:18 AM 10-23-2008
in my opinion winter is the perfect time to bulk up cuz you can wear sweaters, and jackets plus you have all the big eating holidays...

i like 1.5 g of protein per pound, and 2.0 grams per pound of carbs

when i started doin pullups i couldnt do 5 to save my life, so i started doin 12 everyday, didnt matter how long it took just get to 12, then 15, then 20, then skys the limit...

now i do weighted pullups 50 with at least 45 every other day...
Thanks Zemekone! Appreciate the info!
icehog3 02:14 PM 10-23-2008
Tore up chest today, hit the incline DBs hard, then some flat bench, and dips.

Hockey tonight, time to carb up. :-)
DavenportESQ 03:49 PM 10-23-2008
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Tore up chest today, hit the incline DBs hard, then some flat bench, and dips.

Hockey tonight, time to carb up. :-)
Good luck Bro!
Sailchaser 07:03 PM 10-23-2008
Got some good news today from the doc said I can actually lift some weights again after 8 years off ,goning to alocal gym tommoro that I used to hang out at and see if the can develope a program under my docs recomendations. it will definetly help out my diving strenght:-)
zemekone 07:04 PM 10-23-2008
awesome! pullups... thats all i have to say
icehog3 08:12 PM 10-23-2008
Originally Posted by Sailchaser:
Got some good news today from the doc said I can actually lift some weights again after 8 years off ,goning to alocal gym tommoro that I used to hang out at and see if the can develope a program under my docs recomendations. it will definetly help out my diving strenght:-)
Good news, Chris! :-)
GhostRyder 08:24 PM 10-23-2008
awesome! pullups... thats all i have to say
+1. Burpee pull-ups are even better. Due to all of the running I have been doing I've avoided the gym since the summer. This thread is getting me pumped for my marathon recovery time when I can start hitting the weights again. Although, I get through the O-Course a lot faster with my skinny endurance body then I ever did when I was lifting.

Funny how that works.
King James 10:54 PM 10-23-2008
back to gym tomorrow.... last day of no-xplode (i hope, there isn't much left) big upper body day i think. What is the best place to get white flood from?
icehog3 12:32 AM 10-24-2008
Originally Posted by King James:
back to gym tomorrow.... last day of no-xplode (i hope, there isn't much left) big upper body day i think. What is the best place to get white flood from?
Bodybuilidng.com....good price, quick delivery. :-)
Page 4 of 350
« First < 234 561454104 > Last »
Up