Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 456
Sports>Super Bowl Predictions
Porch Dweller 11:14 AM 02-06-2017
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 11:18 AM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by massphatness:
My son was born in '93 and believes it his birthright that the Pats will contend at a high level every year. I try to tell him that this run is unparalleled in the history of professional football. No one has ever put together something like this over such long period of time: 16 years, 14 playoff appearances, 11 Conference Championship games, 7 Super Bowl appearances and victories in five of them. It's mind boggling.

At some point, the worm will turn and New England fans will look back on this era with awe and longing much as I suspect 49er fans look back on the mid 80's & early 90's. It will be fans like my son who will be ill equipped to deal with it because they don't know the pain. They don't respect the current winning streak because it's all they've ever known.

As a Bills fan living in New England, I will enjoy that immensely.
Tell him to become a Lions fan, then he'll know true ineptitude (said from a life long homer Lions fan).
[Reply]
Subvet642 11:18 AM 02-06-2017
:-)

Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:

[Reply]
AdamJoshua 12:22 PM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Tell him to become a Raiders fan, then he'll know true ineptitude (said from a life long homer Lions fan).
Fixed it .. the Lions were never that good. :-)

I will say this, while it was an amazing comeback it was not the greatest game ever as people are saying, it was a freaking blowout and a mismatch for the entire first half, I heard on the radio that the Fox execs where shitting themselves it was so bad, it was so bad that Marky Mark and his family left (only to later blame his kids.. not that it was a train wreck of a first half).

It's like The Usual Suspects, not an amazing movie, it was ok, but it had a great ending, so people tend to say it was a great movie, it really wasn't, passable yes, great no.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 06:14 PM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by Tio Gato:
NESN has locker room video showing Mr. Kraft passing out Padron cigars after the big win. Nice.:-)
I'd like a link to see that.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 456
Up