Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Good Eats>Hot salsa recipe
afranco 05:07 PM 08-20-2015
Goodevening gents ! Was needing some hot salsa recipes. Wanting some good tasting hot salsa for my fajita tacos and corn chips. Can't forget those morning tacos ! Thanks
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 08:17 PM 08-20-2015
Here's one for you Alfredo:

Basic Salsa

2 Jalapeno Chile's

2 Yellow Chile's

1/2 Bunch Cilantro

1/2 Bunch Green Onions

3 Garlic Cloves

1 Can Whole Tomatoes (28oz.) Hunts Brand (or your favorite brand)

Salt to Taste

Wash and remove all seeds from the chilies. Cook chilies in boiling water for 10 – 15 minutes (until Jalapenos are olive green). Wash & chop the cilantro. Peel garlic cloves. When chilies are cooked, place in a blender with tomatoes (4 at a time with juice), a little of the cilantro and a little of the green onions. Press garlic thru garlic press and add salt.

Pulsate blender on chop and count to 4. If you want it thinner, pulsate longer. Pour it into a bowl. Place the rest of the tomatoes in the blender and repeat with the pulsating. Mix in with the rest of the salsa. Add the rest of the onions and cilantro. Add salt as needed to taste.

Let it sit over night to marry the flavors (although you don't have to).

Note: if it is too hot, add more tomatoes…
[Reply]
Subvet642 08:57 PM 08-20-2015
Gee, that looks good, Mark! Gonna have to try it.
[Reply]
afranco 09:01 PM 08-20-2015
Thanks MARK ! Sounds tasty. I will get back with you on the results...
[Reply]
T.G 07:30 AM 08-21-2015
Why over complicate something so simple and perfect?

Serrano Peppers
Tomatoes
Cilantro
White onion
Lime juice
Salt
Ground cumin

Chop the peppers, cilantro, tomatoes and onions up fine, and put it in a bowl. If it looks too green, add more tomatoes and onions. If it looks too red, add more onions and cilantro. If it looks like you aren't sweating, add more peppers. If it looks like you still have your balls, add habanero peppers. Add lime juice and salt to taste, along with a dash of cumin powder.
[Reply]
afranco 09:02 PM 08-21-2015
Thanks guys, grab a lil bit from both recipes ! Came out just like i wanted :-)
Attached: image.jpg (108.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 09:49 PM 08-21-2015
Originally Posted by T.G:
Why over complicate something so simple and perfect?

Serrano Peppers
Tomatoes
Cilantro
White onion
Lime juice
Salt
Ground cumin

Chop the peppers, cilantro, tomatoes and onions up fine, and put it in a bowl. If it looks too green, add more tomatoes and onions. If it looks too red, add more onions and cilantro. If it looks like you aren't sweating, add more peppers. If it looks like you still have your balls, add habanero peppers. Add lime juice and salt to taste, along with a dash of cumin powder.
Add some chopped green onion and a touch of black pepper and that's pretty much my standard pico de gallo recipe.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 09:40 AM 08-22-2015
Originally Posted by afranco:
Thanks guys, grab a lil bit from both recipes ! Came out just like i wanted :-)
That looks pretty tasty Alfredo. I'll bring the chips:-)
[Reply]
CEC_Tech 02:06 PM 08-22-2015
Just in case, here's mine. Classic border town recipe. From my grandma.

This is for a big bowl, we make everything in bulk. Freezes very well.

*note* if you're not into the roasting process, you can also just boil the peppers and tomatoes. you can add two tomatillos to this recipe to add a little sweetness.

10 Roasted Hatch Long green chiles. Skin and seeds removed after roasting.
10 Roasted Jalapeno peppers. Skin and seeds removed after roasting.
5 Large Roma Tomatoes. Also roasted. Skin can be left on for more smoky flavor.
1 medium size white onion.
1 cilantro bundle, no stems.
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
Lime Pepper
4 large limes
3 cloves minced garlic
Garlic Salt (salt to taste).
1 can of tomato sauce

Roast peppers and tomatoes on the grill until skin is black and toasty.
After roasting let sit in cold water so skin will peel easily.

you can add onion, peppers, and tomato in the blender or food processor. Hand chopping is better for a chunky salsa. Your preference.

Mix the remaining ingredients together in a large bowl. Plastic is better. Metal bowls tend to change the flavor. Glass bowls are the best. Once all ingredients are mixed in and you have salted to taste, use filtered water to find your preferred consistency. Some like thick salsa, others like it watery. It is entirely up to you.

Set in the fridge for at least an hour so that the salsa will marinade and flavors will blend together. Use salty corn tostadas to eat. Goes well on breafast, beans, steak from the day before. We use it on almost everything.

It will be good for at least two weeks, afterward, anything left can be frozen and reused. We usually make Chile con queso (melted velveeta) with this salsa added for a great kick. Great on nachos!
[Reply]
pnoon 02:10 PM 08-22-2015
For those of you posting actual recipes, I encourage you to do the same in the Recipes sub-forum. I'll start with mine.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 02:32 PM 08-22-2015
Armando, what size can of tomato sauce?

Originally Posted by pnoon:
For those of you posting actual recipes, I encourage you to do the same in the Recipes sub-forum. I'll start with mine.
good idea Peter...
[Reply]
afranco 05:12 PM 08-22-2015
(Armando) that sounds good. Gona have to try it
[Reply]
CEC_Tech 10:45 PM 08-22-2015
I think the can is 8 or 12 oz. Like a standard size can.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 11:31 PM 08-22-2015
Thanks Armando:-)
[Reply]
Up