Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Networking>SD memory card question
brigey57 01:03 PM 01-16-2012
I have a PDA and a digital camera that use an SD memory card for storing images and information. I recently purchased two 8 gigabyte cards and I have not been able to get them to work in my devices. Is there a limitation to the maximum size that can be used in these devices? Your thoughts are appreciated regarding my question.

Thanks for your help.
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:15 PM 01-16-2012
Many devices have limitations in the size of the memory card that can be used. I would check with the manufacturer's of your PDA and camera -- their websites should be able to give you the specific information that you need.
[Reply]
MrClean 05:06 AM 01-23-2012
On rare occasions you have to format them first. I've seen some that come from the manufacturer formatted exactly as your device requires, but they still don't work. Pop them in your computer, format them again and they work. Strange but it does happen.
[Reply]
poker 07:38 AM 01-23-2012
Chances are that your devices are designed for SD cards and what you may have are 8 Gig SDHC (High Capacity) cards. SDHC cards are not backwards compatible with devices designed only for SD card use.
[Reply]
Up