Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Tea Reviews>Teavana Black Dragon Pearls
DrDubzz 06:25 PM 11-24-2010
Never done a tea review before, but I'll give it a shot.

These come in marble sized "pearls", black tea (as the black in the name indicates), the "tin aroma" is well, tea-like. But it also has a noticeable "malty" odor as well (like a whopper ball).

Anyway, I'm not too anal about water temperature, so I boil, wait a sec, and then pour and steep for about 3 minutes.

It's good to drink straight, but enhanced with a little milk and sugar.

The flavor keeps that malty taste after brewed, it's very bold and flavorful, probably my favorite black tea. And black teas are my favorite.

it's a tad pricey, but worth it IMO (although I don't drink it every day)

here's a link http://www.teavana.com/The-Teas/Blac...-Black-Tea.axd
[Reply]
physiognomy 07:42 PM 11-24-2010
Thanks for the review, Tim! I must admit I haven't tried anything from Teavana, but it's good to know about this one. I drink mostly puerh, oolongs, & a few greens... I will have to branch out & try a few black teas now. One of the members over at badgerandblade.com has recommended specialteas.com for their Assams in the past, so I might start there.
[Reply]
the nub 08:25 PM 11-24-2010
From your description, it sounds like a Yunnan tea. They typically have a malty taste. Reminds me of Ovaltine. It's a nice change of pace. As with all my teas, I prefer without milk or sugar.
[Reply]
tea_lover24 07:35 AM 02-23-2018
Originally Posted by physiognomy:
Thanks for the review, Tim! I must admit I haven't tried anything from Teavana, but it's good to know about this one. I drink mostly puerh, oolongs, & a few greens... I will have to branch out & try a few black teas now. One of the members over at badgerandblade.com has recommended specialteas.com for their Assams in the past, so I might start there.
I personally really enjoy oolong tea which i think isn't for everyone it's definitely more of an acquired taste, and i guess the same could be said about black tea, but i feel you really need to try a good one the first time around in order to really experience it, i suggest you check out: http://www.republicoftea.com/black-tea/c/3/pgsize/96/ they offer many tea varieties.
[Reply]
miaka14 04:59 AM 02-26-2020
If you are afraid that teachers will find out that you order written work, look for services that guarantee anonymity, for example I am the real DB Cooper. Clients of this service can always be sure that their identity will be hidden. Well, unless you piss off wikileaks.
[Reply]
BigAsh 06:41 AM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by miaka14:
If you are afraid that teachers will find out that you order written work, look for services that guarantee anonymity, for example I am the real DB Cooper. Clients of this service can always be sure that their identity will be hidden.
Yep, was thinking the same thing!!....Also, where are the "phrasing" police for the OP...."Black pearls" and "anal" in the same sentence...slackers....
[Reply]
icehog3 08:38 AM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
Also, where are the "phrasing" police for the OP...."Black pearls" and "anal" in the same sentence...slackers....
WINNING!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
olinda 02:34 AM 12-28-2020
I like Teavana Black Dragon Pearls tea because I'm using it since 2011. During my research, I didn't find better tea than it. As a part-time spamming toelicker business, I use to drink it.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 04:32 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by hania25:
I for one truly appreciate oolong tea which I believe isn't for everybody it's certainly a greater amount of an obtained taste, and I surmise the equivalent could be said about black tea, yet I feel you truly need to attempt a decent one the first run through around to truly encounter it.
Any relation to Ghengis or Chaka?
[Reply]
andrealim199320 03:14 AM 02-10-2021
I am grateful for this information you have shared with us. I think I know better now. I wish you all the best things in life..
[Reply]
icehog3 07:29 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by andrealim199320:
I am grateful for this information you have shared with us. I think I know better now. I wish you all the best things in life..
As soon as I saw your user name I knew I was gonna kick you in the yambag.:-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:56 AM 02-10-2021
Thanks Admiral. Now I’m going to have problems eating yams.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:45 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Thanks Admiral. Now I’m going to have problems eating yams.
Nah, just peel 'em outta the bag. :-)
[Reply]
markem 08:48 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Nah, just peel 'em outta the bag. :-)
Oysters. Rocky mountain style. Fried in lard, not butter.
[Reply]
Up