Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 99 of 352
« First < 4989979899 100101109149199 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
Ender 10:32 AM 02-25-2011
Originally Posted by snkbyt:
I saw these grips and had to order them for my Dan Wesson Valor. They should be here hopefully this weekend.
jdawg 11:05 AM 02-25-2011
Cool looking gun, Alex!
SNKBYT 03:11 PM 02-25-2011
Originally Posted by Ender:
I saw these grips and had to order them for my Dan Wesson Valor. They should be here hopefully this weekend.
those grips came from "esmeralda grips"............and thanks, the wife says it looks pretty:-)
http://www.esmeralda.cc/
Wolfgang 05:10 PM 02-25-2011
Originally Posted by snkbyt:
I went from this
Im tired of all these damn slopes! When will I get to take a break from falling??

replicant_argent 06:12 PM 02-25-2011
Esmereldas grips rock. Wish I had a 1911 to put em on.
SNKBYT 06:29 PM 02-27-2011
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
Esmereldas grips rock. Wish I had a 1911 to put em on.
Pete, she makes other grips as well.......Beretta 9mm, Ruger Single Six to name a few
SNKBYT 06:41 PM 02-27-2011
this is my "retirement gift" from the Mrs:-) (ok not this one pictured but close, all the same fixings)
Rem 700 Sniper Rifle in .308
Barcode 07:00 PM 02-27-2011
Originally Posted by druturn:
Alright fellas, I need some advice from fellow CHL holders. I am about to apply for my CHL as soon as my birthday hits and will be buying a pistol to carry concealed. I have been debating which pistol to carry for probably near a year now. I have been stuck on a 1911 since forever because I love the look, feel, slimness, and shooting abilities of it. I was recently introduced to the H&K USP .45 ACP 12 round and loved the hell out of it. I know that pistol shopping and carrying all comes down to preference, but I want to hear from folks who carry large frame and wide pistols. Is it really that much of a burden to carry a large frame pistol such as this? My father carries an XD 9mm, which from my gathering, appears to be about the same size as the USP and he seems to have no complaints about it. I am a big guy and tend to think that I can handle concealing a large frame pistol fairly easily. This issue also comes down to DA vs. SA. I know that a cocked and locked gun is safe if handled properly. I have been around and using guns since a very young age and am extremely comfortable using nearly all types of firearms. For some reason carrying a cocked and locked 1911 still just scares the bejesus out of me and I would rather carry a loaded and decocked DA USP. Anyways, any thoughts on these issues/questions fellas?
Drew,

I carry a Springfield XD 45C in a Crossbreed Supertuck just about everyday. Whatever gun you decide is right for you I would look into a Crossbreed holster, it is the most comfortable holster I have carried. :-)
xlc12rf 06:37 AM 03-03-2011
Ok gun guys, here goes.

I'll be buying my first house in a few months. I already have a 12 gauge that is kept locked up at my parent's house. I'd like to get a supplemental handgun, and will be taking the course in a month or two. Since money is always a bit tight, I'd like to make a decision on the firearm, so I can save up.

I have my eye on a Sig P239, or a Ruger LC9. I plan on getting the CCW, if the state of CT allows it, so carry size would be of slight concern.

What are your opinions on these? I'm a pretty decent shot with a rifle and shotgun, but I've yet to fire a handgun. I realize the 9mm would be cheaper for me to practice with, should that be weighted heavily?

As you can tell, I'm not much into guns. I'd just like to have the ability, should I really need it, to protect my family. FWIW, I've been plenty exposed to firearms, and used to shoot somewhat regularly when active in the Boy Scouts.
floydpink 08:36 AM 03-03-2011
Originally Posted by xlc12rf:
Ok gun guys, here goes.

I'll be buying my first house in a few months. I already have a 12 gauge that is kept locked up at my parent's house. I'd like to get a supplemental handgun, and will be taking the course in a month or two. Since money is always a bit tight, I'd like to make a decision on the firearm, so I can save up.

I have my eye on a Sig P239, or a Ruger LC9. I plan on getting the CCW, if the state of CT allows it, so carry size would be of slight concern.

What are your opinions on these? I'm a pretty decent shot with a rifle and shotgun, but I've yet to fire a handgun. I realize the 9mm would be cheaper for me to practice with, should that be weighted heavily?

As you can tell, I'm not much into guns. I'd just like to have the ability, should I really need it, to protect my family. FWIW, I've been plenty exposed to firearms, and used to shoot somewhat regularly when active in the Boy Scouts.
Not in my opinion.
Ease of use and ability to save your life should weigh the heaviest.
That's why I will never carry anything besides my Smith 38 snubbie.
xlc12rf 09:37 AM 03-03-2011
The way i figure it: if I am on a limited budget. Would it be better to have more experience with the gun (9mm), or more stopping power?

The sig is available in 9mm, .357, .40S&W
357 09:42 AM 03-03-2011
The way i figure it: if I am on a limited budget. Would it be better to have more experience with the gun (9mm), or more stopping power?

My only advice there would be avoid the .357 Sig round. It is not easy to find and rather expensive.
JaKaacH 09:44 AM 03-03-2011

See if you can find some place to try out a few different handguns. Some ranges have guns that you can rent/try. See what you can shoot most accurately.
I like all handguns but I'm not very good with revolvers. You may be just the opposite, don't buy until you know..:-)
bonjing 10:14 AM 03-03-2011
Originally Posted by JaKaacH:
See if you can find some place to try out a few different handguns. Some ranges have guns that you can rent/try. See what you can shoot most accurately.
I like all handguns but I'm not very good with revolvers. You may be just the opposite, don't buy until you know..:-)
The above! ! ! There is nothing wrong with 9mm especially with the choice of today's ammo.
gpugliese 10:48 AM 03-03-2011
Got my first can in about a month ago, the Pac lite & Ruger a week ago, and just yesterday got a chance to shoot it.

Looks like I've got a new addiction. Later this summer I'll probably start papers on a 9mm or 45acp can.

I'm leaning towards 9mm due to round cost, but 9mm subsonic isn't as common as .45acp subsonic and I'd need to buy a 9mm host gun, whereas if I went .45, I'd just have to get a threaded barrel for my 1911.

I've heard of people shooting 9mm with their .45acp rated can, but I'd be curious about the noise report.
357 11:12 AM 03-03-2011
Suppressors.....sweet. :-)
gravelman 10:24 PM 03-03-2011
Thats a great looking setup Greg. I am really diggin the rail on top too! Very cool
Bill86 10:45 PM 03-03-2011
Nice Ruger Greg :-)

I'm going to look to get my first can on a 45 I purchase this year.
hscmit 07:34 AM 03-04-2011
very nice 22 setup
MurphysLaw 07:45 AM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Held one of these yesterday. I will buy one as soon as they are available. Kimber Solo 9mm. Shorter height and length than the Kahr PM9. Damn near the same thickness.
Thats a great looking gun, haven't seen one around, but this might be the only thing that can give my PM9 a run for the money, I love that little gun
Page 99 of 352
« First < 4989979899 100101109149199 > Last »
Up