Page 99 of 129
« First < 4989979899 100101109 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
Chainsaw13 06:15 PM 06-29-2011
Hmm, down to 227.8 now.
[Reply]
Starscream 07:00 PM 06-29-2011
Originally Posted by Kreth:
The first step is admitting you have a problem... :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
:-)
[Reply]
goalie204 07:55 PM 06-29-2011
sounds yummy Bob!
[Reply]
shilala 08:32 PM 06-29-2011
I had no idea we had a health and fitness section. Huh.
I'm still hovering around 200, nothing new. I was having a lot of trouble with standing up and getting dizzy while iwas working, almost hit the dirt once.
I figured I better get some proper meals in me, so I have. I'm still packing on muscle from all the deck work, and it's going pretty well. Had to take a mid-work "go upstairs and lay down" cause my upper body was all stuck, but for the most part it's gone real well.
Now for a good night's sleep. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 09:09 PM 06-29-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
I had no idea we had a health and fitness section. Huh.
I'm still hovering around 200, nothing new. I was having a lot of trouble with standing up and getting dizzy while iwas working, almost hit the dirt once.
I figured I better get some proper meals in me, so I have. I'm still packing on muscle from all the deck work, and it's going pretty well. Had to take a mid-work "go upstairs and lay down" cause my upper body was all stuck, but for the most part it's gone real well.
Now for a good night's sleep. :-)
hope the dizzyness goes away, Scott. you may want to get that checked out.
[Reply]
goalie204 05:58 AM 06-30-2011
im frustrated and confused, im sticking to what ive been doin, nothings changed, but in the last week ive gone up almost 4 lbs...if anything i've been eating less, so im just ..not getting this... fckkk
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:04 AM 06-30-2011
Myles, what are you doing for exercise? I was reading an article recently that talked about hitting a plateau as far as exercising and changing up the routine.
[Reply]
forgop 07:14 AM 06-30-2011
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Myles, what are you doing for exercise? I was reading an article recently that talked about hitting a plateau as far as exercising and changing up the routine.
Same kind of thing can happen in the body. After a period of time, the body has been "programmed" to storing fat. Thus if you've been overweight for a lengthy period of time and begin losing weight, it's the body's mechanism of lowering its metabolic rate because it views it as a means of conserving energy. That's likely a good reason to be doing some weight training as it'll help boost the calories burned with a higher increase of total lean body weight compared to fat.
[Reply]
ashtonlady 10:02 AM 06-30-2011
Finding out this week how important sleep is for weight loss. Not only does it mess with your metabolism but it also messes with your motivation to do it.
[Reply]
goalie204 02:57 PM 06-30-2011
Bob: none, but i want to start doing some now that the weather is finally ince here, i want to walk and lift weights and do stuff
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:36 PM 06-30-2011
I tell you Myles, after just three days of doing the Power90 program, I"m already seeing results. Chest and arms are tightening up. The man-boobs are nearly gone and I actually have some definition in the biceps/triceps. My legs are sore as hell too. I almost took today off to let my calves rest but pushed through it and glad I did. They feel better now than before the workout. Worth looking into. I believe I got it on Amazon for under $80. Here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/POWER-90-Horto...9484159&sr=8-1
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:50 PM 06-30-2011
Just ordered the Bowflex 3.1 Utility Bench. Besides the exercises in the Power90 program, I want to do more dumbbell work, especially for the chest and back. Based on the reviews, it's a decent unit for the money and easy to use. This should help get me to my goal of some decent muscle mass/definition.
[Reply]
hotreds 07:54 PM 06-30-2011
Originally Posted by forgop:
Same kind of thing can happen in the body. After a period of time, the body has been "programmed" to storing fat. Thus if you've been overweight for a lengthy period of time and begin losing weight, it's the body's mechanism of lowering its metabolic rate because it views it as a means of conserving energy. That's likely a good reason to be doing some weight training as it'll help boost the calories burned with a higher increase of total lean body weight compared to fat.
Also a good idea to have a "cheat" day just to confuse your body- and it gives you something to look forward to as well.
[Reply]
forgop 07:59 PM 06-30-2011
Think I'm gonna schedule time into my day starting next week to do the plyometrics dvd out of the P90X series. That's my favorite workout by far, albeit it'll be ugly for me for a while. Just wanna focus on some cardio for awhile. It'll be interesting to see how it works out being on the Atkins induction at the moment though.
[Reply]
shilala 09:48 PM 06-30-2011
Originally Posted by Starscream:
hope the dizzyness goes away, Scott. you may want to get that checked out.
I wasn't eating, Andy. It's all fixed. I just started eating a little more.

Myles, we have P90X, Insanity, and Asylum if you want to try any of that stuff. My Lisa is doing Insanity and on week three she's not getting sore anymore and it's not kicking her ass so bad. This is someone who's been at the gym or running every day for damn near her whole life. It'd kill me.
You can work up to whatever you can handle over a period of time, as long as you push really hard. So it's really something anyone can do, and all you need is a good pair of cross-trainers. :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 04:36 AM 07-01-2011
Managed to maintain my weight on my night off for the 2nd straight week. The grilled haddock and broccoli for dinner last night probably helped, although I did sample some brownies my wife made.
Yesterday and today, instead of the hour of strength/yoga I tried last week, I did my usual half-hour of aerobics plus a half-hour of strength/yoga. I still managed to work up a nice sweat. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
goalie204 05:54 AM 07-01-2011
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Also a good idea to have a "cheat" day just to confuse your body- and it gives you something to look forward to as well.
I've heard this, but im scared it would be the beginning of the end, but i dont know anymore. I'd die right now if i tried any of those intensive exercise regimes, need to start slow
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:24 AM 07-01-2011
Originally Posted by forgop:
Think I'm gonna schedule time into my day starting next week to do the plyometrics dvd out of the P90X series. That's my favorite workout by far, albeit it'll be ugly for me for a while. Just wanna focus on some cardio for awhile. It'll be interesting to see how it works out being on the Atkins induction at the moment though.
I can't wait to get through this program so I can start on the P90x. Seems like everyone that does it says it's tough but feels a sense of accomplishment when they make it through. Same with Insanity.

Originally Posted by shilala:
I wasn't eating, Andy. It's all fixed. I just started eating a little more.
Good to hear you're doing better Scott.

Originally Posted by Kreth:
Managed to maintain my weight on my night off for the 2nd straight week. The grilled haddock and broccoli for dinner last night probably helped, although I did sample some brownies my wife made.
Yesterday and today, instead of the hour of strength/yoga I tried last week, I did my usual half-hour of aerobics plus a half-hour of strength/yoga. I still managed to work up a nice sweat. :-)
I'm finding I really like the yoga routine in the program I'm on. It's not a lot of moves but I work up a sweat just doing them for the 5 mins or so. Can't wait to see what a longer workout does.

Originally Posted by goalie204:
I'd die right now if i tried any of those intensive exercise regimes, need to start slow
I've had the Power90 program sitting on my desk at home for two years. Took me that long to finally get up the gumption to start it. Now I"m glad i finally did. It's not really too difficult and all along the way they tell you to go at your own pace or hit pause if you need to. It's not about killing yourself at the beginning. As you get more fit, you'll be able to do more. If you're still not ready for it, just get a set of 5 or 10lb dumbbells and do some different curl exercises. You can do a number of them to work the arms, back, chest and shoulders.
[Reply]
Commander Quan 08:21 AM 07-01-2011
I've never seen the P90 or Insanity DVDs but i have done 6 weeks of P90X. When you guys start just be sure to start slow, and be very attentive to what your body is telling you. These are great workouts, but they are very lacking in any type of instruction as far as how to correctly/safely do the workouts.

I've had problems with the disks in my lower back for the last 6 years, and I while doing Plyo I blew out those 2 disks and it's taken me almost 2 years to get back to where I was before then. I always worked out on Zebra mats so be especially careful if you are working out on a solid surface, or you haven't lifted weights in a while. There is great potential to do more harm than good if the routines are done with poor form.
[Reply]
hotreds 08:22 AM 07-01-2011
Dropped three this week. No complaints- I realize I can't lose 50 lbs in a coupla weeks- alas!
[Reply]
Page 99 of 129
« First < 4989979899 100101109 > Last »
Up