Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 99 of 104
« First < 4989979899 100101 > Last »
Sports>NHL '08- '09 Thread
blooz4u 12:50 AM 06-13-2009
Congrats to the Pens!

Being a Stars homer, it was good to see Billy Guerin skate the cup. We asked him to do WAY too much when he was here. The role he plays in Pitt is perfect for him!
GHC_Hambone 01:06 AM 06-13-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Thanks for tearing open that 38 year old wound, Joe! :-)
Haha sorry guys, just a little hockey fact. I wasn't even born yet, so its a little easier for me to deal with :-)
Ahbroody 02:01 AM 06-13-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Wings shot wide quite a bit too. :-)
This is true Tom, but it is also true that Fluery made a lot of saves in the third period on shots that I thought were going in. He was the difference in this game to me. The horrible attempt at playing the trap that the Pens started playing in the second and almost the entire third resulted in chance after chance after chance. I saw more then a few saves that bailed them out. As I posted in the third right before Det scored. I said they were going to score and they did. It was only a matter of time. The reason they didnt score more was largely Fluery. :-) Well that and that damn crossbar got in the way.

All things said this series was largely who got the breaks on bounces etc. So many of those games were decided by bounces and luck going one teams way or another. In the end the Pens pulled it out, but I dont think anyone here can say that the Wings couldnt and possibly shouldnt have won the series.

Well now I get to look forward to another flame out by the sharks next year. Maybe one day they will get some heart and soul players like other teams have.
LasciviousXXX 07:28 AM 06-13-2009
Hell of a game.

I must say I'm crestfallen for my mighty Wings. But I give props to the better team this year, Congrats Penguins fans. You guys earned it :-)

We'll get 'em next year guys :-)
kelmac07 07:36 AM 06-13-2009
Holy $h*t that was an awesome game...congrats to the Pens!!!
Steve 08:07 AM 06-13-2009
Originally Posted by steve:
Well, If the Pens were going to win a game at Detroit, they picked the game to do it! Congrats Pittsburg!
Originally Posted by JaKaacH:
Only had to play good in Detroit ONE game...
That was exactly my point!

It was a good game. The Pens played much better than some of the previous games. As I have said before, other than my wife wanting the Pens to win (who, by the way I kept out on the deck with me enjoying a real nice 12 year old Tawny Port until shortly beforethe only Wings goal :-) !), I really had no favorite in this series. But, I must say that I thought that the Wings played a better series (just my :-)). However, just like in so many sports (and some areas of life) it comes right down to the buzzer, and what has happened before doesn't matter.

Sorry to the Wings fans, and congrats to the Penguins!

:-)
icehog3 09:16 AM 06-13-2009
Think Max Talbot has a little hangover today? :-) :-)
jonharky 09:29 AM 06-13-2009
Originally Posted by loki:
I told myself I wasn't going to post in this thread again but you sir have drawn me back out.

you're a moron, and this maybe the stupidest thing I've heard this year. Detroit fans are now my most hated, you have no class. Congratulations you've beaten out Phli, Ohio state, MSU, Mich, and USC. I didn't think this was possible but you and all the other low life no class Detroit fans have done it. This is an accomplishment that maybe harder then winning the cup since I've hated these other fans much longer then I have you guys.
If you would have read a little farther this what I wrote

"Yes I was kidding It was all in good fun. Had a great time this playoff season chatting with all of you. Time is coming for football season!!"

So before jumping off the deep you should have read that first but obviously you didn't. Maybe you should have kept to your thoughts of not posting on this thread.

I apologize for that just had to get it off my chest!!
pnoon 09:33 AM 06-13-2009
you're a moron, and this maybe the stupidest thing I've heard this year.
Originally Posted by jonharky:

So before jumping off the deep you should have read that first but obviously you didn't now who is the moron.
Debate ideas if you want. Personal insults will not be ignored.

you're a moron
Not o.k.
and this maybe the stupidest thing I've heard this year.
This is o.k.
jonharky 09:35 AM 06-13-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Debate ideas if you want. Personal insults will not be ignored.
I apologize Peter. I know I shouldn't have wrote that just a little tempered about that
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:15 AM 06-13-2009
Originally Posted by Waynegro1:
This was a wild series. The home team won every game except the last. When was the last time that's happened? While I wanted the Pens to win (for selfish reasons), I always enjoy watching the Wings.
My hand is out for a celebratory handshake to all Detroit fans. Way to go Pens!!!
It's been a great year of Asylum Hockey.

Until next season, keep your head up and your stick on the ice, my friends. :-)
:-)

Originally Posted by GHC_Hambone:
1971. Canadiens beat the Blackhawks at the old Chicago Stadium.
Could a mod. please delete this post?:-)
poker 10:37 AM 06-13-2009
Ease up on the personal insults guys. Theres no need for it here.
Prefy 10:57 AM 06-13-2009
Another years has come to an end...congrats to the pens!!! Can't wait untill next year...the draft should be interesting too.
Ahbroody 11:24 AM 06-13-2009
Wonder if you guys will get the #1 Pick. I know hes trying to work a trade.
I am a closet Leafs fan. more days then not you can find me wearing a Leafs or Marlies hat.
Prefy 11:31 AM 06-13-2009
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Wonder if you guys will get the #1 Pick. I know hes trying to work a trade.
I am a closet Leafs fan. more days then not you can find me wearing a Leafs or Marlies hat.
I hope you just didn't imply i'm a Leaf's fan:-):-)
Ahbroody 01:33 PM 06-13-2009
rofl mybad. Didnt read location.
oooooOOO and
Go Leafs Go!
White97Jimmy 03:04 PM 06-13-2009
I told myself I wasn't going to post in this thread again but you sir have drawn me back out.

you're a moron, and this maybe the stupidest thing I've heard this year. Detroit fans are now my most hated, you have no class. Congratulations you've beaten out Phli, Ohio state, MSU, Mich, and USC. I didn't think this was possible but you and all the other low life no class Detroit fans have done it. This is an accomplishment that maybe harder then winning the cup since I've hated these other fans much longer then I have you guys.
Class? How about how Crosby didn't even shake Lidstrom's hand. Captain to captain, Sid should have shown the respect. Lidstrom is one of the most respected defensmen and captains in the league. Sid the Kid is just that...still a kid.
Mikey202 03:25 PM 06-13-2009
Originally Posted by White97Jimmy:
Sid the Kid is just that...still a kid.
.......with a STANLEY CUP!!!!! :-):-):-)
ahc4353 03:26 PM 06-13-2009
Class? How about how Crosby didn't even shake Lidstrom's hand. Captain to captain, Sid should have shown the respect. Lidstrom is one of the most respected defensmen and captains in the league. Sid the Kid is just that...still a kid.
He didn't shake his hand? :-) Link me.
icehog3 03:53 PM 06-13-2009
I missed that, what happened?
Page 99 of 104
« First < 4989979899 100101 > Last »
Up