Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 98 of 104
« First < 4888969798 99100 > Last »
Sports>NHL '08- '09 Thread
lightning9191 08:59 PM 06-12-2009
Awesome game!! Hooray for the PENS!! And sweet save by Fleury at the end!
jonharky 09:18 PM 06-12-2009
All well there is always next year....and I will not say good game because the refs were paid by Bettman!! That is my belief and I am sticking to it.

I must say though that Fleury played one hell of a game tonight my hats off to him!!
MedicCook 09:25 PM 06-12-2009
The Pens deserved to win tonight. To me it seemed like the Red Wings did not even start to play hard until the last 10 mins.
Ahbroody 09:37 PM 06-12-2009
Originally Posted by jonharky:
All well there is always next year....and I will not say good game because the refs were paid by Bettman!! That is my belief and I am sticking to it.

I must say though that Fleury played one hell of a game tonight my hats off to him!!
Well atleast the last sentence is correct.
Good lord I hope you are kidding and not playing the refs hosed you card. Its the ultimate losers crutch. Facts are Fluery played out his ass and robbed the wings all game long. Detroit had more than enough scoring chances that they didnt bury. Fluery stood on his head and stole the game. I suppose Betman and the refs raised the crossbar on the shot that almost tied it to.

Give credit where it is due. The Pens out played the wings just enough to win.
kugie 09:45 PM 06-12-2009
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Good lord I hope you are kidding and not playing the refs hosed you card. Its the ultimate losers crutch. Facts are Fluery played out his ass and robbed the wings all game long. Detroit had more than enough scoring chances that they didnt bury. Fluery stood on his head and stole the game. I suppose Betman and the refs raised the crossbar on the shot that almost tied it to.

:-):-):-):-)
I am with ya Bro!!!!!
GHC_Hambone 10:12 PM 06-12-2009
I did not watch the game but I find this hilarious.

Congrats Penguins fans and sorry Wings fans.
icehog3 10:26 PM 06-12-2009

Congrats to the Pens and their fans....Especially Max Talbot and Billy Guerin. :-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:33 PM 06-12-2009
The wings didnt win? Thats like saying the sun rises in the west:-)
There is always next year right?:-) Maybe they will win if they dont play at home:-)

Congrats to Penguin fans:-)
JaKaacH 11:16 PM 06-12-2009
Originally Posted by JaKaacH:
Approximately 10:30pm, June 12, 2009, Chicago time you will see Sidney with his Stanley Cup...
I was wrong by 45 minutes. I think he skated the cup at 9:45...:-)

Originally Posted by steve:
Considering the way the Pen's have been playing in Detroit...

But, as I've said before, I don't have a dog in this fight :-)
Only had to play good in Detroit ONE game...:-)
Originally Posted by icehog3:

Congrats to the Pens and their fans....Especially Max Talbot and Billy Guerin.
Cool picture..:-)
icehog3 11:24 PM 06-12-2009
Originally Posted by JaKaacH:

Cool picture..:-)
As Eddie Olcyk would say, "That is one happy human...." :-)
jonharky 11:24 PM 06-12-2009

Yes I was kidding It was all in good fun. Had a great time this playoff season chatting with all of you. Time is coming for football season!!
GHC_Hambone 11:26 PM 06-12-2009
As Eddie Olcyk would say, "That is one happy human...." :-)
I think it would be more like, "Stop it right here! All you young hockey players pay attention here. Look at that arm extension as he raises the cup!"
icehog3 11:26 PM 06-12-2009
Facts are Fluery played out his ass and robbed the wings all game long.
Wings shot wide quite a bit too. :-)

As I said, congrats to the Pens and their fans. :-)
icehog3 11:27 PM 06-12-2009
Originally Posted by GHC_Hambone:
I think it would be more like, "Stop it right here! All you young hockey players pay attention here. Look at that arm extension as he raises the cup!"
Immeeeeeeeeeediately! :-)
loki 11:48 PM 06-12-2009
Originally Posted by jonharky:
I told myself I wasn't going to post in this thread again but you sir have drawn me back out.

you're a moron, and this maybe the stupidest thing I've heard this year. Detroit fans are now my most hated, you have no class. Congratulations you've beaten out Phli, Ohio state, MSU, Mich, and USC. I didn't think this was possible but you and all the other low life no class Detroit fans have done it. This is an accomplishment that maybe harder then winning the cup since I've hated these other fans much longer then I have you guys.
GHC_Hambone 11:58 PM 06-12-2009
Originally Posted by loki:
I told myself I wasn't going to post in this thread again but you sir have drawn me back out.

you're a moron, and this maybe the stupidest thing I've heard this year. Detroit fans are now my most hated, you have no class. Congratulations you've beaten out Phli, Ohio state, MSU, Mich, and USC. I didn't think this was possible but you and all the other low life no class Detroit fans have done it. This is an accomplishment that maybe harder then winning the cup since I've hated these other fans much longer then I have you guys.
Woah, easy there buddy! I hate Detroit just as much as anybody, but thats a little over the top. I think he was joking anyway.
Waynegro1 12:08 AM 06-13-2009
This was a wild series. The home team won every game except the last. When was the last time that's happened? While I wanted the Pens to win (for selfish reasons), I always enjoy watching the Wings.
My hand is out for a celebratory handshake to all Detroit fans. Way to go Pens!!!
It's been a great year of Asylum Hockey.

Until next season, keep your head up and your stick on the ice, my friends. :-)
GHC_Hambone 12:12 AM 06-13-2009
Originally Posted by Waynegro1:
The home team won every game except the last. When was the last time that's happened?

1971. Canadiens beat the Blackhawks at the old Chicago Stadium.
icehog3 12:21 AM 06-13-2009
Originally Posted by GHC_Hambone:
1971. Canadiens beat the Blackhawks at the old Chicago Stadium.
Thanks for tearing open that 38 year old wound, Joe! :-)
MedicCook 12:32 AM 06-13-2009
Thanks for tearing open that 38 year old wound, Joe! :-)
:-)
Page 98 of 104
« First < 4888969798 99100 > Last »
Up