Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 98 of 207
« First < 4888969798 99100108148198 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Let's see pictures of your humidors !!
Dave128 01:20 PM 06-03-2010
This thread has a ton of great looking humi's and sticks. Blows my little collection of no more than 40 sticks away.

Just curious....At an average of $5 a stick, where do you guys come up with all the money for these humi's and their contents? it's got to cost a small fortune.
[Reply]
DonnieW 01:56 PM 06-03-2010
Originally Posted by Dave128:
This thread has a ton of great looking humi's and sticks. Blows my little collection of no more than 40 sticks away.

Just curious....At an average of $5 a stick, where do you guys come up with all the money for these humi's and their contents? it's got to cost a small fortune.
I've been known to whore myself out. What can I say, I got the stuff. :-)

okay... like most guys, I wait until I find good deal and stock up. Collections are made over many years for some of us.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 02:11 PM 06-03-2010
It's called being single. I even surprised myself last week when I added up my cigar spending in the last 5 months.
[Reply]
lightning9191 02:17 PM 06-03-2010

A few dollars at a time...
[Reply]
chibnkr 02:35 PM 06-03-2010
There is a (very old) picture of mine on Bob's webiste:

http://www.aristocrathumidors.com/ar...20photo-1.html

Can you guess which one is mine? :-)
[Reply]
MiamiE 02:53 PM 06-03-2010
Originally Posted by chibnkr:

Amazing collection!
[Reply]
DropTheE 03:15 PM 06-03-2010

3rd Row Middle, WOW!! Simply stunning my friend. How long did that take you, 3 days, 5 days...??:-)
[Reply]
awsmith4 03:58 PM 06-03-2010

I don't see it, you're the guy who collects fresh rolled Mexican cigars correct?

:-)
[Reply]
DropTheE 08:46 PM 06-03-2010
Well, it only took 2 months to fill the Cabinet, on to bigger and better. Got this from our brother at Cheap Humidors. Great seal, I put in some lighting and hooked up my humidifiers. She is holding at 65 on the middle and bottom and 67 at the top. All at 68 degrees on temp.
Now comes the fun part, I really hope that it doesn't fill up so quickly, (wait that's my fault!!).
[Reply]
DropTheE 08:47 PM 06-03-2010
Continued... Had to put a bit of Arm and Hammer in there to pull out the new construction stinky...

The next step is to build a walk in humidor in my recording studio, big enough to put guitars in that need humidity control and I figure I might as well go big daddy on cigar storage. Since I haven't done anything like that before, I will do a whole thread on it from start to finish but I think it will be a while before that happens. I am going to try to enjoy this one for a bit, blow some money on sticks, and then start the walk in project. I figure I will probably drag it out for a good year building it!!!
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:01 PM 06-03-2010
Gorgeous Dan!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
cort 09:05 PM 06-03-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
:-) A.K.A. Mac:-)
[Reply]
DropTheE 09:19 PM 06-03-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Originally Posted by Cort:
:-) A.K.A. Mac:-)
Thanks Guys!! I am super happy with it. Already started buying boxes in celebration!! :-)

I think I will be selling my Lexington cabinet, that way I can start using that money to start buying the stuff for the walkin.
[Reply]
cort 09:35 PM 06-03-2010
Originally Posted by DropTheE:
Thanks Guys!! I am super happy with it. Already started buying boxes in celebration!! :-)

I think I will be selling my Lexington cabinet, that way I can start using that money to start buying the stuff for the walkin.
Atta boy:-)
[Reply]
macsauce13 09:37 PM 06-03-2010
Looks awesome Dan! Enjoy filling it up!
[Reply]
Barteur 04:05 AM 06-04-2010
Originally Posted by DropTheE:
Well, it only took 2 months to fill the Cabinet, on to bigger and better. Got this from our brother at Cheap Humidors. Great seal, I put in some lighting and hooked up my humidifiers. She is holding at 65 on the middle and bottom and 67 at the top. All at 68 degrees on temp.
Now comes the fun part, I really hope that it doesn't fill up so quickly, (wait that's my fault!!).
Nice Humi:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 04:11 AM 06-04-2010
Very Nice! Keep The Pics Coming!:-)
[Reply]
Dave128 11:42 AM 06-04-2010
That's disgustingly gorgeous! Maybe my wife will let me get something bigger than the little 40 stick humi that I have when we re-do the basement.
[Reply]
jaymz 06:59 PM 06-04-2010

There are lots of opportunities to pick up a sizeable collection at a fraction of what you might think the cost should be if you frequent the board and keep your eyes peeled. Post reviews of what you like to smoke so people can recommend sticks for you at a good price point. Visit Herfs! People are more than willing to help push you down the slope especially if you meet them in person.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:06 PM 06-04-2010
DropTheE, I have same cabinet. I like the idea of the lighting inside. I may just have to look into a LED kit and wire it so that it comes on when the door is opened.
[Reply]
Page 98 of 207
« First < 4888969798 99100108148198 > Last »
Up