Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 98 of 129
« First < 4888969798 99100108 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
Kreth 04:05 PM 06-28-2011
Originally Posted by Starscream:
It'll happen, bud. Just keep it up. You probably already know this, but I'm gonna say it anyway: Don't overeat the day before your weigh-in. If you want to indulge, make it earlier in your week, say right after you actually weigh-in.
I only had 2 slices, and had my wife order mushrooms instead of sausage. Other than that my intake for the day was: a bowl of Honey-nut Cheerios w/ skim milk, a Clif bar, a banana, and a cup of yogurt. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Starscream 04:06 PM 06-28-2011
Originally Posted by forgop:
Sams Club stop on the way home...eggs, cheese, sausage, and bacon for my breakfasts and then grabbed some whole chickens, boneless/skinless chicken thighs, and a nice looking pork roast all for the smoker. :-)
:-)
Originally Posted by goalie204:
link of that low carb recipe thread, in your signature! CMON ANDY I AIN'T SPEAKIN CHINESE :-)
I'm a bit slow today.:-)

I don't have anymore room in my sig.:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 04:08 PM 06-28-2011
Originally Posted by Kreth:
I only had 2 slices, and had my wife order mushrooms instead of sausage. Other than that my intake for the day was: a bowl of Honey-nut Cheerios w/ skim milk, a Clif bar, a banana, and a cup of yogurt. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
That's not bad at all.
[Reply]
Commander Quan 04:12 PM 06-28-2011
I am almost finished watching Fat Head. If you haven't seen this movie you need to watch it. It's available on Hulu.
[Reply]
Starscream 05:51 PM 06-28-2011
Let us know what you think, Derrick.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:46 PM 06-28-2011
Ok, day 1 of the Power 90 system. Holy crap was that tough and fun. The AbRipper100 was killer. I think I got ~40 of them in. Followed that up with a couple sets of bicep/tricep curls.

Here's me on day 1. Can't wait to see what the change is on day 90.
Attached: DSCN0462.jpg (67.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Starscream 06:50 PM 06-28-2011
If it's fun, You'll stick with it! That's good to hear that you had fun doing it.
[Reply]
forgop 03:43 AM 06-29-2011

Don't worry about the BMI index. It's pretty flawed. John Cena and Batista are considered obese by that scale.:-)
true, but when I'm trying to get a new life insurance policy quoted in the future, what do you think it'll go by on my application for rates? It's going to look at height/weight and whatever combination it determines the health class I'm in no matter how low my actual bodyfat may be.
[Reply]
Kreth 06:59 AM 06-29-2011
Wow! Had one of *those* nights at work, expected to drop 2-3 lbs. I weighed in this morning before my workout and I was down to 255.7!
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Starscream 10:02 AM 06-29-2011
Originally Posted by forgop:
true, but when I'm trying to get a new life insurance policy quoted in the future, what do you think it'll go by on my application for rates? It's going to look at height/weight and whatever combination it determines the health class I'm in no matter how low my actual bodyfat may be.
Go to the doctor and get it checked professionally. It can be lowered by measuring your muscle/fat ratio too.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:03 AM 06-29-2011
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Wow! Had one of *those* nights at work, expected to drop 2-3 lbs. I weighed in this morning before my workout and I was down to 255.7!
Posted via Mobile Device
Good news! Keep it up!

Guess what everybody?

I lost 5 pounds this week!

239!:-)

Only one more pound before I reach my short term goal. The bad news? I'm leaving to go on vacation tomorrow, so you know what that could mean...:-)
[Reply]
goalie204 11:33 AM 06-29-2011
way to go andy!
[Reply]
Kreth 11:48 AM 06-29-2011
WTG, Andy! :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 01:32 PM 06-29-2011
Nice work outta you Andy. :-)

Just keep in mind while on vacation that you don't need to pig out. Indulge a little, but be mindful where you can. That way you can hopefully not gain anything.
[Reply]
Starscream 04:46 PM 06-29-2011
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Nice work outta you Andy. :-)

Just keep in mind while on vacation that you don't need to pig out. Indulge a little, but be mindful where you can. That way you can hopefully not gain anything.
Most of my family in KY eats healthy, but it's not low carb. My only downfall will be White Castle. I'm gonna eat a ton of White Castle's while I'm up there, but I will stay away from the fries and other high carb items. I promise I will eat a Crave Case by myself at least. Maybe I can stay active enough up there to work it off.

I'm glad to have the new Health and Fitness section, but it makes me look like more of a postwhore. I was below 8,000 before Dave moved this thread out of banter. Now I'm almost at 9,000.:-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 04:55 PM 06-29-2011
Try this at WC. Take the insides from one or more sliders and put it in with another, discarding the bun. It'll cut down on the carbs and you'll still get all the rest.

I noticed that too about my post count. Bumped me up nearly a couple hundy.

Just got done with day two of Power 90. Was actually supposed to be day one, as I got the two workouts mixed up. Oh well. Lots of weight exercises in this one. Got to really use the new dumbbells. I'll give them a :-). Worked very well as I had to go to a lower weight halfway through and it took only a few seconds and I didn't miss a beat. Worked up a good sweat again but the workout was over pretty quick, just over a half hour. Decided to keep the burn going so did part of the "Sweat" program. That was tough since my muscles were already fatigued. I got through about half before calling it quits.

I think I'm taking after Scott now. I used to be very regular if you catch my drift. Not anymore. Granted I drank a lot of water and just finished a lightish dinner, but I"m up to 231, from 224 this morning. Once things get moving it should be a quick loss back down to the 224.
[Reply]
Kreth 04:57 PM 06-29-2011
I'm glad to have the new Health and Fitness section, but it makes me look like more of a postwhore. I was below 8,000 before Dave moved this thread out of banter. Now I'm almost at 9,000.:-)
The first step is admitting you have a problem... :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Starscream 05:16 PM 06-29-2011
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Try this at WC. Take the insides from one or more sliders and put it in with another, discarding the bun. It'll cut down on the carbs and you'll still get all the rest.

I noticed that too about my post count. Bumped me up nearly a couple hundy.

Just got done with day two of Power 90. Was actually supposed to be day one, as I got the two workouts mixed up. Oh well. Lots of weight exercises in this one. Got to really use the new dumbbells. I'll give them a :-). Worked very well as I had to go to a lower weight halfway through and it took only a few seconds and I didn't miss a beat. Worked up a good sweat again but the workout was over pretty quick, just over a half hour. Decided to keep the burn going so did part of the "Sweat" program. That was tough since my muscles were already fatigued. I got through about half before calling it quits.

I think I'm taking after Scott now. I used to be very regular if you catch my drift. Not anymore. Granted I drank a lot of water and just finished a lightish dinner, but I"m up to 231, from 224 this morning. Once things get moving it should be a quick loss back down to the 224.
But the bun is part of what makes the slider. Can't do without.

Keep up the good work, Bob. You will start noticing the results after the first week or two definitely, if not before then.

I know how you feel. Low carb does the same thing to me too. Green veggies help out a bit with that.
[Reply]
goalie204 05:41 PM 06-29-2011
i just sauteed some bacon till crisp, put it on a paper towel and threw a lot of spinach leaves in the pan (turned the heat up a bit), till they were wilted, tossed in a bit of champagne vinegar/salt/pepper and mixed the bacon back in, it was good
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:48 PM 06-29-2011
That sounds good Myles.

I made a pasta dish with 1/2 a serving of spaghetti, 1/2C sauce, some diced cherry tomatoes, diced bell pepper, garlic and a egg poached in the sauce. Added some ground flax seed to bump up the fiber, plus it thickened the sauce. Also added lots of chile flakes to spice things up. Topped with some mozzarella. Quite filling even.
[Reply]
Page 98 of 129
« First < 4888969798 99100108 > Last »
Up